• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cup Round 4

MrB

Life President
So who's still in?

My opponent was obviously very worried about playing me as he bought the following player yesterday:

Ian Campbell (2836690)
29 years, solid form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is calm and dishonest.
Has divine experience and passable leadership abilities.

Speciality: Technical

Also part of Team England!

Nationality: England
Total Skill Index (TSI): 382 610
Wage: 342 933 £/week
Owner: Fei Bo Bo
Warnings: 0
Injuries: Healthy

Matches for National team: 73
Matches for National U-20 team: 5
Career Goals: 224
Career Hattricks: 16
League goals this season: 2
Cup goals this season: 3

There go my chances!

BTW, can anyone see any point at all in buying a player who's wages will total over £1m in 3 weeks?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Oct. 04 2005,14:41)]BTW, can anyone see any point at all in buying a player who's wages will total over £1m in 3 weeks?
Depends. If you've got £20m coming in a week, you don't worry too much about someone on £380K a week...

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 04 2005,15:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Oct. 04 2005,14:41)]BTW, can anyone see any point at all in buying a player who's wages will total over £1m in 3 weeks?
Depends.  If you've got £20m coming in a week, you don't worry too much about someone on £380K a week...

laugh.gif
They're bottom in Level IV, their cashflow can't be too grand!

I'm not sure how big a difference it makes, but for international players, the national team pays a certain percentage of their wages when they play a game.

Having said that I don't think it makes that much difference. The guy I had in the U20 team got £250 deducted on the wages I had to pay him (which was about £1400). And this is only when he actually played a game.

Well we're 4-0 down and that chap has got two. Doesn't help that we've had two men sent off though!

Back