• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricket World Cup 2019

First India knocked out
Think the squad has picked it self, Archer being a name that excites me and if Josh B finds his eye early it could be exciting days for England

Looking at the Kiwis as my outside bet and really outside bet Afghanistan (Their progress has been amazing in such a short space of time)

Would like to have seen Porter in the squad, but then I am very biased on him as a player
Great call, I hope you put some money on.

I have just seen the hour highlights and what a performance!
If it was a boxing fight the ref would have stepped in and stopped it, SO powerful.

The so-claimed ‘World’s best team’ look utter pants. Over-hyped and not for the first time.

Just one selection of some of the good judges on here from 2-3 weeks ago. Respect the 4 years of form a little bit more next time.

England deservedly in the final after comprehensively beating the other 3 semi finalists in a row. Let's hope we can finish the job off on Sunday.

Just one selection of some of the good judges on here from 2-3 weeks ago. Respect the 4 years of form a little bit more next time.

England deservedly in the final after comprehensively beating the other 3 semi finalists in a row. Let's hope we can finish the job off on Sunday.

Spot on, a good few were writing off a team that has been head and shoulders above the rest for the last 4 years. I think some people have the mentality that it is win/win, if England fail they were right, if England win then great!

I have been putting my weekly skybet £5 free bet on England to win the world cup for a few months now, couple of hundred quid coming my way if we beat the Kiwis.

Took a day holiday yesterday, one of the best decisions I've ever made

Spot on, a good few were writing off a team that has been head and shoulders above the rest for the last 4 years. I think some people have the mentality that it is win/win, if England fail they were right, if England win then great!

I have been putting my weekly skybet £5 free bet on England to win the world cup for a few months now, couple of hundred quid coming my way if we beat the Kiwis.

Lovely stuff. I managed to spoof a day working from home. Didn't get much done!

Are we talking the one-day stuff or in all formats of the game?
ODIs. This is the World Cup 2019 thread.

Lovely stuff. I managed to spoof a day working from home. Didn't get much done!
Bad planning meant I had a two hour meeting/workshop in London. Having established that none of the meeting participants were cricket fans, the only option was Sky Go on my mobile resting hidden against my laptop screen for my eyes only. Was particularly difficult to focus when Roy smashed the cheat for three consecutive sixes!!

I can't watch the final. My son is playing in his cricket semi final in the morning and either a final or 3rd place match in the afternoon.

The final is also live on C4 for those without Sky. I'll be returning from a visit to mum so it'll be radio until I get home late afternoon. I would like to see some action but if we've won it by then I shan't be too upset.

Come on NZ, am I the only Englishman who has bet on them ??
Depends which Kiwi side turns up to whether they make a game of it
English batsman outshine NZ , but overall bowling I believe is Kiwis best chance of getting a surprise win Sunday or maybe Duckworth Lewis after 20 overs I’ll take ?

Come on NZ, am I the only Englishman who has bet on them ??
Depends which Kiwi side turns up to whether they make a game of it
English batsman outshine NZ , but overall bowling I believe is Kiwis best chance of getting a surprise win Sunday or maybe Duckworth Lewis after 20 overs I’ll take ?
Behave yourself. A bet's a bet, but once it comes down to a game between England and your bet, the bet simply becomes a consolation should we lose. It's not the prize!

Take yourself outside and have a word with yourself man!

I was working with someone who has no interest in cricket. He wanted to finish the job yesterday, so I had a phone call for an urgent domestic issue.

I left him with some instructions and I finished the rest today, to save any arguments.

Great start and when Smith was run out in that fashion it was always going to be our day.

Lots of debates about how to bat for that total v Aus.....Roy and Bairstow got it exactly right. No need to go for it as some suggested after 10 over 50/0 it was game over.

Even when Root came in and the convicts still had very slim chance it was nice of Stark to give him 3 boundaries to remove any doubt.

Dont think,hope not,...that anybody (British) wanted us not to win the cup,but looking at our past and you should,it did look "IFFY".
Still one game to play,lets not get "OTT",that will be our downfall if we do.
If anybody can muck it up and we have certificates for this,we can.
I would have put money,if i had some,on the Aussies...but we done it and how, dont think anybody thought we would be that good.
PLEASE...dont let this be another 1992

Back