• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fantastic result. Seems like Brown has found the balance and players are starting to hit form (not just Pigott, but throughout the squad).

Still the lowest scorers in the top 12 I think. Great to win the games, but must be more clinical. Still too much squeaky bum time!

All I mean by that is that we also have then going best against record outside the top 3, so not so much squeaky bum time but also maybe a little faith that we are again hard to break down

Fantastic reaction from the Pig to some justified criticism on Saturday. His attitude really let him down against Scunthorpe so it's nice to see him get back amongst the goals. Full credit to him and to Brown who I'm sure gave him an arm round the shoulder in the week. We all love our club and don't like seeing players wearing the shirt who don't look like they're trying or particularly care. Would have been all too easy for Pigott's head to drop even more, but he's silenced his critics and shown maturity beyond his years. He can now (quite rightly) stick two fingers up against everyone who slagged him off on Saturday (me included). Well done Joe, hopefully a sign of things to come.

Three wins on the bounce is absolutely brilliant and we're now only two points off the playoffs! Feel like we've really found our feet now and we're now getting the results to show it. Can any of the stattos tell me the last time we scored two goals in three consecutive games? Must have been a while?!

Well done lads. Proud to be a Blue.

EDIT: Last time we scored two goals in three consecutive games looks like it was November 2013!

Alternatively, he could just carry on from here and acknowledge that he was very below par last week and that the criticism was absolutely justified, rather than even metaphorically sticking two fingers up at his critics. Last Saturday was one of the most unenthusiastic displays from a forward I've seen since Leon Clarke's last game v Doncaster. As my better half commented at the time, "He looks like he's on his period" which was pretty spot on, if you know what I mean.

Like you, I'm absolutely chuffed for the lad as I do think he has qualities but any more like last week and he can bloody well go back to Charlton!

Great win tonight though, I was going to go but sadly work commitments got in the way. Shame I missed it!

How did Deegan play? He gets slated a lot on here (I like him) so I'm hoping he put in a performance tonight too.

Still the lowest scorers in the top 12 I think. Great to win the games, but must be more clinical. Still too much squeaky bum time!
That's mainly due to our dismal start to the season (1 goal in 4 games), we've scored 10 in the last 6 games which is pretty good going.

How did Deegan play? He gets slated a lot on here (I like him) so I'm hoping he put in a performance tonight too.

Not sure he gets slated so much as there are some who don't fully get what he brings to the party compared to some other more 'creative' players. Luckily the man that matters, PB, does. All good teams have what I believe used to be called a 'hod or water carrier'. They do all the ugly stuff, break things up, put the oppo on the back foot, calm things down and hit the restart button, give others the freedom to play etc. Whilst we have tried others in that role, even Lenny, reality is Deegan is the only natural.

Totally deserved win for you guys tonight, I have to say you looked faster and stronger than in previous meetings, how you were not up by the end of the 1st half I really don't know, typical performance from the Alex as I suspected and mentioned on the other thread, some shocking play, there is already a chink of light in the trap door to div 2, but hey ho its only the end of September we are not dead and buried yet.:smile:

Good luck for the rest of the season, no doubt I will back on here before the return match at Roots Hall:happy:

Totally deserved win for you guys tonight, I have to say you looked faster and stronger than in previous meetings, how you were not up by the end of the 1st half I really don't know, typical performance from the Alex as I suspected and mentioned on the other thread, some shocking play, there is already a chink of light in the trap door to div 2, but hey ho its only the end of September we are not dead and buried yet.:smile:

Good luck for the rest of the season, no doubt I will back on here before the return match at Roots Hall:happy:

Cheers pal.

I thought you played well and you certainly have some players who are very comfortable on the ball and who can move, twist, turn and probe (sounds like an endoscopy team :unsure:) but other than a period about half way through the second half I never felt that Crewe were going to create any real danger.

I was very pleased to see your no 11 go off - he was quite a tricky chap.

Still nice to see Crewe playing footie the "proper way" so a big :thumbsup:.

Now then - good game overall I thought. Two differing styles - Crewe playing the ball about at times and not allowing us to have a go, us workman-like but then we also had periods of good passing and attacking play. Crewe's weakness is their defence.

All the team played well I thought. Special mention to players such as Tims and Lenny (great work rates), well done Pigott for the 2 goals (should have scored in the 1st half as well) and Worrall (always looked sparky).

My Man of the Match goes to Coker though - he just looked solid and classy all game ........... I think he may be the target of transfer activity come January if he carries on like this.

Another couple of points.

Pigott did well, put in a lot of effort and played a full role in the game but he is clearly still learning. There were times when he had the ball as we relieved the pressure and he still has to learn when to slow things down (so others can join him) and when to go on the attack ........... but you can't complain about 2 goals and 1 ball against the bar. Keeping Pigott on and taking off Mooney (who also played well) should add further to his confidence.

Deegan did well overall but there are still some "silly things" that just make you hold your breath every now and again.

Hunt came on, slipped over and then played a limited role ........... I would not be surprised to find he is on the physio bench again tomorrow morning. :sad:

Thanks mate and good luck :thumbsup:

i listened to the first half and some of the second. typically missed all 3 goals. sounded positive on the radio but...

was it a good result or a good 'performance'.

• did we just look good cos they were poor?
  • were they poor cos we were good and didn't let them play?
  • can we really push for a playoff place or are we realistically looking for survival?

What are we honestly expecting (no flights of fancy e.g. in four years time will win the treble) come the end of season?

Just back to Hockley despite division off the M6! Good all round team performance. Should have been leading from first minute. Piggot had a great chance in first half but kept trying and got his rewards with two well taken goals in second half.
As always Crewe pass and pass the about. Lots of youngsters but the did like to fall over too much.

good response from players and PB to the away fans at end of the game.

Just back to Hockley despite diversion off the M6! Good all round team performance. Should have been leading within the first minute a good chance for Mooney. Piggot had a great chance in first half which hit the bar but kept trying and got his rewards with two well taken goals in second half.
As always Crewe pass and pass the ball about. Very rarely hoof it. Lots of youngsters but they did like to fall over too much.

Good response from players and PB to the away fans at end of the game.

Now corrected, it's bloody late and off to bed !

Back