• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cup - Season 24

Gamble time. Gone PAN and gone attacking with the bowlers in the hope of taking advantage of their lack of fitness. No early breakthrough though so it may prove a mistake.

End of Over 4: 17-0, runrate=4.25
Gulzar 2-0-6-0
Love* 5 (7 balls)
Payne 12 (17 balls)

Anyone's game - I'm chuffed to restrict them to this but their bowling attack is tasty - I think they might have one token bowler - sadly I think I'll be in bed in 30 mins

End of Over 4: 14-1, runrate=3.50, reqrunrate=3.59 (178-10)
Riggott 2-0-9-0
Healy* 2 (2 balls)
Whittaker 9 (11 balls)

Phew!

And that's the end of the match. ShrimperZone CC won by 6 wickets.
Benaud 244-4
ShrimperZone CC 248-4

49.6 6 Baldwin to Graham
That's full and wide, smashed over mid off for six glorious runs. Baldwin shakes his head, what was he thinking.

49.5 4 Baldwin to Graham
"Death," Plato said, "is not the worst that can happen to men." Love would agree with that right now after letting the ball run tamely between his legs and down to the boundary. The chants directed at him from the crowd are unrepeatable.

Freshbrook Fire, #24 in England and riding high in the SZFL. Means I haven't played a team outside the top 300 in 7 rounds, must be the toughest cup run ever! Need to win as I have two home games the following week and a cup defeat would decimate my gate receipts and we're not getting full interest at the moment so touch and go on the finance front.

A cracker at the top of the draw, Los Galactico minus NTs vs Park Avenue. I like the fact that the top 5 draws contain 5 SZFL teams!

Right I've had a juggle. All rounder now opens bat only to rest a batsmen. 2 experienced bowlers open the attack with Blinkhorn 3 and 2 spinners. Weaker bowling than normal but FC and OD come first. Their PFL could be the factor that sees me into next round for the first time - no lose game for me

Mutual TIE agreed for me. Massive game, a win will mean a gate receipt bonanza this week.

Abysmal effort from my boys. Three players going on the list.

Great effort there ORM, next round not impossible either!

Just me left in from here?

If he plays full strength GFI I'm not fancying my chances. Unable to get an experienced bat in for this one. Blinkhorn left out but otherwise at full strength GFI. You never know, PFL isn't too shabby and I can rotate in FC before Fridays crucial OD

Valiant effort fell just 16 runs short. Not unhappy at all with that. Now I can concentrate on OD promotion and there's every chance of promotion to BTII though I doubt I'd win a game in it next season.

Unlucky ORM but a valiant effort, had you gone through you'd have drawn Brianstoke anyway! My oppo last week were bowled out for 76 yesterday so not too unhappy about going out when I did.

Back