• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommytwoholes

Firstly when we played in the first division the average attendance for that league was about 12,000 and now its probably more like 20,000. The premier league has come on leaps and bounds in the past few years and as a result there is better football in the lesser leagues and bigger teams. There are alot of lower league players who maybe would have got a shot in the prem 5 years ago but wouldn't now. These are the players that are improving the crowds in the nationwide leagues. I think with the PR and the right team we could and should get between 6-8000 for every match. If we were to ever get back in the first division theres no way we would average 6000. We would be looking at 8-11000 every game with a few sell outs. The new stadium is must. Darlo apart a new stadium generates alot of interest and im sure that in itself would bump the gate 2000 to a 7000 average. I think if tilly and brushy get the job then season tickets will break the 2000 mark and that would be very good. I am going to by my first if they get the job, so come on Ron do the right thing for a change

I still think we might struggle to get decent crowds.

Tuesday night we play one of the top teams in the division and have been on a fantastic run since the LDV final and only about 3500 shrimpers turn up. If Hull hadn't have brought so many we would have been looking at a very small attendance.

It seems the floating punter was more interested in the Monaco - Chelsea match instead.

we had over 4,000 home fans. And we arent playing for anything and chelski was on tv and we have a game saturday.Saturdays attendance will be 5-6,000 no worries

Especially if they bring the 1400 that they predict!!
biggrin.gif

Well i dorve to docklands at 6.30 this morning and i am leaving at 2. I have a 21st birthday to go to with lots of attractive young women and high strength brew. I am dreading it:p

Well i drove to docklands at 6.30 this morning and i am leaving at 2. I have a 21st birthday to go to with lots of attractive young women and high strength brew. I am dreading it.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ April 23 2004,09:03)]I think with the PR and the right team we could and should get between 6-8000 for every match
I think with the right team we could get 67,000 every week, its just a shame the 'right team' would be Man Utd.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 23 2004,10:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ April 23 2004,09:03)]I think with the PR and the right team we could and should get between 6-8000 for every match
I think with the right team we could get 67,000 every week, its just a shame the 'right team' would be Man Utd.
not sure at the moment, the right team is probably Arsenal!

According to the official figures Hull only had 1200 (it looked more), so there were 4100 home fans.

Post Cardiff the home fanbase has been over 4000 every game whereas our total average was less than that for the rest of the season.

I think if the Hull game had been on Saturday the crowd would of been closer to 6500

I am expecting a similar amount on Saturday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trust Treasurer Bloke @ April 23 2004,10:34)]According to the official figures Hull only had 1200 (it looked more), so there were 4100 home fans.

Post Cardiff the home fanbase has been over 4000 every game whereas our total average was less than that for the rest of the season.

I think if the Hull game had been on Saturday the crowd would of been closer to 6500

I am expecting a similar amount on Saturday.
Yeah, the team are playing well, the gates have been higher of late, Yeovil need the win and will bring a few of their own, the weather is going to be good too. I also expect a good crowd and a good atmosphere tomorrow.

I can't remember the last time I got excited about a (league) footy game this early on a Friday. Things really are looking good.
biggrin.gif

Yeovil I expecting to bring at least 1,000 probably closer to 1,500!

Hi all,

Looking forward to the game tomorrow and we should be bring a few up with us ( approx 1000 ). As you are aware we need the 3pts so if you want to give if your first team want to go out on the lash tonight that’s ok by me:D .

Here is to a good game and what should be a good atmosphere and a bit of friendly banter.

You're a bit unlucky mate to be fair. We've hit a quality bit of form lately and it will be a tough game for your lads, as Hull found out. Even though, it appears we have nothing to play for, I feel Tilson really wants to better Webb's points tally/position from a few years ago.

That said, if it's as entertaining as the Hull game, the Sc**thorpe gameor the Darlo game (2-2,4-2 and 3-2 resepctively), we'll have a good time!

I know apart from Huddersfield, Lincoln and Northampton you must be the next form team and we couldn't wish for a worse time to play you......but hey we need to look at it as a cup game and we like them :-) .

Still all the best and I hope you do not take offence but I hope we don't have to play you next season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 23 2004,15:55)]Still all the best and I hope you do not take offence but I hope we don't have to play you next season.
Only played you once and you've got that bad an impression.  If I remember rightly, we 'let' you spank us as well.  Biggest defeat for us of the season (more speculation)!

Oh yeah, and if you make it in to a cup game, we done alright in them this year!

I don't think we have much chance of us repeating that scoreline. With our dip in form (ok with have scr*pped our way through 2 wins on the trot for only the second time this year) and you great form at present I would normally be happy with a point but with games against Hull and Lincoln to come I think we will need more than that.

Should be an entertaining afternoon ( thats done it 0-0 )

well this might just be your best chance of beating us, we may well field an under strength side 2moz to give the fringe players a run out!. Still think we will tonk you though!.

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Back