• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Current financial state

Hotman

reason, honour, integrity
Current credit report on SUFC, with suggested credit limits...

Company Name:SOUTHEND UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED(THE)

Company Number:00089767

Address:TORRINGTON HOUSE47 HOLYWELL HILLST ALBANSHERTFORDSHIRE AL1 1HD

Telephone Number:01702601351
Credit Score:1 powered by Creditsafe

Accounts Date:
08/2007 - 07/2008​

Turnover:
5358861​

Pre Tax Profit:
-2425664​

Number Of Employees:
95​

Shareholders Funds:-5085175
Credit Risk DetailsCredit Score:1 Credit Limit:£0 CCJ's:There are 1 active CCJ's

Football Clubs are a bit of a special case though in that the rarely go bust no matter how bad a state the legal entity is.

A huge loss, no assets and a CCJ will always give a company a score like that.

I'm not arguing that, just that it does seem to be a lot of people.

Players 20? Manager. assistant, coaches, secretary, groundsmen. Does that include part-timers like turnstile op's and prog' sellers? If so then 95 sounds right-ish I suppose.

Players 20? Manager. assistant, coaches, secretary, groundsmen. Does that include part-timers like turnstile op's and prog' sellers? If so then 95 sounds right-ish I suppose.

Clubshop and ticket office, what about the board do they count as "employees"?

I haven't got the accounts to hand but I think players, manager coaches etc numbered 35

Clubshop and ticket office, what about the board do they count as "employees"?

I'd say that a lot of board members are unpaid, but as Chief Exec Geoffrey King I am sure is salaried as will be Commercial Director Garry Adamson.

In addition to the ship and ticket office, there's the media and marketing departments, plus whatever heading the charmless Dave Jobson comes under.

On match days the club will have to pay out for stewards, policing, bar staff, programme sellers, match day announcer & entertainment (the Bluebelles etc).

I'd say that a lot of board members are unpaid, but as Chief Exec Geoffrey King I am sure is salaried as will be Commercial Director Garry Adamson.

In addition to the ship and ticket office, there's the media and marketing departments, plus whatever heading the charmless Dave Jobson comes under.

On match days the club will have to pay out for stewards, policing, bar staff, programme sellers, match day announcer & entertainment (the Bluebelles etc).

I didn't know the club owned a ship blimey that must cost a small fortune to run H :finger:....as far as the shop staff are concerned they are employed by "Just Sports" and not the club.

I didn't know the club owned a ship blimey that must cost a small fortune to run H :finger:....as far as the shop staff are concerned they are employed by "Just Sports" and not the club.

:p With the shipping industry being what it is, it's no wonder we are in the poo.

Jobson is Stadium manager, then you've got 20/30 stewards. The orange jackets aren't employed by the club

I think of the Directors only Garry and Nigel Brunning are salaried, I believe Ron's mentioned this a few times - the others are all non remunerated positions.

Back