• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wow, so many boasts about starting trouble and ending up in court. You are real role models and must be very proud of yourselves.

As far as I can recall we played Brentford twice in 1967 at Griffin Park the first encounter was 21/1/67 in a 1-1 draw goalscorer was Colin Flatt attendance was over 10,000 this was due to a protest against Brenford moving to groundshare with Q.P.R.(some things never change). We also played them on 26/12/67 at Griffin Park winning by 2-1 both goals scored by Mike Beesley. 4 days later in the return match Phil Chisnall scored in a 1-0 win.
Welcome Ozzie regards Nobbler

Ah the memories come flooding back. The game at Brentford you mention 21/1/67, a 1-1 draw in what was my first away game. I think this was the game we had just signed a lad named Steve Ingle and despite the song about Ingle scores, Ingle scores, Ingle scores again ( to the tune jingle bells), he didnt, but I was well happy with a point at the time.

Boy does this make me feel old:cricko:

Give over, that was the way back then. Crowds were different, the police were different.

How did I know you were going to disagree with me yet again? Yawn. As it was years ago it makes it ok does it? No form of violence has and never will be ok

I am saying that kids will read these posts and think it's cool to be involved in fighting again.

Give over, that was the way back then. Crowds were different, the police were different.

How did I know you were going to disagree with me yet again? Yawn. As it was years ago it makes it ok does it? No form of violence has and never will be ok

I am saying that kids will read these posts and think it's cool to be involved in fighting again.

OBL's right.Things have changed.Some of the guys who've contributed to this thread were well respected Southend faces back in the late 60's.These days kids would probably just see them as old men reminiscing.

OBL's right.Things have changed.Some of the guys who've contributed to this thread were well respected Southend faces back in the late 60's.These days kids would probably just see them as old men reminiscing.

And that makes the thuggery ok does it? Very strange ideology that as you are a 'face'' it entitles you to beat the living daylights out of someone.

And that makes the thuggery ok does it? Very strange ideology that as you are a 'face'' it entitles you to beat the living daylights out of someone.

DWB, you're really becoming a pompous, sanctimonious old fart! I can't believe you're younger than me!

Were you there in the 60s? No, you weren't, so you can't possibly appreciate the reasons behind what went on. It wasn't just football, look at the Bank Holiday rucks at Brighton, Southend and elsewhere.

Thank God the world has changed for the better in that respect, but you can't apply a modern day viewpoint on football "violence" that happened almost half a century ago, that's just totally ridiculous.

As Barna says, and I'm delighted to say he's absolutely right on this occasion, the faces of the 60s and also the 70s, are now the older generation amongst the support. They have their memories and why should they not freely discuss them here without your criticising them for something that happened then?! I have a feeling, if he were still here, that my dear friend Harry might disagree with you on this too.

DWB, you're really becoming a pompous, sanctimonious old fart! I can't believe you're younger than me!

Were you there in the 60s? No, you weren't, so you can't possibly appreciate the reasons behind what went on. It wasn't just football, look at the Bank Holiday rucks at Brighton, Southend and elsewhere.

Thank God the world has changed for the better in that respect, but you can't apply a modern day viewpoint on football "violence" that happened almost half a century ago, that's just totally ridiculous.

As Barna says, and I'm delighted to say he's absolutely right on this occasion, the faces of the 60s and also the 70s, are now the older generation amongst the support. They have their memories and why should they not freely discuss them here without your criticising them for something that happened then?! I have a feeling, if he were still here, that my dear friend Harry might disagree with you on this too.

Violence can NEVER be condoned.

It's called history. Are you saying we should all be holocaust deniers because it was a horrendous thing for one lot of humans inflicted it on another.

Football violence was part of life in earlier times ---- if you don't like or agree with it please remember nobody makes you post on the thread.

It's called history. Are you saying we should all be holocaust deniers because it was a horrendous thing for one lot of humans inflicted it on another.

Football violence was part of life in earlier times ---- if you don't like or agree with it please remember nobody makes you post on the thread.

me and leasky going on the open end tuesday...............its called history:Scared2:

How many Ozzies were there
I met one at Harrys funeral
One 'Rayleigh Ozzie? Passed away years ago I was told and now this one?
I am confused
hope you got my last post?that should answer questions.sent you a letter,pushed a button to send,and nowt happened.

Ozzie! I remember the Bricklayers Arms at Brentford. I believe a piece of furniture from the outside found its way inside!

Back