• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricket World Cup 2019

worst cricket fans in the world are the English,worst sporting team as in personelle and behaviour the English

worst cricket fans in the world are the English,worst sporting team as in personelle and behaviour the English
I have only been to 3 test matches at Lords, and so my knowledge may be considered limited, however on each test NOTHING was amiss, respectful to other fans and also the outfield players.Certainly no hint of ball tampering or outrageous sledging from the players.
If you have had a poor experience that is a shame, personally I won't attend England football games as I have had unpleasant experiences and witnessed shameful acts from a minority of persons there: but then again I have seen a few poor moments from a very few of our own "supporters".
Enjoy the win and the occasion.

So the 6 runs awarded for the overthrows after it hit Stokes bat should've only been 5 according to the laws of the game. Massive oversight by the umpires there. The sporting gods were really looking down on England yesterday!

Think there is some trolling going on here, I wouldn't claim that England are the best fans in the world because I don't think our country has the passion for the game that other countries have, India being the obvious candidates. I actually enjoy going to England games, I went to the pre tournament warm up v Afghanistan and the World game group game against West indies and the fans were great, so were the Afghan fans and West Indian fans, plenty of friendly banter and a good atmosphere amongst the fans all mixed in together. When I lived in Oz I went to the Perth test of the ashes at the WACA and attended the Barmy Army parties at the Lucky Shag bar. Everyone having great fun without a hint of trouble. I love cricket fans in general of all nations.
Wouldn't dream of following the football team and wouldn't argue of someone was claiming our football fans were the worst.

Think there is some trolling going on here, I wouldn't claim that England are the best fans in the world because I don't think our country has the passion for the game that other countries have, India being the obvious candidates. I actually enjoy going to England games, I went to the pre tournament warm up v Afghanistan and the World game group game against West indies and the fans were great, so were the Afghan fans and West Indian fans, plenty of friendly banter and a good atmosphere amongst the fans all mixed in together. When I lived in Oz I went to the Perth test of the ashes at the WACA and attended the Barmy Army parties at the Lucky Shag bar. Everyone having great fun without a hint of trouble. I love cricket fans in general of all nations.
Wouldn't dream of following the football team and wouldn't argue of someone was claiming our football fans were the worst.

Is that the bar right on the Swan river. I was there in 2006

So the 6 runs awarded for the overthrows after it hit Stokes bat should've only been 5 according to the laws of the game. Massive oversight by the umpires there. The sporting gods were really looking down on England yesterday!
Why do you say that?

I thought they ran 2, and then a further 4 were added from the overthrow that went to the boundary.

According to Law 19.8, pertaining to "Overthrow or wilful act of fielder”:

"If the boundary results from an overthrow or from the wilful act of a fielder, the runs scored shall be any runs for penalties awarded to either side, and the allowance for the boundary, and the runs completed by the batsmen, together with the run in progress if they had already crossed at the instant of the throw or act."

The wording of the law is slightly arbitrary, leading to various interpretations. Essentially, there are doubts on whether 'crossed at instant of throw' is applicable only for 'run in progress'. In this case, when Guptill threw the ball, both the batsmen were in the process of completing two and had done that when the ball eventually went for a boundary.

Yes it is!

I had a good few nights in there, singing along to all the Brit pop favourites.

One pleasant surprise was meeting some of the local ladies who had taken an attraction to the barmy army.

Our street cred went up even further when some of Western Australia's finest turned up in their pick up trucks to goad a fight with the poms. A few hundred Brits laughing and mooning at them was bit to much and off they slinked to the sounds of 'Cheerio' etc.

They may have won the Ashes but we won the hearts and minds.

Why do you say that?

I thought they ran 2, and then a further 4 were added from the overthrow that went to the boundary.
When there are overthrows the runs the batsman physically ran only should count if they have crossed at the point in which the fielder throws the ball... Rashid and Stokes had not crossed, they wasn't even close.

When there are overthrows the runs the batsman physically ran only should count if they have crossed at the point in which the fielder throws the ball... Rashid and Stokes had not crossed, they wasn't even close.
Ah I see thanks, I did not realise that, I am just glad the umpires also got it wrong then for the right reasons.

I guess attention will turn to the ashes soon, Watching this world cup has made me savour the thought of Jofra bowling bouncers at these Aussies. For so many years we have been roughed up by the Aussie quicks and seeing the balls Archer has bowled this world cup make me think he will scare the life out of the Aussie batsmen.

Yeah everybody got it so wrong that nobody has bothered to bring it up.

I stand corrected, surprise surprise the BBC are making a issue out of it.
Grrr. Looks like we have to play another super over. Stokes will be really p****ed.

And I don’t mean angry. I mean he’s absolutely ****ing bladdered right now!

The "throw or act" refers to what caused the overthrow. The overthrow was caused by a non deliberate act by the batsman, not the throw from the fielder, and at that time the batsman had crossed. The correct amount of runs, 4 plus the two runs were given.

Some people have also mentioned that the first ball in the super over didn't appear to be a wide either.

Back