• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hi all. Haven't been on SZ for 2 years and reached out to a friend earlier asking about crypto and he drew my attention to this page. I wondered if I can ask you fellow Shrimpers a few questions.

I've decided to throw a few quid at Crypto. Ridiculous I know given I don't know much about it but it's money I'm accepting I may lose and isn't a fortune. Here's my questions

I signed up to Crypto.com. Good move? Bad move? I didn't sign up to Coinbase because I wanted to buy XRP and I know you can't buy that on there whilst the lawsuit is going on.

I transferred £100 this morning to test it before transferring any more using bank transfer as I was told using a debit card incurs a fee. So far it hasn't shown up in my account. Am I being impatient or should it have gone in by now?

Should I get some kind of storage wallet? Ledger S? Ledger X? Or for the amount I'm investing (£1k) is it not worth it? Crypto.com's blurb suggests stuff is pretty safe on there.

My strategy is
£500 on XRP and hope they win the lawsuit and prices rocket from currently £1 a coin to £10 a coin then cash out and reinvest when they drop
£250 on Bitcoin just because
£250 on ETH just because

Thoughts? Help! Advice?!

Hi all. Haven't been on SZ for 2 years and reached out to a friend earlier asking about crypto and he drew my attention to this page. I wondered if I can ask you fellow Shrimpers a few questions.

I've decided to throw a few quid at Crypto. Ridiculous I know given I don't know much about it but it's money I'm accepting I may lose and isn't a fortune. Here's my questions

I signed up to Crypto.com. Good move? Bad move? I didn't sign up to Coinbase because I wanted to buy XRP and I know you can't buy that on there whilst the lawsuit is going on.

I transferred £100 this morning to test it before transferring any more using bank transfer as I was told using a debit card incurs a fee. So far it hasn't shown up in my account. Am I being impatient or should it have gone in by now?

Should I get some kind of storage wallet? Ledger S? Ledger X? Or for the amount I'm investing (£1k) is it not worth it? Crypto.com's blurb suggests stuff is pretty safe on there.

My strategy is
£500 on XRP and hope they win the lawsuit and prices rocket from currently £1 a coin to £10 a coin then cash out and reinvest when they drop
£250 on ETH just because

Thoughts? Help! Advice?!
Stay clear of anything Elon Musk endorses. As soon as he gets bored with it, it bombs.

My strategy is
£250 on ETH just because

Thoughts? Help! Advice?!
Never heard of crypto.com so couldn't comment I'm afraid. Binance is good and they do XRP.
Probably a good time to buy bitcoin on the dip, think eth has had a dip as well, think the XRP case will go their way as far too much money has gone in which I doubt would have been invested if the case was in the balance, I'd guess a slap on the wrist.
There is plenty of resource on the Internet for you to do your own research, I quite like raoul pal and Glen goodman for realistic crypto talk. There is a hell of a lot of "to the moon" and unrealistic price predictions and ramping so never take anything on face value. With what you have gone with I'd expect you to make money, I certainly don't think what you have gone with is high risk.

I would also say I think XRP winning the court case is already priced in mostly, the consensus from sensible people in the space seems to be that you will see a bounce but not a massive one, if you look at the rise in the last couple of months I think that backs up that opinion. XRP needs news on its collaborations with banks (ie santander) for the price to go to the next level. It is quite possible that could happen after the court case is behind them.

Last edited:
Never heard of crypto.com so couldn't comment I'm afraid. Binance is good and they do XRP.
Probably a good time to buy bitcoin on the dip, think eth has had a dip as well, think the XRP case will go their way as far too much money has gone in which I doubt would have been invested if the case was in the balance, I'd guess a slap on the wrist.
There is plenty of resource on the Internet for you to do your own research, I quite like raoul pal and Glen goodman for realistic crypto talk. There is a hell of a lot of "to the moon" and unrealistic price predictions and ramping so never take anything on face value. With what you have gone with I'd expect you to make money, I certainly don't think what you have gone with is high risk.

I would also say I think XRP winning the court case is already priced in mostly, the consensus from sensible people in the space seems to be that you will see a bounce but not a massive one, if you look at the rise in the last couple of months I think that backs up that opinion. XRP needs news on its collaborations with banks (ie santander) for the price to go to the next level. It is quite possible that could happen after the court case is behind them.
I thought Crypto.com was one of the big players along with Binance. Which is concerning that you haven't heard of them

My brother told me he's buying a house. Didn't realise it was £500k and a cash purchase based on his crypto investments (that he seeded using a £30k inheritance).

Crazy scenes.

Not a good week for those in Bitcoin (Unless you got in really early in the journey and are still up)

Absolutely brutal, not just crypto but the stock market too. I actually sold my bitcoin a month ago but I have a lot of money in a bitcoin miner (better for tax reasons), that has taken a real pounding! It is just some of my profit I have lost though. I wonder if this is the end of the bull market and we will go back into a bear market or if it is a correction in this current bull market. The charts say different things depending on how you interpret them. I think the fact bitcoin has fallen behind the 200 day MA is a bit of a red flag though.

Last edited:
Load up on dogecoin - thank me later
Doge is too risky for me. It was literally set up as a joke and has been carried by Elon Musk. Don't get me wrong Elon is an impressive guy and if anyone can carry a currency forward it is him, you are ignoring the fundamentals though and the fact there are a lot of cryptos that are technically better. It wouldn't surprise me if Doge does brilliantly but if I am going to have money in something I need to have confidence otherwise it will take years off my life every time it dips!

My brother told me he's buying a house. Didn't realise it was £500k and a cash purchase based on his crypto investments (that he seeded using a £30k inheritance).

Crazy scenes.

Wonderful story! I'd hate to imagine what the capital gains was like on that though

I see capitalism is alive and well on SZ.Boo.Hiss. :Winking:

Bitcoin actually offers financial freedom to many with corrupt governments who print money for fun. It is no coincidence that it is so popular in Africa when you have hyper inflation on the scale of Zimbabwe and South Sudan. A lot of people work hard for little money, at the very least that money should not be diluted and made worth less by mass QE.

Capitalism, yes. But Satoshi's vision when creating bitcoin was to wrestle power from the central banks and give it to the people. For a currency that is 10 years old and born of the financial crisis, Satoshi (he/her or they) has done an amazing job. A digital asset that is accessible to everyone and an alternative to holding fiat currency and being at the mercy of corrupt governments.

Back