• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BluesMike61

Youth Team
I'm seeing unconfirmed reports on Twitter that Phil Brown has convinced Ryan to stay for another year. Good work by Brown if true and probably helped by Corr signing for 2 years.

I'm seeing unconfirmed reports on Twitter that Phil Brown has convinced Ryan to stay for another year. Good work by Brown if true and probably helped by Corr signing for 2 years.

You mean another year over and above the one year he has left on the contract he signed ?

Surely not 2 pieces of good news in one day!?

If he does stay, then surely we will have to get promotion or he will be off on a free next summer.

Please note that this is not from CP- he has just stated that PB has met him for talks to pursuade him to stay.
An ex-agent on twitter who get an alarming amount of this stuff right, and who has been saying previously he was in talks for a move away with Fleetwood and others, is now tweeting that he is now hearing he is now staying further to successful talks with PB- let's hope so..

Basically, we wouldn't accept the bids on the table, so he has to stay - no choice, but will walk for nothing at the end of the season if he wants to.

Still, if he wants to stay, then that is good news.

Please note that this is not from CP- he has just stated that PB has met him for talks to pursuade him to stay.
An ex-agent on twitter who get an alarming amount of this stuff right, and who has been saying previously he was in talks for a move away with Fleetwood and others, is now tweeting that he is now hearing he is now staying further to successful talks with PB- let's hope so..

Forgive me for being cynical, but this sounds to me like Cresswell's claim to be homesick was just a smokescreen. It seems to me he saw us as a sinking ship and wanted to leave. Because he was under contract he couldn't just say so, hence the homesick claim.

If he really were homesick PB's vision for our future wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to him.

That said, I also believe RC is the type of player who will always give 100%, so if he stays i'll be as excited as the next guy.

Basically, we wouldn't accept the bids on the table, so he has to stay - no choice, but will walk for nothing at the end of the season if he wants to.

Still, if he wants to stay, then that is good news.

We wouldn't accept bids for Hall & Ferdinand last year either. Or Nicky Bailey back in the day. If Cresswell has agreed to see out his contract then we don't need to worry about losing him a game into the season when he or his agent forces a move.

there is no actual quote from RC in the Echo article stating that he is homesick or wants a move up north only PB saying that Ryan has made 'noises' about a move nearer home.

Still i'm sure everything is okay, that Ryan will see his contract out, and that PB hasn't manipulated the situation to make himself look like our saviour :unsure:

there is no actual quote from RC in the Echo article stating that he is homesick or wants a move up north only PB saying that Ryan has made 'noises' about a move nearer home.

Still i'm sure everything is okay, that Ryan will see his contract out, and that PB hasn't manipulated the situation to make himself look like our saviour :unsure:

Thats rather unlikely.

I think having these issues with players doesnt do him any favours at all. It will be great if he can convince Cresswell to stay, but it wouldnt have been planned.

Chesterfield are coming in for a bid of around 100k according to there forums !!

100k? Let him go for that. He's good but for 100k, when we signed him on a free, and got a decent season out of him? Cya

Back