• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ended up as 273 ao with 2 balls to go, Pakistan 17/1 afetr 3 overs.

Glad we gave Bopara a run-out instead of that uselss **** Wright

Another failure for Strauss and another nothing score from Bell that took up too many balls.

Useful knocks for Capey, Bops and Colly all at a decent enough rate. Good to see three key players get some runs and time in the middle under their belt.

Let's hope Colly can push on.

Prior chipped in with a breazy knock at the end, in a role that seems to suit him better.

Broad has 3 wickets now....the rest seems to have done him good!

Prior chipped in with a breazy knock at the end, in a role that seems to suit him better.

Broad has 3 wickets now....the rest seems to have done him good!

It does as he gets another 5fer as England win by 67 runs.

Swann for Yardy and I think this will be the XI we'll stsrt the competition with.

Mwahahaha Ponting is run out again.

Apparently he not only holds the record for most run-outs in tests (14), but that he's also second amongst convicts in ODIs with 30, behind only Mark Waugh:Worthy:

Australia seem to be morphing into pre-Saint Duncan England. Not only is their selection all over the place and prone to bias (NSW get favoured like Yorks did under Illy, Lancs did under Bumble and maybe even Essex under Keith Fletcher) but they also can't score off spin.

Mwahahaha Ponting is run out again.

Apparently he not only holds the record for most run-outs in tests (14), but that he's also second amongst convicts in ODIs with 30, behind only Mark Waugh:Worthy:

Australia seem to be morphing into pre-Saint Duncan England. Not only is their selection all over the place and prone to bias (NSW get favoured like Yorks did under Illy, Lancs did under Bumble and maybe even Essex under Keith Fletcher) but they also can't score off spin.

That uncertain and poor standard at the basics (running between the wickets, fielding etc) is also a trait from the England team of the 90's. Still think Australia would beat us though!

I really hope Zimbabwe can keep up the pressure, or at least get off to a flyer in their innings as this World Cup needs a decent game.....the matches (mismatches) so far have been dire and Im struggling to be interested until the quarter final stage....

That uncertain and poor standard at the basics (running between the wickets, fielding etc) is also a trait from the England team of the 90's. Still think Australia would beat us though!

I really hope Zimbabwe can keep up the pressure, or at least get off to a flyer in their innings as this World Cup needs a decent game.....the matches (mismatches) so far have been dire and Im struggling to be interested until the quarter final stage....

Good point about the fielding. Mind you this is an Australian team that thrashed us 6-1!

I haven't seen so much as a ball of this World Cup and am only following it on cricinfo:sad:

To be fair to Ponting (only a little bit mind) that was a stonking runout!

Why would you want to be that:smile:

The dangerous Cameron White (I think he changed his name by deed-poll) now out. I think the Convicts probably have enough runs, but I'm hoping for some Elton Chigumbura magic.

Good point about the fielding. Mind you this is an Australian team that thrashed us 6-1!

I haven't seen so much as a ball of this World Cup and am only following it on cricinfo:sad:

Why would you want to be that:smile:

The dangerous Cameron White (I think he changed his name by deed-poll) now out. I think the Convicts probably have enough runs, but I'm hoping for some Elton Chigumbura magic.

I saw a little bit of India's game on saturday morning as Sehwag is always good value (especially when he leaves Tendulkar stranded), but once the result was beyond doubt (about an hour into the game!) it wasn't worth viewing. Only saw the scores for the other games but the minnows didnt put up much of a fight so didnt miss much! Higlights are being shown on Terrestial, albeit quite late.,

Im following this one on cricinfo too......seems to be runinng slow / behind a little though?

I agree with you, I watched a bit of India & Bangladesh on Saturday, and while India piled up 370, they also conceded 280, I don't think their four bowler strategy will hold them in good stead. I'd also forgotten how average India are in the field. Sri Lanka and possibly the Saffers seem to have the best bowling sides.

I agree with you, I watched a bit of India & Bangladesh on Saturday, and while India piled up 370, they also conceded 280, I don't think their four bowler strategy will hold them in good stead. I'd also forgotten how average India are in the field. Sri Lanka and possibly the Saffers seem to have the best bowling sides.

I think England and Australia have both got better bowling attacks than Sri Lanka (which is a large part why those two met in the 20:20 finals). Murali's merely decent rather than a world beater these days and most teams have got use to facing Mendis. Malinga's a fine death bowler, but the rest of the attack is pretty ordinary.

The Convicts might be erratic but they have the potential with Tait, Lee and Johnson to blow away sides. Watson is probably the best batting all-rounder (ie 5th bowler) with the ball about at the moment. If the quicks can get teams on the back foot by taking wickets, then Krezja and all their part-time spinners can choke opponents. The main thing that is holding them back is the lack of a spinner, but the same applies to South Africa, although they've been hiding their secret weapon, Imran Tahir, who may or may not be a factor in international cricket.

As for England, we've arguably the best limited overs bowler in the world in Broad. Anderson will swing it and Bresnan is developing into a pretty decent 3rd seamer (although technically he opens the bowling, he's our 3rd best and he matches up well against most other countries' 3rd seamer). Swann was being called the best spinner in the world not so long ago. I also think Colly is one of the best pace off the ball bowlers around these days. I'm not sure the batting will necessarily be competitive, but I think that bowling attack will be.

A good summing up of the convict attack, Tait needs to learn from Brett Lee, he may be able to bowl close to 100mph, but IMO he's not that good, and more importantly he's not that intelligent.

I've not really seen him but I'm told that Perera (spelling!) looks a good bowler and they've also got Mathews.

A good summing up of the convict attack, Tait needs to learn from Brett Lee, he may be able to bowl close to 100mph, but IMO he's not that good, and more importantly he's not that intelligent.

I've not really seen him but I'm told that Perera (spelling!) looks a good bowler and they've also got Mathews.

I think Mathews is a good cricketer who makes things happen, but his bowling isn't all that. In tests he's got 6 wickets at 70. I think Colly is probably a better ODI bowler with his canny variations.

Haven't seen Perera.

Kulsakera (sp?) and Herath have done fairly well for them, Kulsakara even being rated no.1 ODI bowler in the world at one stage, but I don't see them causing international batsmen sleepless nights.

Anyone fancy a suprise today?! The WC always brings a shock or two and there hasn't been one yet ... who knows! Tendo run a ball at the moment and looking in great form. With his batting and bowling, he'd probably get in our side at the moment!

Anyone fancy a suprise today?! The WC always brings a shock or two and there hasn't been one yet ... who knows! Tendo run a ball at the moment and looking in great form. With his batting and bowling, he'd probably get in our side at the moment!

RtD is statistically the greatest ever ODI player. He'd walk into an all-time XI.

RTD taking the **** at the moment.

Sure fire bet for 3 figures, the way he is going.

With 8 overs to go. Looks like we will be chasing 250+

A good knock from the Dutch.

Currently 213-4.

RTD on 87...

Last edited:
Anyone else having trouble following on cricinfo and it not updating?

I think for the first time ever when England are playing I want a member of the opposition team to get a century......

De Grooth goes for 28.

Cleaned up by Broad.

234-5 now.

RTD makes his century..103.

RTD hits a single, but a complete **** up from England, results in a boundary from an overthrow as well!

Last edited:
Anyone else having trouble following on cricinfo and it not updating?

I think for the first time ever when England are playing I want a member of the opposition team to get a century......

Try Ctrl and F5.

Must admit I'm cheering RtD on here, 98*.

Don't know why his county colleague wasn't given a chance to bowl at him.

WTF 5 runs for his century:unsure:

Hats off RTD. As n11 says, I don't think I've ever been pleased to see someone score a ton against England.

Back