• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricketers Wanted

superblue24

Director
Good Morning All,

Just been hit by news that a very good number three of ours is likely to be under the knife this summer, and what with two other batsmen moving on due to young families, it has left me utterly decimated for batsmen....

I run a local Chelmsford based club and looking to recruit players in and around the area. We play our home games at Beaulieu Park and have several friendly matches throughout April before the season starts in May.

If you are interested in joining a friendly committed club competing in Division 10 of the TRippon league, let me know and I'll try and get you over to play in a friendly game as soon as this weekend.

Thanks for your time.

Greg

When you next speak to Jamie, their 1st team opening bowler, can you tell him that Pegasus & Corringhams skipper still maintains he didn't edge that one at the end of last season. I nearly had my dignified reputation ruined by that cad!!!

Pegs are in the SNEL this year. Do you rate them? I know they have a few old boys who have got a lot of runs throughout their careers e.g. Benno.

Looking forward to playing over at their place. Love the embankment and the bar! :winking:

Pegs are in the SNEL this year. Do you rate them? I know they have a few old boys who have got a lot of runs throughout their careers e.g. Benno.

Looking forward to playing over at their place. Love the embankment and the bar! :winking:

I've played for P&C for over twenty years man and boy. Definitely one of the best Cricket settings in Essex. I think we'll take some time to settle into to the new league to be honest, we're going through a period where we have dozens of promising youngsters but an over the hill senior squad. Can't see any of our teams being promoted straight away.

I've played for P&C for over twenty years man and boy. Definitely one of the best Cricket settings in Essex. I think we'll take some time to settle into to the new league to be honest, we're going through a period where we have dozens of promising youngsters but an over the hill senior squad. Can't see any of our teams being promoted straight away.

Which side do you play in mate? Will you be at the clubhouse after games this year, if so I can have a lemonade with you! 25th August will do!

When you next speak to Jamie, their 1st team opening bowler, can you tell him that Pegasus & Corringhams skipper still maintains he didn't edge that one at the end of last season. I nearly had my dignified reputation ruined by that cad!!!

Or did you really nick it and stand your ground because you needed a win on the last day of the season to stay up??? and failed might i add

Last edited:
Another season has drawn to a close not a great one for Fairview, 1st team stayed up comfortably but never threatened promotion, 2nd team were awful won two leagues games all year and finished bottom of division 5, and the thirds stayed up on the last day sat by 3 points. Could do with finding two or three batsmen for next year, (straussy would be good lol) and a couple of bowlers.

On a more positive note i hit a career best 36* yesterday!

Back