• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricket Clubs - Southend Side of the Weir

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
Which local cricket club would you recommend joining in the 'Southend' area?

I'm looking for a competitive club heading in the upwards direction to play some 1st team cricket (ideally).

Depends if you prefer 45 overs (Mid Essex). Or the higher standard Shepherd and Neame, which is time and overs, which takes longer and involves more travelling. Southend and Old Southendian both have teams in each league (Lower teams in the Mid Essex) other clubs play in one or the other.

Which club are you currently with?

Which local cricket club would you recommend joining in the 'Southend' area?

I'm looking for a competitive club heading in the upwards direction to play some 1st team cricket (ideally).

Alas, that rules out Essex CCC on two counts.

Depends if you prefer 45 overs (Mid Essex). Or the higher standard Shepherd and Neame, which is time and overs, which takes longer and involves more travelling. Southend and Old Southendian both have teams in each league (Lower teams in the Mid Essex) other clubs play in one or the other.

Which club are you currently with?

It has to be the SNEL whilst I can still compete at 1s level. I know all the clubs pretty well around the area through playing adult cricket for over 15 years. Just wondering if anyone on here belongs to any of the clubs locally and has a view?

I know which leagues each of the clubs are in but wonder if anyone has an insight on the culture at the clubs?

southend4ever said:
It has to be the SNEL whilst I can still compete at 1s level. I know all the clubs pretty well around the area through playing adult cricket for over 15 years. Just wondering if anyone on here belongs to any of the clubs locally and has a view?

I know which leagues each of the clubs are in but wonder if anyone has an insight on the culture at the clubs?
Tricky one. I'd rule out Leigh and Westcliff straightaway, due to the overlapping boundaries.

Hadleigh's nice enough, but the straight boundaries are very short.

Which leaves OS and SOSETM (and whatever other letters they've added since yesterday), Southchurch Park's OK to play at...

I have a real soft spot for Hadleigh and Thundersley, worth giving them a shout.

Old Southendian. New home ground at Garon Park (Essex's former festival ground and home of the Essex youth sides) you would be hard pressed to find a better set up with more to come.

Let me know and I can put you in touch with the right people.

Quite like the look of Hadleigh or Leigh. Have played against both lots over the years. I know the first team captains at both clubs. Ooo er. Personal preference!

You're about three months too late....

However, if you ever feel like joining a Chelmsford based club in Division 7 of the MEL, then drop me a line.....Be more than happy to accommodate :smile:

You're about three months too late....

However, if you ever feel like joining a Chelmsford based club in Division 7 of the MEL, then drop me a line.....Be more than happy to accommodate :smile:

He would be better off at Rayleigh....six league teams in the MEL, firsts just promoted to the premier division. Quite a few regular shrimpers amongst the members.

Playing for my occasional Sunday side this week against.........Leyton Orient supporters

He would be better off at Rayleigh....six league teams in the MEL, firsts just promoted to the premier division. Quite a few regular shrimpers amongst the members.

Playing for my occasional Sunday side this week against.........Leyton Orient supporters

I dont charge my players any membership fees :winking:

Sometimes money talks..... Was only a tongue in cheek remark anyway, seems like he needs to play at a higher level...

I dont charge my players any membership fees :winking:

Sometimes money talks..... Was only a tongue in cheek remark anyway, seems like he needs to play at a higher level...[/QUOTE]

Yes I realised that, so I never put our name forward earlier.

However, with plenty of RH regulars we do offer the chance of a moan about the team all summer.

Haha, brilliant! Made me chuckle! I like to laugh at my teammates and moan about football. Sounds perfect! Heads or Tails? :smiles:

For what its worth your best bet is at Southchurch (and Garons) as both are sociable clubs. A few Old Boys can be found in the Spread before a game, if you ever need an introduction.

Poor fella, he's already supporting SUFC with one mad chairman.He doesn't need another.

Seriously, if it's got to be SNEL, then definitely the Southchurch Park options.

Have a contact at Southend Cricket Club if you need an introduction.

Back