• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CRISIS in FRANCE regards migrants

The story is in the Express and The Sun and apparently been posted up by far right groups in France.

The Sun includes this : A Calais police spokesman has rubbished Ms Hericourt’s claims however calling them “absolute fabrication”.

So who knows how much value what she has written really has?

Well I wouldn't expect left wing papers to publish her story, as it doesn't suit a pro immigration agenda.

Additionally there was supposed to be a news black out.

There are plenty of anti immigrant videos on various outlets which I view with total disdain (britain first etc), this particular video was different, in as much that there was a much bigger story connected to the one told by Ms Hericourt.

We have also seen on our main TV channels, documentaries where the migrants have attacked, harassed and intimidated truck drivers etc.

There are also lots of reports of criminality within the camps, is it really such a stretch of anyone's imagination that these migrants who perform criminal acts, don't do it in Calais itself?

Well I wouldn't expect left wing papers to publish her story, as it doesn't suit a pro immigration agenda.

Additionally there was supposed to be a news black out.

There are plenty of anti immigrant videos on various outlets which I view with total disdain (britain first etc), this particular video was different, in as much that there was a much bigger story connected to the one told by Ms Hericourt.

We have also seen on our main TV channels, documentaries where the migrants have attacked, harassed and intimidated truck drivers etc.

There are also lots of reports of criminality within the camps, is it really such a stretch of anyone's imagination that these migrants who perform criminal acts, don't do it in Calais itself?
Maybe the left wing press were put off by statements such as 'A Calais police spokesman has rubbished Ms Hericourt’s claims however calling them “absolute fabrication” '. Newspapers have thousands of stories to sift through and that quote from the authorities may have made them feel it wasn't worth the column inches. Flip side is why would The Sun run it and then have the claims rubbished two thirds into the report? The stuff about police no go zones and IS flags being flown made me wonder about the validity of the information in general before I even got to the police spokesman rejecting her claims.

If you have thousands of people living in squalor you will have criminality. I don't think anyone will deny that.

Maybe the left wing press were put off by statements such as 'A Calais police spokesman has rubbished Ms Hericourt’s claims however calling them “absolute fabrication” '. Newspapers have thousands of stories to sift through and that quote from the authorities may have made them feel it wasn't worth the column inches. Flip side is why would The Sun run it and then have the claims rubbished two thirds into the report? The stuff about police no go zones and IS flags being flown made me wonder about the validity of the information in general before I even got to the police spokesman rejecting her claims.

If you have thousands of people living in squalor you will have criminality. I don't think anyone will deny that.

We have had Isis flags at rallies here in the uk, why not France?

We saw on the attacks committed by migrants across Europe on NYE , that in many cases the news was suppressed deliberately for fear of fueling anti immigrant sentiment.

If you don't deny Criminality, then why should this story be so unbelievable?

We have had Isis flags at rallies here in the uk, why not France?

We saw on the attacks committed by migrants across Europe on NYE , that in many cases the news was suppressed deliberately for fear of fueling anti immigrant sentiment.

If you don't deny Criminality, then why should this story be so unbelievable?
Some **** may wave one at a rally but having it flying permanently? And if that is in the area she says is a police no go area (and the police say it isn't) then why is she wandering around there? And if she didn't see the flag then she is passing on information from who exactly?

This is what gets me, how people are willing to accept information as fact when it comes from someone they have no idea of who that person is or what their motives are. Some of that information sounds like it's not first hand and the police say it's not true so for me I'm not going to invest too much trust into it.

Some **** may wave one at a rally but having it flying permanently? And if that is in the area she says is a police no go area (and the police say it isn't) then why is she wandering around there? And if she didn't see the flag then she is passing on information from who exactly?

This is what gets me, how people are willing to accept information as fact when it comes from someone they have no idea of who that person is or what their motives are. Some of that information sounds like it's not first hand and the police say it's not true so for me I'm not going to invest too much trust into it.

Perhaps she lives there, and has no choice?

Would you accept the information, if it came from a reputable source?

The following is from Gilles Debove (taken from an article in the Telegraph dated September 14).

Gilles Debove, the Calais area delegate for the French police union, said tear gas was being used to stop "mass onslaughts" on vehicles about to cross the Channel.
"The other day, two to three hundred migrants tried to get into a lorry park and we fired tear gas to scatter them because there are too few of us to control situations like this any other way," he said.

"We're also facing an increase in crimes by migrants who mug people, steal mobile phones and carry out sexual assaults."

Unquote

Mr Debove is also leading a campaign to have more police deployed to the area, as they are unable to cope with migrant crime.

He also states that a lack of interpreters means that often Migrants are arrested, then immediately released due to the lack of this particular resource.

I can provide further information from other sources that back up Simone Hericourt's claims if you wish, or you can believe what you read in the Sun.

Last edited:
Perhaps she lives there?

Would you accept the information, if it came from a reputable source?
She doesn't live in the refugee camp and that is where she says the flag is. She also says it's a no go zone, so she wouldn't go to the no go, so she can't have seen it. And the police say she is making things up. I'm not saying she is lying but some of it sounds improbable and the police say she is lying so I'm sorry to the French lady of whom none of us know anything but I'm not going to pay too much attention to her statement.

Info from reputable sources are always more convincing, of course.

She doesn't live in the refugee camp and that is where she says the flag is. She also says it's a no go zone, so she wouldn't go to the no go, so she can't have seen it. And the police say she is making things up. I'm not saying she is lying but some of it sounds improbable and the police say she is lying so I'm sorry to the French lady of whom none of us know anything but I'm not going to pay too much attention to her statement.
Info from reputable sources are always more convincing, of course.[/QUOTE]

And so on the one hand you state that Police are a reputable source but when presented with evidence from them that is contrary to what you have read in the sun, you still choose not believe it despite it corroborating much of what Simone Hericourt has said?

Last edited:
Info from reputable sources are always more convincing, of course.[/QUOTE]

And so on the one hand you state that Police are a reputable source but when presented with evidence from them that is contrary to what you have read in the sun, you still choose not believe it despite it corroborating much of what Simone Hericourt has said?
Sorry I don't know what this means.

She says one thing and the French police say the opposite. So I don't know who is telling fibs, and none of us know, that is all my thoughts on it really.

Sorry I don't know what this means.

She says one thing and the French police say the opposite. So I don't know who is telling fibs, and none of us know, that is all my thoughts on it really.

We have seen the French police fail to arrest migrants vandalising cars and lorries,trespassing on port land not a problem,causing massive tailbacks not a problem,firms losing many millions not a problem,setting up illegal camps not a problem,no passport not a problem.

What must the migrants need to do to be arrested.

I quoted the police spokesman who said what she was saying was wrong. It was a quote in the Sun, I copied and pasted so I didn't say anything other than what was written there.

And I copied and pasted a quote from the Telegraph, stating that much of what she said was true.
The guy who made the quote is from the French police, he states the same problems as Simone Hericourt.
You were very clear that you preferred to believe what was written the Sun.

Jude Law goes walkabout in the jungle camp !

Jude demands every child must be allowed entry into England,hmmm this luvvie has plenty of cash and France offers very cheap property prices so I suggest Law and his actor buddies buy massive mansions in France then the kiddies can be fed and clothed in grand luxury at the expense of the actor brigade.

And I copied and pasted a quote from the Telegraph, stating that much of what she said was true.
The guy who made the quote is from the French police, he states the same problems as Simone Hericourt.
You were very clear that you preferred to believe what was written the Sun.
No, I just don't read ALL of the Tory press to compare their takes on a statement from one French woman who no one has heard of before. If different members of the police are saying different things then who knows who is right? Not you or I that's for sure

No, I just don't read ALL of the Tory press to compare their takes on a statement from one French woman who no one has heard of before. If different members of the police are saying different things then who knows who is right? Not you or I that's for sure

However you were quite happy to believe what was written in the Sun, and made your decision not to believe Mme Hericourt based on that, you then went further by saying you could not understand why others would choose to believe her, despite having no knowledge whatsoever of why they would....perhaps not everyone gets their information from The Sun?

http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-fr...0250-quand-les-migrants-chargent-la-police-a-

However you were quite happy to believe what was written in the Sun, and made your decision not to believe Mme Hericourt based on that, you then went further by saying you could not understand why others would choose to believe her, despite having no knowledge whatsoever of why they would....perhaps not everyone gets their information from The Sun?

http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-fr...0250-quand-les-migrants-chargent-la-police-a-
No I didn't - I said we were being conflicting info from different strangers so not to put any great value on any of it as we don't know who's is true

No I didn't - I said we were being conflicting info from different strangers so not to put any great value on any of it as we don't know who's is true

This is what you said.

Back