• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricket World Cup 2019

That swung so many times! Amazing. No script could ever be believed if it had a plot that finished like that after 8 hours play.

At one point I could not see them getting the runs, they certainly proved me wrong and I couldn't be more glad that they did. Congrats to both sides, but especially to England for actually winning the game.

At one point I could not see them getting the runs, they certainly proved me wrong and I couldn't be more glad that they did. Congrats to both sides, but especially to England for actually winning the game.

A bid of luck in the last over with the ball hitting Stokes bat and going out for 4 extra runs clinched the draw

wow, what a game. I said it would be close but I couldn't ever imagine it would be that close! My heart is still going. wow. perfect game for tension, the most tense game I could imagine

2871.jpg

I'm actually emotionally drained after that. I honestly believe that nothing in sport will ever top that for me ????????

What an amazing game of twists and turns I seemed to change from being confident to cursing several times throughout the long day.

It was game of such fine margins with a few bits of luck going England's way so I do feel sympathy for NZ that said it was great way to win.

Well done to England and New Zealand to make that one of the best, of not the best, World Cup Final I have ever watched.

The game could have been one by either side, and to finish even (just) at the end and have a "Super Over" (who had ever heard of that?) was absolutely nail biting and thrilling at the same time, so many twists and turns. I think all the supporters of other teams at Lord's and all the neutrals watching that game on TV also though it was an exciting game.

Oh and a special mention and thank you to Channel 4 and Sky for making this classic game available to everyone.

Wow! That was incredible!

Big up to the Kiwi team, they were superb, we got slightly lucky, but Joss Butler and Stokesy were immense!

A great day to be English :-)

Enjoy that people. You will not see World Cup Cricket final drama like it ever again. The last hour and a half was incredible. The run rate needed for England was going up and up. They needed a miracle, they got one. Let's face it, New Zealand were cursed. That fluke six. I've never seen that happen before, I didn't even realise it counts as a six until the commentator said. Then the super over, brilliant from our batsmen. First 5 balls from Archer(including 1st ball wide). I'm thinking how did they let Archer bowl and not go for experience? Phew, he came through big time the last 2 balls. Stokes was Super Human, absolutely incredible. Absolutely genuinely knackered, but dug so deep and kept going. He never gave up. Just brilliant. Cricket can never be better than that.

Last edited:
Well done to England and New Zealand to make that one of the best, of not the best, World Cup Final I have ever watched.

The game could have been one by either side, and to finish even (just) at the end and have a "Super Over" (who had ever heard of that?) was absolutely nail biting and thrilling at the same time, so many twists and turns. I think all the supporters of other teams at Lord's and all the neutrals watching that game on TV also though it was an exciting game.

Oh and a special mention and thank you to Channel 4 and Sky for making this classic game available to everyone.

I was rather annoyed to find that C4 News at 19.30 was delayed (and eventually switched to More 4) but glad I stayed to watch the last hour or so of the cricket.First game I've seen for over 40 years. :Thumbs up:

Back