• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mr Evans making a little comment about PS there. Hate the bloke!

Anyway, think there will be a lot of tough challenges a few goals and a good atmosphere. As it's quite an up close and personal place to play!

I fancy a win for us!

3-2

Apparently only sold 300, but I think we will take near 600 hopefully more!

Same line-up as the 2nd half 4-3-3 on saturday - Morris, Clohessy, Prosser, Barker, Coughlan, Kalala, Ferdinand, Grant, Hall, Harris, Dickinson.

2-1 to Blues. Hall & Harris.

I'd take a draw if offered now at Crawley. They've got some good players and an outstanding home record albeit at a lower level. That said I think our side this year is capable of mixing it with the big boys.

Where is everyone drinking before the game? My mates have dropped out be good to see some fellow Shrimpers before kickoff.

fair comments from Evans about us I'd say. Personally I hope we stuff them, and think that we're well organised and hopefully they're still gelling.

Easily our toughest game of the season to date (including the Orient game). I'd settle for a 1-1, but secretly, I'd love Ryan Leonard to come on in the 85th minute, and then score one of his trademark screamers in the 90th minute for a 2-1 away win!

Morris

Clohessy Coughlan Barker Prosser

Kalala Ferdinand Grant

Dickinson Harris Hall
Nothing against Leonard as I thought he had a very good game on Saturday but I'd like to see us go a bit more attacking against this mob and stuff 'em.​

I think PS will start more defensively that with 3 up front, however that is the beauty of the current squad, there is a lot of flexability within the ranks.

To start I see Dickinson up top by himself, with Hall the only real other "attacking" threat from the middle of the park. It will be a bruising encounter reckon.

a draw, with goals is my thought

A very difficult place to get a result, i would love a win,but for me a draw at there place is a good result for us

For me to counteract the threat from Barnett, Tubbs and Mcfadzean to name a few, we need to be more defensive and stronger and taller. With that in mind I would say:

Morris

Barker

Clohessy Bilel Prosser Gilbert

Ferdinand Kalala Grant

Hall

Dickinson​

For me to counteract the threat from Barnett, Tubbs and Mcfadzean to name a few, we need to be more defensive and stronger and taller. With that in mind I would say:

Morris

Barker

Ferdinand Kalala Grant

Hall

Dickinson​

Can see where you're coming from, my only concern would be have the squad actually trained or played in a 5-3-2? Personally think if not then we may be best off sticking to a formation where the players know their jobs and where they need to be in a positional sense. It's a tough game tomorrow, I favour the 4-3-3 with Kalala holding and Sawyer playing left side of the forward 3 to give us a little more stability and bite in midfield.

It's a tough one though, as you said we will need the height and Mohsni would be great to stick in but in what is probably going to be a very needly game can we trust him to keep his cool on the pitch?

Can see where you're coming from, my only concern would be have the squad actually trained or played in a 5-3-2? Personally think if not then we may be best off sticking to a formation where the players know their jobs and where they need to be in a positional sense. It's a tough game tomorrow, I favour the 4-3-3 with Kalala holding and Sawyer playing left side of the forward 3 to give us a little more stability and bite in midfield.

Yep, it's a tough one isn't it.

But creepy really do carry an incredible attacking threat. We haven't even mentioned the likes of Torres, Simpson, Davies, Thomas & Akinde et al.

I would love us to go at them, don't get me wrong. But I feel this is a game where we need to park the proverbial bus. Counter their aerial threat and hit them on the break. Perhaps spice things up later on, if we are still in the game, by bringing on the likes of JJ, Sawyer, Harris etc.

Morris

Barker

Ferdinand Kalala Grant

Hall

Dickinson​

I agree with that line up. But for me it's got to be 4 at the back. IMO We've got enough defensive power with Kalala and Ferdinand. Lee Sawyer deserves a start and I'd play.

Morris
Clohessy Mohsni Barker Prosser
Kalala Ferdinand
Hall Sawyer
Grant
Big Dicko

Granty kept getting in behind their defensive line (Accrington) which they couldn't deal with and is why we could have been three up within 10 minutes.

I also like the idea of Ryan Hall going through the middle playing off Big Dicko, in the same type of fashion as Ashley Young. However I think Hall's crosses are two valuable away from home for Big Dicko to get his noggin onto!

But creepy really do carry an incredible attacking threat. We haven't even mentioned the likes of Torres, Simpson, Davies, Thomas & Akinde et al.

I would love us to go at them, don't get me wrong. But I feel this is a game where we need to park the proverbial bus. Counter their aerial threat and hit them on the break. Perhaps spice things up later on, if we are still in the game, by bringing on the likes of JJ, Sawyer, Harris etc.

I think there's a valid case for either of our tactical selections, I'm sure Luggy will get it right.

Would take a point now, what an excellent start that would be especially considering we'll have got 2 very tough away games out of the way early doors too.

Some good odds if you fancy us to win tomorrow night. Sky, WH and B365 all have us at 9/2 to win. B365 have us at 14/16 to win 1-0 or 2-1 or 28's for a 2-0 win. If we stick to the 433 and Hall is "up top" he could have some really value in him at 16/1 to score first ... !

Some good odds if you fancy us to win tomorrow night. Sky, WH and B365 all have us at 9/2 to win. B365 have us at 14/16 to win 1-0 or 2-1 or 28's for a 2-0 win. If we stick to the 433 and Hall is "up top" he could have some really value in him at 16/1 to score first ... !

Not surprising though, when Creepy's last defeat at home was against Newport in October 2010!

Which is 19 league and cup games, by my calculations. :stunned:

Crawley are a decent side but nowhere near the team you're suggesting. Even if they're the best team in this division (debatable), man-for-man they are not significantly stronger than we are. Setting a team out to 'park the bus' is the worst thing we can do as it would hand the initiative to them and that's when their array of attacking players will hurt us.

Any team who can afford to leave Neil Harris on the bench should always be looking to assert their own attacking influence on a game.

Back