• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Croatia vs England

Pubey

so the hype begins.. this is a huge game and we can't afford to lose it IMO,

starting lineup?

james

brown
terry
woodgate/rio (if fit)
a cole

theo
barry
bullard (sorry lamps but you couldn't even dictate the play against andorra)
j cole

rooney
heskey

Words cannot express how pi$$ed off I am that it is on Setanta. I fail to see how making us sign up for Sky and Setanta (an Irish channel FFS!) can possibly be better for the consumer. In fact, I have signed up for their web service and the ruddy thing doesn't work on my Mac on any of my PCs at home and even after contacting their support service they've done **** all to help me.

Personally, I think there should be an obligation to at least allow the highlights to be shown on terrestrial TV so that everyone can follow the national team, even if club football has to be so inaccessible to the Sky/Sh!tanta-less masses. :madman:

As for the match, after Saturday I can only predict a disappointing 2-1 defeat :(

Watch on a stream?

Justintv are brillant for it.

I want to see this team

Green

Brown Ferdz Terry Cole

Walcott Barry J Cole

Lampard
Defoe .

Would have played Cole behide Defoe but I dont think Downing would do to well and A Young isnt there on the left flank.

But cabbage man will proably pick this Side

James

Brown Terry Lescott Cole

Beckham Lampard Barry J cole

Rooney Defoe.

so the hype begins.. this is a huge game and we can't afford to lose it IMO,

starting lineup?

james

brown
terry
woodgate/rio (if fit)
a cole

theo
barry
bullard (sorry lamps but you couldn't even dictate the play against andorra)
j cole

rooney
heskey

Woodgate isn't in the squad. However that would be the team I would pick except Bullard. I don't think giving a player who has never even played in Europe his debut in a game as big as this isn't a good idea. The same as I didnt think playing Carson last year was a good idea.

i know some are not in the squad or injured, but this would be my long term team
playing 1-3-1-2-1-3

james

ferdinand terry woodgate

hargreaves

gerrard lampard

rooney

abonglahor defoe young

Oops

Green

Johson Terry Ferd Cole

Walcott Barry Owen H J Cole

Lampard
Defoe.

Play 2 def mids away from home.

But i would not like Lampard in Starting XI all togethler.

James
Johnson Terry Ferdinand Cole

Young Gerrard Hargreaves J Cole

Rooney Agbonlahor

n510471377_923473_4915.jpg

For me, it has to be experience first so -

James

Brown Terry Ferdinand Cole

Becks Lampard Hargreaves Cole

Rooney Heskey

with hargreaves dropping infront of the back four as necessary and Lampard getting supporting Heskey as necessary. I would definately be playing a few long balls up towards Heskey. He is very underrated and causes defenders all sorts of problems which should open up space for Rooney to exploit

Last edited:
For me, it has to be experience first so -

James

Brown Terry Ferdinand Cole

Becks Gerrard Hargreaves Cole

Rooney Heskey

with hargreaves dropping infront of the back four as necessary and Gerrard getting supporting Heskey as necessary. I would definately be playing a few long balls up towards Heskey. He is very underrated and causes defenders all sorts of problems which should open up space for Rooney to exploit

See above!

Gerrard is injured so isn't in the squad which means we have that waste of space Lampard in midfield!

Back