• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
I need to change me money up for Latvia problem is even though I hold a Natwest Gold account (best currency rate commission free etc....) its pointless because they 'do not have a market' for it.

So I need to find somewhere best to change this with out getting raped.

Ideas?

really?????

For transactions carried out in a foreign currency for sterling the following charges are applied. For debit cards, there is a charge of £1.25 for each purchase or 2% (min £2, max £5) for cash machine withdrawals. For credit cards a charge of 3% (min £3) applies for any cash machine withdrawal.

So there will be a couple of quid charge for withdrawing any money, but I'm sure the better ex rate will cancel that out.

Last edited:
I need to change me money up for Latvia problem is even though I hold a Natwest Gold account (best currency rate commission free etc....) its pointless because they 'do not have a market' for it.

So I need to find somewhere best to change this with out getting raped.

Ideas?

I find the best Best City rates are usually here http://www.thomasexchangeglobal.co.uk/exchange1.php

They have a counter in the arcade close to Liverpool St station.

I agree with EastBlack - City Forex knock spots off the big banks for both their rates and their service, usually deliver it personally to my office within 3 hours of ordering. TrueBlue - if youre not in the City youeself but have a friend that is, get him to order it for you.
One other thought... Take Euro's, probably find they are just widely accepted there.

I always take mine out of the cash points now. You tend to get close to an inter-bank rate, rather than the knock-off rate you get at an exchange.

e.g you can probably buy EUR at 1.05 in an exchange, so for £100 you would get €105 back, but from a Cash Point you would probably get closer to 1.10, so your £102 (£100 +£2 charge) would get you €110 - a rate of 1.078...

I always use ATMs nowadays, especially if I'm only away for a few days so likely will only withdraw cash once. So much less hassle.

I am another Thomas Exchange user. One just round the corner from work. One of the best rates around, and no lower limit on what you have to buy to get it

For transactions carried out in a foreign currency for sterling the following charges are applied. For debit cards, there is a charge of £1.25 for each purchase or 2% (min £2, max £5) for cash machine withdrawals. For credit cards a charge of 3% (min £3) applies for any cash machine withdrawal.

So there will be a couple of quid charge for withdrawing any money, but I'm sure the better ex rate will cancel that out.

no charges with a caxton pre paid card.
Try tesco,s

Back