• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Crowd Saturday

I'm the same Jai, 40 years + but this Saturday I am thinking do I want to go

Normally football comes second as enjoy meeting up with friends for a meal and drink then onto Roots Hall with them, but four of them have said they are skipping the game as cannot be bothered to sit in ancient seats and get cold, they will stay in the pub and watch SSN

Really 50-50 to go or stay, the club have my monies so nothing to them if I arrive or not, and just think if we go down within 10 mins the tuts become groans, that become moans and then verbal abuse at the team

Not sure I can be bothered

Like a crazy optimistic fool, I bought my train ticket today to get to the game.

And then on the way home my leg went - some kind of calf strain or something. I can only just about hobble around. Hoping it's better by Saturday.

On the plus side - getting older, injured - I feel like I'm a real Shrimper now. :Smile:
It turns out I actually had a small tear in my Achilles tendon.

But I've passed a late fitness test - it's recovering surprisingly well. I'm hobbling a little bit so I can't walk fast, but I'll be there. Setting off a little bit earlier than usual today so I can amble instead of striding.

You may turn out to be a lucky charm in which case we will need to you to attend every game for the rest of the season !

Haha was happy with the point. Would love to attend more but kids and the distance factor doesn’t allow.
Regarding the jinx I mentioned, it took me 21 games before I saw my first win back in the mid 90’s so I was more than happy with the score draw on Saturday as you can imagine!

Back