• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
On Saturday we have Andy Woolmer from Northampton. He is a very short referee with even shorter hair and, as shorter officials sometimes do, he has the capacity to be slightly officious. Okay, not slightly but very officious; picky and pedantic spring to mind too. He is in his 7th year as a League referee and pays his 7th visit to Roots Hall, the previous 6 producing three wins, two draws and a defeat. His most recent visit was last season's 2-2 draw with Carlisle (all goals in the first half hour) when he harshly sent off Barrett. Prior to that it was the League Cup tie at home to Cheltenham when he booked 2 from each side. Previously it was the dead game at the end of the season against Port Vale a couple of years back and, in the same season, Millwall at home. I have no particular recollections of that game other than how bad Millwall were.

His first visit however is somewhat more memorable as it was the Boston match when he sent off Darryl and heralded the appearance of Tes the Cat (...... his name is Tes the Cat, he plays for Montserrat).

His 9 matches this season have produced 19 yellows and two reds - strangely he has had either 1 or less cards in each game or five or more. Which way will Saturday go? As it's Crewe maybe the low card count?

Assisting will be first year lino from Dartford, Darren Blunden (no blunder jokes please) and Neil Hair from Peterborough. John Hopkins of Southend Sunday morning refereeing fame stands by with the numbers board.

Bad match up for us IMO.

Against Crewe I'd want a ref who'd let the game flow as much as possible as we are likely to be the more physical side.

On Saturday we have Andy Woolmer from Northampton. He is a very short referee with even shorter hair and, as shorter officials sometimes do, he has the capacity to be slightly officious. Okay, not slightly but very officious; picky and pedantic spring to mind too.
His first visit however is somewhat more memorable as it was the Boston match when he sent off Darryl

Thank god Moshni is suspended, otherwise with this guys pedigree it would happen on saturday!.

Short ref

The club should invest in a minimum height board, like the ones they have at theme parks.

OI! SHORTA*SE!! STOP!!!!!!!
You must be at least this tall
to officiate at Roots Hall

Absolutely awful ref (although that is no excuse. Southend wouldn't have won today if Collina was reffing).

Lost control in the second half especially.

Definite case of Little Man's Syndrome.

Whilst I feel his performance had no real effect on the result in my opinion it was a truly awful performance with several poor and mystifying decision
Also gave more bounce ups than you normally see in a match as he then may be struggled to make a decision at all.:thumbdown:

Can one of you officianados on the art of refereeing explain to me exactly what he gone wrong today. He applied the Laws as they should be, maybe its because very few people understand how and where to restart from a drop ball or that when a player in blue shirt makes a foul in the box it is a penalty or that when players go down clutching their heads the game should be stopped.

I know ref baiting is a fun thing to do, and if you have a gripe it was because at times he was over fussy, but all in all, he was exactly what I'd expect from a League Two standard referee.

Diabolical, he may have aplied the rules, but how many bounce ups can he have in one game, and inmost cases he did not know where they should have been taken from. He stopped play when notrequired, just trying to make a name for himself, he did ****!!!

He was an awful ref, really bad performance, only performance that was worst than his, was Southend's.

Back