• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Criminal to Criminologist

She came through very well last night, and the documentary asked some good questions on how the system works

She is at university, why would she have to take a CRB check

Sorry was an attempt at humour on my part (obvious fail there) & I thought the article said she was working somewhere - also probably wrong.
The said article should really say "From Criminal to Trainee Criminologist" to avoid confusion tbh.. (ps that is also an attempt at humour - albeit at about the same level as my previous attempt)

She came through very well last night, and the documentary asked some good questions on how the system works

She is at university, why would she have to take a CRB check

To protect herself as much as anything. I would hazard a guess that she's been supported in situations where a CRB might be necessary by a 3rd party as "chaperone". That is only a guess, though, I don't know at what point an ex-con becomes eligible for a CRB check pass.

Does a CRB check that shows that she has been in trouble with the police mean that she can't do certain jobs, or does the type of conviction make a difference? For example, would stealing mean she couldn't work with children in the same way as someone who has been convicted of sexual assault of children?

I've never been involved with CRB checks, so I don't know how they work.

Does a CRB check that shows that she has been in trouble with the police mean that she can't do certain jobs, or does the type of conviction make a difference? For example, would stealing mean she couldn't work with children in the same way as someone who has been convicted of sexual assault of children?

I've no idea, they've changed recently to a DBS anyway! This might help explain, I haven't got time to read it through right now http://www.safenetwork.org.uk/help_...ple/Pages/Disclosure-Barring-Service-DBS.aspx

There was also the old "list 99" check that people had to go through if volunteering.

If you work for an investment bank they will run a CRB check.

I am no arch criminal but an arrest and caution in my youth stoped me travelling to the US for training on the visa waiver programme and I had to apply for a work visa.

Americans have no sense of humour over these things as I discovered in front of a packed waiting room st the US embassy in London.....

Back