• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CRISIS in FRANCE regards migrants

No, I just don't read ALL of the Tory press to compare their takes on a statement from one French woman who no one has heard of before. If different members of the police are saying different things then who knows who is right? Not you or I that's for sure

As we know from that dead child on the beach story last year lets not trust our media blindly and you are right to question this women's claims.

However you are naïve if you think the French police are every going to patrol the 'jungle'. They want pictures of migrants storming the tunnel and stories of Brits attacked in queues etc. It helps with their funding from Britain. This is not a new problem I remember some years back the Mayor of Calais blaming our benefits system for creating the crisis.

After me and her ladyship had to cancel a trip to France in September because of the migrants storming the tunnel. I went on my own and on the way back decided to have a good look around the Sangatte area. Of course I took the same precautions one would at Longleat Safari Park......Wind the windows up and don't feed the locals and I was not bothered by anyone in the slightest. However if I had of broke down I doubt anyone would have come to my rescue as there were certainly no signs of any police.

You are saying don't believe what it says in the Sun.
I'm saying don't believe was it says in any of them as they are giving conflicting information.
Everyone else is wishing we would both shut up on this. I agree with them.

You have completely lost me now AAS, I quoted what you said which was you believed the Police as you had read it in the Sun (It's there in Black and White) over Simone Hericourt.

You are now saying something completely different, which is fine.:smile:

The problem with the jungle has got so bad that we have decided to move more south to be nearer buma,a lesser of two evils.

Just seen on the news that 2 people have been stabbed to death at Marseille train station. isn't that that the 7th attack in France in less than 2 years?

Just seen on the news that 2 people have been stabbed to death at Marseille train station. isn't that that the 7th attack in France in less than 2 years?

Was it a terrorist attack though?

(reason I'm asking is my wife is due to go to Marseille by train in a week or so to take care of an elderly relative after a hip operation).

There are two things at play here. The easy one first.

ISIS claim responsibility for everything. Anytime a nutter rams people with a lorry, cuts someone's throat or blows themselves up they claim it is one of their "soldiers". This is only to keep them in the public and ensure they stay in the news. So just because ISIS says they are behind something, its not necessarily so. There is, in fact, a very good argument why the press shouldn't call any attack "terrorist" nor attribute something to "ISIS". It might just stop people thinking its a good idea to blow themselves up and innocent people with them. Just call them what they really are... "fu*kwits" or however that translates into mediaspeak.

As for terrorists not being white. It is very easy (and somewhat lazy) to shout terrorist when a non-white acts like a fu*kwit. Yet when we see white killers, and lets take Anders Breivik as an example, he wasn't called a terrorist at the time. He was a lone wolf. Or simply a Nazi (which he was). Its only recently he is correctly attributed a terrorist. Dylan Roof, not a terrorist, apparently, despite his murders being racially motivated. No he is a "mass murderer" or "white supremacist".

Yes, its only words, but words are powerful. You don't see hoards of people marching down streets demanding whites take responsibility for the actions of other whites or entire swathes of white culture being demonised by the press.

Food for thought?

white terrorists not being called a terrorist is a clear example of white privilege.

There are two things at play here. The easy one first.

ISIS claim responsibility for everything. Anytime a nutter rams people with a lorry, cuts someone's throat or blows themselves up they claim it is one of their "soldiers". This is only to keep them in the public and ensure they stay in the news. So just because ISIS says they are behind something, its not necessarily so. There is, in fact, a very good argument why the press shouldn't call any attack "terrorist" nor attribute something to "ISIS". It might just stop people thinking its a good idea to blow themselves up and innocent people with them. Just call them what they really are... "fu*kwits" or however that translates into mediaspeak.

As for terrorists not being white. It is very easy (and somewhat lazy) to shout terrorist when a non-white acts like a fu*kwit. Yet when we see white killers, and lets take Anders Breivik as an example, he wasn't called a terrorist at the time. He was a lone wolf. Or simply a Nazi (which he was). Its only recently he is correctly attributed a terrorist. Dylan Roof, not a terrorist, apparently, despite his murders being racially motivated. No he is a "mass murderer" or "white supremacist".

Yes, its only words, but words are powerful. You don't see hoards of people marching down streets demanding whites take responsibility for the actions of other whites or entire swathes of white culture being demonised by the press.

Food for thought?

So you're in agreement with Donald Trump then who wanted such people referred to as "losers"
and I see plenty of white people condemning the actions of other white people who commit acts of terror, admittedly not "hoards marching" but then and perhaps you could remind me, when did anyone last see "hoards" or muslims take to the streets condemning acts of terror from other muslims?

So you're in agreement with Donald Trump then who wanted such people referred to as "losers"
and I see plenty of white people condemning the actions of other white people who commit acts of terror, admittedly not "hoards marching" but then and perhaps you could remind me, when did anyone last see "hoards" or muslims take to the streets condemning acts of terror from other muslims?
the last time was Sunday

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-...slam-peaceful-demonstrators-a7980476.html?amp

Back