• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cup Round 3

MrB

Life President
Looking comfy on a TIE, nice to be able to bat a total for once!

End of Over 25: 161-2, runrate=6.44, reqrunrate=8.16 (364-5)
Mushtaq 3-0-15-0
Walton* 53 (54 balls)
Warner 25 (32 balls)

Last Wicket: Grant c. Curtis b. Mccoy 70 (FOW: 103/2)

End of Over 32: 158-3, runrate=4.94, reqrunrate=6.06 (266-10)
Manning 6-0-43-0
Davenport* 65 (82 balls)
Piercy 68 (85 balls)

Last Wicket: Dalton b. Brittain 2 (FOW: 15/3)

Recovered by I dont think we have the depth in batting to win.

My star bowler took 6 wickets for 7 runs as I bowled them out for peanuts and knocked off the runs in about 5 overs for the loss of once wicket.

How pathetic...

40.6 W Nurse to Lever
   Wow! An absolute snorter from Nurse! Off stump cartwheels past Whittingham's ear! Lever is comprehensively bowled. Head held low, stumps destroyed.
40.5 W Nurse to Clark
   Hands like flypaper! That one really stuck.
40.4 W Nurse to Barton
   Slower ball hit straight back up the pitch to Nurse, easy catch
40.3 W Nurse to Davenport
   He's gone! A vicious rising bouncer just caught the shoulder of Davenport's bat and flew straight into the bucket-like hands of Bowen at third slip.

210-7 now, game over.

Think yourself lucky, I got rolled over for 48 and lost by 9 wickets
sad.gif

My match is creaking to an end....

End of Over 40: 235-3, runrate=5.88, reqrunrate=13.00 (364-5)
Sajjad 10-0-55-1
Warner* 59 (78 balls)
Blundell 8 (6 balls)

Last Wicket: Walton c. Curtis b. Sajjad 81 (FOW: 221/3)

Out of interest Muse, what's your batting like after No. 5?

Have listed one of my all-rounders for £250,000.

Tony Stapleton (51148)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with proficient leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For: Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 11,044
Wages: £1,405 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: competent Concentration: woeful
Bowling: respectable Consistency: respectable
Fielding: abysmal

Interesting player, not a good enough bowler/batter for Level IV or above but likely to be a bit expensive for new teams. Will be interested to see what he goes for.

We move on:

And that's the end of the match. ShrimperZone CC won by 50 runs.
ShrimperZone CC 364-5
Shoot the donkey 314-7

It was weak today, but my number 8 was feeble/mediocre. Dont expect to lose 7 for 1 run though.

I'm 1 or 2 batsmen short of getting anywhere further than the 3rd/4th round of the cup though. Got an 18 year old proficient bowler proficient batsman training though, he just doesnt play due to PFL.

I won!!! I played TIE easy as the team I was playing looked pretty good and I thought I'd lose so I wanted to save fitnees for the league. But I won!!

On my dusty pitch I struggled to get 183 all out from 48 overs. His spin rating was superb... He must have been on GFI.

Then I got him all out for 181 off of 43 overs! My superstar all rounder spinner took 7-33 off his 10 overs! Get in! With a handy 22000 crowd.

went out, and yet again, it was probably due to the fact that my lower order cannot wield a bat

Good start in our bid to improve our bowling:

Ghiasuddin Mushtaq - 18 yo, BT Rating=11,711
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
An attacking player with respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: abysmal Concentration: worthless
Bowling: strong Consistency: competent
Fielding: worthless

Back