• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"Crisis? What Crisis?"

Rob Noxious

Retro Supremo⭐
I just wondered if anyone might care to join me in a little levity - to chuckle in the face of adversity whilst we contemplate the current difficulties faced by our beloved club. I thought it might be time to play a tune or two. Now I'd like to propose this ... if you were a DJ, what song would you play and who for amongst all the characters involved in our financial predicament ? There's bound to be a few 'Ron done me wrong' songs, but I'd like to kick off proceedings with this little number from Canvey's finest for Registrar Derrett ...

Dr. Feelgood - 'She's A Wind Up'

:)

... anymore for anymore ?

I Bought the Farm - Captain Tractor

Wind it Up - Gwen Stafani

Give Me Just a Little More Time - Chairman of the Board

:whistling:

Last edited:
I fought the law - the clash

gotta pick a pocket or 2? - the jewish fella out of Oliver

Well played, pop-pickers! This one's for the forgotten geezers out there, the builders who've been doing all sorts of other jobs to make ends meet until Ron's glorious day. I give you an old song from Thin Lizzy ... 'Things Ain't Working Out Down On The Farm.'

Talking of Ron, I guess like me he's had this Clash tune spinning around in his head over the last few months ... I give you ... 'Lost In The Supermarket.'

Hey, but until Sainsbury's can get there, I guess we should play another Clash song for 'Pizzaman'... I give you ... 'Should I Stay Or Should I Go.'

I'm still reeling over Brushy's departure on this 'week of all weeks' in our club's history. So this one's thinking of him in Ron's Oval Office on Monday ... I've got ESB to thank for putting me onto this hipster, and if there is a protest this Saturday, how about employing Jay Z's clever little gesture to this song (as utilised to great effect by The President of the USA in his campaign of 2008) ... I give you ... 'Dirt On My Shoulder.'

Green Day - Wake me up when September ends

Green Day - I predict a Riot

Muse - Apocolypse Now

You 'SPIN' me right round,

or something currently charting

Glee Cast - Don't Stop believing

Ke$ha - Blah Blah Blah

and one for the stikers at the moment

JLS - One Shot

Last edited:
How about something off Billy Braggs "Talking with the Taxman about Poetry "
especially The tracks of my Tears(on the bonus CD) or even Wishing the days away on the original album possibly even The Clashing of Ideologies(alternative version) :'(

Last edited:
Help-The Beatles
Bad Moon Rising-Creedence Clearwater Revival
Can't get no satisfaction-Stones
Suicide is Painless-Theme from MASH.

I'll stop for now I'm showing my age.

Derek & The Dominoes - Bell Bottom Blues

The Streets - What Is He Thinking?

Gnarls Barkley - Crazy or (the kooks version)

John Mayer - Clarity

Jason Mraz - A Beautiful Mess

Fleetwood Mac - Big Love

U2 - Beautiful Day

Sea Sea Sea Siders!

To be played in that order!

Back