• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CRISIS in FRANCE regards migrants

davew

Coach
Hi all I am a member of 38 DEGREES and started a campaign regarding the CRISIS in FRANCE regards migrants trying to get into the UK illegally.

They rejected my campaign, can you believe it.

It shows what is wrong with this country and what a useless GOV we have got.

My campaign was not raciest and I did not blame the migrants, was blaming our weak government

Hi all I am a member of 38 DEGREES and started a campaign regarding the CRISIS in FRANCE regards migrants trying to get into the UK illegally.

They rejected my campaign, can you believe it.

It shows what is wrong with this country and what a useless GOV we have got.

My campaign was not raciest and I did not blame the migrants, was blaming our weak government

You might want to give some insight as to what you were campaigning for....what was your aim?

You might want to give some insight as to what you were campaigning for....what was your aim?

Its pretty obvious I tried to start a campaign for the UK public to try force the Gov stop/fix the CRISIS in Calais regarding migrants. I don't actually blame the migrants I blame the UK government for not sorting the the problem out.

My aim was to get loads of UK subjects to protest (every one I know is complaining about this)
to the UK Gov for doing so little,

hope this makes sense

Thank goodness for that, Im sure they didnt realise there was anything to deal with until you pointed it out.

Still no link to your campaign, did you highlight exactly what they should be doing to sort it?

Its pretty obvious I tried to start a campaign for the UK public to try force the Gov stop/fix the CRISIS in Calais regarding migrants. I don't actually blame the migrants I blame the UK government for not sorting the the problem out.

My aim was to get loads of UK subjects to protest (every one I know is complaining about this)

hope this makes sense

Perfectly....you want the UK government to sort out what's happening in France.

hope this makes sense

It'd help if you explained what the government is meant to do about it.

Like others I am a little confused as to what it is exactly you expect the Government to do.

Do you expect the government to know where all the traffickers are and arrest and lock them up?
Do you expect the Government to somehow miraculously stop those migrants from starting their land and sea voyages before reaching Calais?
Should this Government send troops into another sovereign states country and patrol the area immediately around Calais to stop them?
Have you stopped to think that just perhaps there isn't a short to medium term fix to this problem and the Government knows it?
Has it not occurred to you that France is an independent sovereign nation and might not want to be told how to do things in it's own country by the filthy British?

Once again you want people to sign another one of your crusades without you actually putting forward what it is and fully expect the Government to do.

Please enlighten us :thumbsup:

These migrants that want to enter the UK, why don't they settle in France, Germany, Spain etc etc?

I saw an interview the other day with a woman from somewhere like Serbia who wanted to come to the UK. She is a qualified doctor and is willing to work 7 days a week. Why can't she just live in France and work 7 days a week?

What makes the UK so special? Is it because we are a soft touch and give immigrants what they want? Genuine question, I would like to know what the appeal is compared to the likes of France, Spain. The weather in the UK isn't that good, can't really see the appeal, unless of course we are the only tolerant government in Europe

These migrants that want to enter the UK, why don't they settle in France, Germany, Spain etc etc?

I saw an interview the other day with a woman from somewhere like Serbia who wanted to come to the UK. She is a qualified doctor and is willing to work 7 days a week. Why can't she just live in France and work 7 days a week?

What makes the UK so special? Is it because we are a soft touch and give immigrants what they want? Genuine question, I would like to know what the appeal is compared to the likes of France, Spain. The weather in the UK isn't that good, can't really see the appeal, unless of course we are the only tolerant government in Europe

As was said on the other thread the majority of migrants do stay in mainland Europe, people are getting the wrong idea and thinking it's just us they are coming to because stories about migrants in France, Germany etc has nothing to do with us and so the English media doesn't report on it.

As was said on the other thread the majority of migrants do stay in mainland Europe, people are getting the wrong idea and thinking it's just us they are coming to because stories about migrants in France, Germany etc has nothing to do with us and so the English media doesn't report on it.

Whether that be the truth or not, and I have no reason to doubt it, the problem remains the same. No matter how you want to cut it, we are but a small island with a finite amount of space and a social infrastructure that is creaking at the seams already. I appreciate that 'some' may be fleeing persecution and hardship in their own country but there are also a whole load more that are doing it purely for economic reasons.

And whether you like it or not as the years pass we as a nation are becoming less an less tolerant and trusting of others from outside of our borders and that will continue I fear.

I'm also a little perplexed when I hear that groups of migrants from Syria, Afganistan and Africa have paid these traffickers up to £1500.00 per person to get to Europe. Where in the hell did they get this kind of money in the first place?

the English language.

We happily go abroad and don't speak the native language, happy in the knowledge that many people abroad speak English. That's the same for many migrants.

Also, England is quite a multicultural (and tolerant) place. Immigrants generally feel welcome here, and so they should. They're a net contributor to the economy and many English people like living in a multicultural society.

They do settle in France and locally to me we have two doctors a dentist and a mass cant spell it but one of those ones that rub you and give happy endings.

Barna put a table up in one of these threads, what it shows us, is that not just the UK but the whole of Northern Europe is taking the brunt of immigration.

Why?... mainly I would suggest that our economies are stronger, our benefits are more generous and unlike some of the EU we haven't had communism in our recent past.

Additionally most of Northern Europe has a colonial history and perhaps there is an attraction by association in that.

There is no where like Serbia! wonderful place BUT bonkers people; it is in Europe BUT not an EU country; hence she can't come. It wants to join EU but fails to meet entry criteria.
The appeal is simple stuff - many know a little english language, many know folks/family from earlier waves of migrants to the UK; AND be proud - the UK has an international reputation for rule of law, safety in society and work/life prospects.

So no contribution from Dave who started the petition. Obviously something he isnt overly passionate about :smile:

Back