• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Crowd funding to save Southend?

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
How about a social media campaign to save Southend by purchasing a iFollow ticket to a match?

We'd need to get 100,000 football fans to purchase a ticket and they'd get to watch a live match so there's something in it for them as well. It seems to me like the type of thing that could catch on quickly - never before has one of these types of fundraisers for football clubs been able to offer something in return to such a wide audience for such a small contribution as a tenner.

Next Saturday's game is a 1pm kick-off meaning it doesn't clash with most other teams games so is a prime game to target but it could be a ticket to any of our games before the end of October.

We'd need someone social media savvy to run the campaign and get celebrity retweets etc and a good slogan e.g. #aGameToSaveSouthend - but I'm sure others could come up with better.

I wouldn't trust Ron with the money.

Although I bought a season ticket. So what do I know..

It beats just complaining online I guess! Do we know how and when the Club benefits from the ifollow payment?

Be better off starting again. We've missed the boat trying to change the ownership now. Should of happened years ago.

have other clubs tried this before? mixed responses and results.

apart from paying the debt, what else could or would we demand?

It beats just complaining online I guess! Do we know how and when the Club benefits from the ifollow payment?

This would be good to know. If Southend only get a small fraction of the £10, then other options could be better.

Don't forget we have ex-players who have media presence, such as Stan Collymore, and fans who also work in media, such as Iain Macintosh.

How about a social media campaign to save Southend by purchasing a iFollow ticket to a match?

We'd need to get 100,000 football fans to purchase a ticket and they'd get to watch a live match so there's something in it for them as well. It seems to me like the type of thing that could catch on quickly - never before has one of these types of fundraisers for football clubs been able to offer something in return to such a wide audience for such a small contribution as a tenner.

Next Saturday's game is a 1pm kick-off meaning it doesn't clash with most other teams games so is a prime game to target but it could be a ticket to any of our games before the end of October.

We'd need someone social media savvy to run the campaign and get celebrity retweets etc and a good slogan e.g. #aGameToSaveSouthend - but I'm sure others could come up with better.

This is what we need proactive innovative ideas. We need to survive the next court date before any noise about Ron our etc.

Same here, I'm fed up putting money in Ron's pockets.

To suggest that Ron puts a single penny from the club into his pockets is just ludicrous.

Not hard to go look at companies house to show he has put £13million of his own money into the club.

Do we know for sure that all of that £10 goes to the club or does a chunk go to the EFL?

To suggest that Ron puts a single penny from the club into his pockets is just ludicrous.

Not hard to go look at companies house to show he has put £13million of his own money into the club.

That wasn't what was suggested.

The money owned to his other other companies?

What is needed is Ron to wipe off any debt owed to his companies and put the club up for sale for £1 with other debts included. Then a buyer is found quick. That's the only way i can see it surviving.

He has well and truly destroyed our football club.

I really like the idea though. No football fans want to see a club go under. I would buy a ticket for Col Ewe if necessary. No point having rivals if you can’t play them, it’s what makes football so exciting.

If a social media campaign was set up and retweeted by Stan Collymore, Alison Moyet, Terry Alderton etc. it could reach a pretty big audience.

70% of Ifollow revenue goes to the club, (according to their blurb), but wont this go to Carlisle as the home side?

I dont think away teams benefit, as people are paying their £10 instead of paying £20 to buy a ticket from the home side?

If new owners came in with proof of investment and ideas to take the club forward i'd happily chip in for an interim fighting fund. Under current ownership, not a chance in hell. I did my bit last week by purchasing season cards. That is looking like a huge mistake already.

I believe the revenue is shared 50:50 with the other club, after an iFollow fee.

have other clubs tried this before? mixed responses and results.

apart from paying the debt, what else could or would we demand?

I don't think other clubs have tried this when games can be streamed across the country.

What have we to lose, other than our club?

Back