• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Current computer games

BaileytheQuitter

Spelling Guru
Personally there has never been such a fruitful season for computer games!

Started off with Pro Evo, which I still haven't really got into but it is one of those games you will always come back to later on in the year.

Then I bought Gears of War 2, which is simply stunning. Completed it this morning. Any 360 owners must get this game!

Today I have Call of Duty: World at War and Football Manager 2009 arriving. Meaning im garenteed the geekiest weekend of my life. Good job i'm not feeling too well and can concentrate on getting Southend promoted and defeating the Japs on COD.

However it will mean that in little under a month I have spent £40 PES, £30 GOW2, £35 COD= £105 on computer games (FM is a bday present).

Is that too much or does it represent value for money with the money: entertainment life ratio.

Putting it into context £105 is alot of money and one and half weeks wages for me.

How many of you have/ will be getting these games- and how much do you spend roughly annually on computer games?

I am gutted completely! I sold my Xbox 360 at the start of the year because I wasn't playing it and there wasn't many good games out and now I want it back.... :( Gears of War is one of my favourite games of all time its amazing. Now they have brought out 2 I want my Xbox back so I can play it :(

As i said on the FM thread mate, have PES 2009, Madden 09, Footie Manager 09, and the new guitar hero on the xbox 360 to get through. Didn't spend a cent though... my missus likes bringing me home gifts from time to time :)

Sorry to rub it in but it really is amazing. Its the best single player game since God of War on PS2 IMO.

Everything about it is tweeked from the first game, plus the online horde thing is such a laugh with a few mates.

As i said on the FM thread mate, have PES 2009, Madden 09, Footie Manager 09, and the new guitar hero on the xbox 360 to get through. Didn't spend a cent though... my missus likes bringing me home gifts from time to time :)

Well can she buy me an Xbox 360 then ;)

Lucky you eh!

I don't see having 3-4 games at a time as unhealthy. I play games very much as a filler around my social life. However I have been known to get so submersed into an FM save I shut myself out from the outside world!

Today gonna pop round my mates and were both gonna set up an FM save, me on my laptop and he on his PC. Should be a laugh.

Personally I don't think gears 2 is as good as the first one, still amazing tho. There are just too many little niggles. Keep getting stuck enemies floating the air, the cover doesn't work as well as the last game. On a few occassions I have been standing up in the middle of a gun fight when a second ago I was nicely behind some rock without having touched a button. And on another instance a baddie appeared from nowhere in front of me, after i had cleared that area and chainsawed me.

But having said that, now got to go and complete it on insane!

Call of duty, Resistance 2, and Tomb Raider on my list to buy! Still haven't finished Fable 2. I really hate the way they all release games in November, spread them out please!!!

Personally I don't think gears 2 is as good as the first one, still amazing tho. There are just too many little niggles. Keep getting stuck enemies floating the air, the cover doesn't work as well as the last game. On a few occassions I have been standing up in the middle of a gun fight when a second ago I was nicely behind some rock without having touched a button. And on another instance a baddie appeared from nowhere in front of me, after i had cleared that area and chainsawed me.

But having said that, now got to go and complete it on insane!

Call of duty, Resistance 2, and Tomb Raider on my list to buy! Still haven't finished Fable 2. I really hate the way they all release games in November, spread them out please!!!

If my birthday wasn't smack bang in the middle of November i'd be annoyed. As it is I get most games as a bday gift.

But I agree it is stupid how all decent games are released now.

Yup I've probably got my games for this year with the exception of GT5. Recently I've bought:

PES09: £29.99
LittleBigPlanet: £40.00
FM09: £24.99
Total: £95.00

A lot of money for me, won't be spending much in the near future though.

Yeah in the last week I have bought PES09, COD 5 and getting FM09 today. Fred would do you think of LittleBigPlanet?

I like it a lot mate. It's a fantastic game to play with mates round, literally hilariously good fun. Also very good one player, it's a bit like mario/sonic really, the way you work your way accross the screen kind of thing. It's £29.99 on play.com and for that price I don't think you can go wrong.

Back