• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Beefy

Life President
Anyone seen this? Its the Larry David sit-com and its absolutely amazing. The funniest thing I've seen since Partridge.

I think you can pick each season up on Play.com for about 12 quid and its worth every penny. Highly recommended. Unless you're easily offended by the occasional bit of colourful language, that is.

Agreed.

I'm not a person who likes American comdeies like this, but the way he humiliates himself almost every week is pretty damn funny and certainly worth a watch.

Thirded.

It's not as good as Seinfeld but still absolutely hilarious.

I was also a big fan of the Larry Saunders show.

American comedies like these knock virtually anything the UK produces into a cocked hat.

Why they are only shown late at night on minority channels yet crap such as Friends gets prime time billing.

I suppose it says a lot about the people that watch them.

I've been working my way through it and season four is my favourite so far. I also like that moment at the end of season three where they employ the chef with tourettes at his new restaurant.

Apart from the odd film, I've always had a problem with US comedy (I mean Jesus, just look at what they did to The Office
mad.gif
) but the trailers for CYE have tempted me. Would it be more advisable to start with season one rather than dip in to whatever BBC4 are showing now?

US comedy
rock.gif

I would rather have my testicles pushed through a garlic crusher and then deep fried than sit through an hour of that sh!te.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Fitter @ June 30 2006,10:41)]US comedy
rock.gif

I would rather have my testicles pushed through a garlic crusher and then deep fried than sit through an hour of that sh!te.
Seinfeld, Frasier, CYE, The Simpsons, Cheers, Scrubs, all top drawer.

Of course, there are very many bad ones as well. (Two And A Half Men anyone? Nobody? Yes, thought as much)

But to tar all US sitcoms with same brush is nonsensical.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ June 30 2006,16:00)]Two And A Half Men anyone?
Probably the worst example of 'comedy' I've ever seen.
A truely deplorable piece of programming.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ June 30 2006,10:23)]Apart from the odd film, I've always had a problem with US comedy (I mean Jesus, just look at what they did to The Office
mad.gif
) but the trailers for CYE have tempted me. Would it be more advisable to start with season one rather than dip in to whatever BBC4 are showing now?
It doesn't really make too much difference. The first season throws you straight into the story without really introducing the characters too much so its not really going to matter when you start watching it. Its probably advisable to start at the beginning of a season as each season has an ongoing storyline, but you'll still appreciate it either way.

Seinfeld is genius

I've only seen about 2 episodes of CYE and I'm yet to be convinced, although the one with Ben Stiller and Larry arguing in the car about sitting up front was funny

Two and a Half Men is Ok, it's an easy watch that doesn't tax the brain. Although that fat ginger kid needs a slap
laugh.gif

Was also surprised by Chris Rock's comedy Everybody hates Chris about hsi life growing up in New York... Was very well written and genuinely funny.

Season 6- (2007) Larry and Cheryl adopt a black family to live in their house after a hurricane destroys their home. Look at the list of CYE episodes for episode titles and dates. Season 6 is set to preimere on Sunday, September 9th With episode 51- "Meet The Blacks"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curb_your_enthusiasm

Good stuff. Not that I'll be downloading it illegally, of course....

No he doesn't!

The best of American TV p1sses over anything we can dish up.....

I was being sarcastic. 'The Fitter' tried to justify his 'US sitcoms are rubbish' view by hilariously putting an h between the 's' and the 'i' in sitcom. I couldn't have agreed less with him.

Making my way through Series 8 of Seinfeld (including the episode with George's marvellous answerphone message) at the moment. Pure genius.

I was being sarcastic. 'The Fitter' tried to justify his 'US sitcoms are rubbish' view by hilariously putting an h between the 's' and the 'i' in sitcom. I couldn't have agreed less with him.

Making my way through Series 8 of Seinfeld (including the episode with George's marvellous answerphone message) at the moment. Pure genius.

Sorry, I am ill and on death's door as I type :hilarious:

Back