• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cup - Season 24

Phew, needed 15 off the last over...

End of Over 49: 260-2, runrate=5.31, reqrunrate=15.00 (274-2)
Jenny 10-0-55-1
Oakley* 53 (62 balls)
Coskerie 27 (23 balls)

Last Wicket: Hann c. Rowlands b. Thay 117 (FOW: 199/2)

49.1 1 Pultrum to Oakley
Oakley advances, drives the ball firmly to long off and just jogs through for an easy single.
49.2 1 Pultrum to Coskerie
That's sweetly timed off the back foot to long on. That one didn't turn much.
49.3 1 Pultrum to Oakley
Swept firmly to deep square leg. There should have been two there, but no... even the umpire is chuckling at their inadequate running.
49.4 4 Pultrum to Coskerie
Nice use of the feet creates a half volley which races away for four through mid on.
49.5 4 Pultrum to Coskerie
Beautiful stroke, deftly backcutting it down past the slips to the vacant third man. That is top class.
49.6 4trum to Coskerie
Edged, but through the slip cordon for four. Pultrum doesn't look too impressed.

Franchise also beat a team ranked higher, so a good weekend overall!

Grrr, this morning I find that Wombles put their entire squad up for sale last night. But they all still play against me. Will be gutted to go out to a team selling up. Against my better judgement and despite all evidence saying it never works, I set my bowlers to attacking to try to get through their 5 man batting line up. Surprisingly it hasn't worked but we are restricting them.

End of Over 9: 35-0, runrate=3.89
Gulzar 5-0-22-0
Chambers* 15 (26 balls)
Mullen 19 (28 balls)

Well we made it through today and our reward? Another top of the list tie against another uber wagebill :stunned:

See you have top ranked cup game B. Yorky not too far behind and I'm up there too. Tough but winnable away game depending very much now on buying an experienced bowler in time for crucial OD game on Friday. PFL is shot to pieces. Depending on gate receipts and a win next Friday may then get another bowler to sustain double promo push.

Haha, BS are still going strong, and are now away to a BOT :smiles:

Mrs BB got through her game and is now away to a level V.

Haha, BS are still going strong, and are now away to a BOT :smiles:

Mrs BB got through her game and is now away to a level V.
I'd have thought they would have gone bot on Saturday? Surely they don't linger until you membership runs out?

I think they linger for 7 weeks from going bankrupt. Hope it's not until my membership runs out, as I think that's in May.

If you lose your team you will have to wait until it becomes a bot, after seven weeks, before you can apply for a new team.

Members please note: Battrick Membership does not protect you from bankruptcy. Should a Member go bankrupt and fail to bring their team out of debt before the time limit then their team will remain locked until it becomes a bot, as with any other user. Should this happen then you will lose your team like anyone else.

Yeah, having reread it it's definitely 7 weeks. Otherwise you could create a super team, buy it 5 years membership and leave it to rule everything!!

Haha, it's funny as you can't defend yourself! Not that there's much to defend :winking: It's like when Jack Bauer fakes his own death at the end of Season 4 of 24, I just hope nobody starts murdering the people that know you're actually still alive.....

What an idiot, in a game I expected to lose I get my oppo 4 down and then find I've set a worthless to bowl :nope:

End of Over 14: 65-4, runrate=4.64, reqrunrate=4.53 (227-3)
Gilligan 2-0-17-0
Tsoeu* 37 (38 balls)
Walmsley 16 (24 balls)
Last Wicket: Featherstone b. Gulzar 1 (FOW: 34/4)

Woot! Despite Gilligan going for 81 runs the other bowlers did their jobs and we eventually bowled them out (despite a 17yo on fatigued fitness somehow scoring 35 off 71 balls!!).

And that's the end of the match. ShrimperZone CC won by 23 runs.
ShrimperZone CC 227-3
Anything Goes 204-10

Batting first and won by 2 runs. Reward is an easy away game which is just as well because PFL is in bits. Now thinking about getting a WK to cover the main one so he can rest to the bot FC games

Ha ha they went from 180 for 3 and coasting to 225 for 9.

Bought a mediocre WK comp Bat. Good enough for a bot bash. Still in market for an experienced bowler for PFL but few in the market and I'm not paying over the odds for a second one

5 rested for bot bash 3 bowlers my all rounder and a batsman

Through again, another high ranked game again. Batty still rumbling on as well and have the top ranked game! Gambero, Southend and Vets still going as well.

Out a while ago in England, but franchise into last 16 over in Pap

Have confirmed with Sundays opps he will be playing full strength despite a few including gun up for sale. Not bankruptcy just replanning. Now seeing whether he will agree a mutual TiE. Failing an answer I am targeting an experienced bowler in TM and considering going GFI if I get him or PAN full strength if not.

Back