• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Paul Blakeman

Just to say a quick thank you for a great game on Sunday. Despite living in Paris, I made the trip over for the game and I felt you guys gave us a real go. I always knew it wouldn't be easy despite the gap in league places. Also it was a clear foul on Mohsni for our 2nd goal and, although I feel Crewe ran out deserved winners, that was a game changer.

Just found this great match report from a Southend fan, worth checking it out - http://www.ignitethenite.co.uk/a-tale-of-two-cities-work-with-me-here/

Good luck in your late surge for the playoffs!

Have to agree with you both - the consensus on here is that Crewe deserved it - We have a couple of what ifs to talk about for us but at the end of the day the best team won.
Good luck to you & maybe we can get ourselves up next year.

Fair play to you and thanks for stopping by. Despite a mild dislike for Crewe (due to being our nemesis this past two seasons) I think a lot of Blues fans wish our club was like yours, hopefully one day our youth system will mean we can enjoy seeing graduates in our first team, at least for a couple of seasons before they get taken by bigger boys. I hope one day we can have that sort of youth system.

Crewe played some good stuff and deservedly won. I thought we should have at least got one goal though.

I live in dept 36 Paul and im going to Paris in a week or so for a stroll around,wasnt you i saw at stansted was it sunday night.
Thought the Crewe fans sang their little northern hearts out,great day out for us but congrats to you.

Erm, call me Mr Suspicious-Pants, but that rather Crewe-biased report from a 'Southend fan' Paul gave us a link to seems a bit suspect to me, particularly as the photo's accompanying it were obviously taken from the Crewe section of the crowd!

Even the reference to his 'even more beloved Arsenal' sounds like a lightly veiled dig of the type we often have to put up with from those who think most of our fans really support bigger London clubs.

Yes, I smell a rather large northern rat!!

But anyway Paul, I agree you deserved the win overall, but what did you drug the ref with beforehand? or did you get photos of him in an uncompromising position with a bevy of dusky ladyboys?

I know Alex and he is indeed a Shrimper, albeit via Arsenal. (I believe his cousing is Rob Hyams, currently waiting to hear whether he will be awarded a professional contract next season). I understand he had hospitality on the day, hence the photos appearing to be in the Crewe End.

Back