• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Current Household Packages - Internet, Sky, phone etc

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
Hi All,

I will soon be relocating and will need to invest in a broadband internet package, sky television (or equivalent), a house landline (ideally) and would also like to know about any other perks that the providers offer.

I have taken a look around and Virgin Broadband do a pretty good all in deal. But, knowing that many of you work in this industry and scout the internet for such deals I was wondering if you could help me out with bundled suggestions (I presume this is cheaper).

Thanks,
Greg

Update

As per Blues_r_best note below (incase this info will help) the following are available:

The following services are available in your location:

BT Wholesale ADSL
BT Wholesale ADSL Max
BT Wholesale WBC (21CN)
BT Wholesale SDSL
BT FTTC
AOL LLU
O2 / Be LLU
Bulldog LLU
TalkTalk (CPW) LLU
Sky Broadband / Easynet LLU
Tiscali LLU
Tiscali TV (via Tiscali LLU)
Virgin Media (Cable)

Last edited:
Manish : Hi. Welcome to Sky, home of HD. You're chatting to Manish . Can I take your name please?

You: Hi Manish, Greg.

Manish : Hi Greg

Manish : How can I help today?

You: I will soon be moving house. I am looking at the bundled packages on offer from providers (assuming this method is cheaper). I wanted to know what Sky do to assist with new customers in new homes. Thanks.

Manish : we can install all the three services in a new house like we will install a anew phone line for just £10 one off cost

Manish : Would you like to go for all 3 services from Sky, i.e; TV, Phone and Broadband?

Manish : Or just TV?

You: What is the cost of the package/bundle for internet, sky tv and phone line? do you have any offers? I am considering a new hd tv

You: I don't know if I want everything from Sky. That is mainly price dependent.

Manish : Yes we have some good offers

Manish : I will help you with the pricing and the best deal for TV , broadband and phone, once we discuss about the packages that will suit you.

Manish : May I ask you a few questions to check eligibility quickly?

You: Sure.

Manish : Thank you. Have you subscribed to Sky within the last 12 months?

You: No.

Manish : Is this for a house or flat?

You: House.

Manish : Thanks for answering my questions. Let me guide you further

Manish : I would like to send you a broadband checker please get the result copy pasted on the chat window.

You: Ok.

Manish :
Please click HERE to check your Broadband availability using your postcode.
Your broadband speed depends upon the following four factors:
1. The distance to the local exchange.
2. The speed of computer being used.
3. The quality of the internal telephone line.
4. The amount of people on the Internet at peak times.

Manish : *******************************************************

Manish : Just enter your house number or name with post code and click on check address button.

You: Ok. What do you need me to copy in?

Manish : *************************************************************

Manish : Are you able to see a message Sky Broadband Everyday Lite and Unlimited are available?

You: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite and Unlimited are available:

You: Yes. It's there and asking me to choose a product.

Manish : Thank you

Manish : Let's move to Sky Broadband Packages

Manish : What does your household mostly use the internet for? Downloading? Shopping? Gaming?

You: Online Gaming - e.g. Online Poker.

You: plus some Online shopping. There shouldn't be too much downloading.

Manish : I will recommend you to go for Broadband unlimited which is for £7.50 per month for the 12 month contract when you take Sky TV.

Manish : Unlimited Broadband has download speed up to 20Mb and upload speed up to 1.3Mb which is best for downloading music, movies & data and online gaming. There's no monthly download limit and no fair usage policy. You'll also get a wireless router worth £50 absolutely free, and a 12 month trial of MacAfee Internet Security Suite.

Manish : How does that sound?

You: Reasonable. But what about the combined cost with phone rental and sky tv?

Manish : Let's move to Sky Talk Packages

Manish : Do you and your household mainly make calls in the daytime, or in the evenings and weekends?

You: It will be evenings and weekends.

Manish : I will recommend you to go for Broadband everyday lite which is FREE per month for the 12 month contract when you take Sky TV.

Manish : Sky Talk Freetime gives you free evening & weekend calls to UK landline numbers (UK call are to 01,02,03 & 0870 numbers only – excludes calls to Channel Islands, indirect access numbers, dial-up Internet access and 070 numbers). Free time is from 7pm to 7am Monday to Friday, and then free on weekends. The rate for daytime weekday calls to UK landline numbers for 01, 02, 03 & 0870 numbers is 7.6p per minute plus a 12.5p as connection fee. Calls to Sky contact centers are free at any time.

Manish : How does that sound?

You: How that sounds depends on the cost of Sky TV!

Manish : Let's move to Sky TV Packages

Manish : Which types of programmes do you and your household enjoy watching?

You: Sport and Entertainment.

You: Movies too

Manish : What's your monthly budget?

You: That is undecided.

Manish : We have two Entertainment packs to offer and they are as follows.........

Manish : Entertainment Basic: Variety + Style & Culture = £20

Manish : And

Manish : Entertainment Extra: Variety, Children's, Knowledge, Style & Culture, Music And News & Events = £25

Manish : Which one you would like to go with?

You: So which category are sports and movies included in?

Manish : Those are separate so once you decide on which entertainment you like I will get the cost for the movies and sports.

You: whats is the difference between those 2 packages... Can you tell me what I will be able to view with Variety, Children's, Knowledge, Style & Culture, Music And News & Events

Manish : Let me get the link for the list of channels

Manish : Please click here to know more about the Entertainment extra channels.

Manish : Did that open for you?

You: Thanks, for the purpose of this conversation I would probably prefer the £25 package.

Manish : Great.

Manish : I will recommend you to go for the complete Sky world (only TV) package which is for £53 and will include the 6 entertainment pack with Sports sports. It will give you bonus channels like 3,4 and sports news. You will also get complete Movies pack which will have 5 additional Channels pack.

Manish : You will also get the Sky sports F1 channel free with this package.

Manish : When you go for Sky TV, You get 240 Free View Channels of all Genre, eg. Films, Music, Sports, News Etc

Manish : I can offer first 6 month discount (£10 OFF) on the Entertainment package if you book the order now.

Manish : Do you have a HD-ready TV? And are you interested in viewing the HD channels?

You: I am interested in HD yes. I do not have an HD ready tv though

Manish : If you go for HD pack which is £10.25 per month to get 50 plus HD channels we can offer sky plus HD box FREE with FREE installation. =

Manish : *******************************************************

Manish : If you give me a minute I'll put together a package and let you know the costs.

Manish : ********************************************************

Manish : Sky World £53 (the complete TV package offered from sky)

Manish : Sky HD Pack £10.25

Manish : Sky Sports F1 £0 (FREE)

Manish : Sky Line Rental £12.25

Manish : Sky Talk Freetime £0

Manish : Sky Broadband Unlimited £7.50

Manish : Total cost comes to £83 per month includes all Taxes and there is no hidden cost.

Manish : So with the discount you will just pay £73 for the first 6 months bill and than £83 for the last 6 months bill on this 12 month contract.

Manish : I can offer FREE installation with FREE Sky Plus HD box It can record up to 185 hours of standard definition TV offers a massive 300Gb you can record up to 185 hours of standard TV (original Cost of this box is £199). I can offer £25 M&S vouchers FREE if you book now. You will also get Dolby Digital 5.1: Available on many programmes. Compatible home cinema system required. (Information only for the TV setup).

Manish : =====================================

Manish : All Prices are inclusive of VAT, there are no hidden charges ,Its a 12 Month Contract.

Manish : If there is no active landline sky will install a new phone line for just £10 one off cost payable at the time of order and if there is an active BT line than this £10 will be adjusted back on to your first bill.

Manish : You also get FREE with the deals..

Manish : Free 240 FREE view channels

Manish : Free Sky + (Recording, Pause and Rewind) feature with the box.

Manish : Free Dish

Manish : Free 12 Months of McAfee Internet Security Suite.

Manish : Free Wireless router (Worth £50)

Manish : Free Voice Mail and Caller Display

Manish : Free Viewing Card

Manish : You will also get Anytime plus with the above package for FREE...........Anytime+ is a huge library of movies, sports and entertainment programmes as well as series box sets and stunning documentaries that you can download to your box and watch on your TV at your convenience. Anytime+ is free for eligible customers, providing you with even greater value for your subscription, and greater choice and flexibility as you will be able to choose what you watch and when you watch it

Manish : I will also offer Sky Go services for FREE where you can watch the TV Services on your Laptop,Xbox, ipad and iphone its worth £35.00 a Month absolutely free for the complete 12 months.

You: I am just reading through, one moment please.

Manish : You will get all the above by just paying £73 for the first 6 months bill and than £83 for the last 6 months bill on this 12 month contract.

Manish : Sure, take your time

Manish : I am around on other chats

You: Okay, so £73 and £83 includes, Broadband, TV and phone? what one off costs are there on top of the monthly package?

Manish : No nothing just the £10 one off payable If there is no active landline sky will install a new phone line for just £10 one off cost payable at the time of order and if there is an active BT line than this £10 will be adjusted back on to your first bill.

You: Okay, so that cost includes installation of broadband, sky tv - dish and sky box, and landline?

Manish : Yes that is absolutely correct

You: Thank You for your time. Sadly, Virgin broadband offer a better overall package pricewise - were you aware?

Manish : No I am afraid as we cannot access other websites also let me give you the facts about virgin

Manish : If you ever cancel Virgin TV you will have to return all your TV equipment. Sky's equipment is yours for life and allows you to view Free to Air channels without a subscription and don't forget the upcoming digital switchover.

Manish : Virgin provide you with only a 1/4 of subscription channels which Sky provide for FREE in our free to air channels as part of your subscription.

Manish : Virgin provide around half of the HD channels that Sky provide and the availability of some of these with Virgin is subject to where you live.

Manish : Virgin Media package prices are subject to taking a Virgin phone line for £13.90 per month

You: Manish, once again thank you this is very insightful. If I wish to subscribe to the £25 tv package but have no need for certain categories e.g. childrens channels Can I save myself some money?

Manish : I understand, I am sorry as could not be of a help

You: It's all very well Sky offering more, but ultimately I will only be focusing my efforts on a small percentage of channels.

Manish : Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

Manish : Okay

You: Manish, Yes, I just asked you a question and you have tried ending the conversation.

Manish : I am sorry I missed that

Manish : I am sorry for that

Manish : I am afraid we do not do a customized channels pack

You: If I take the £25 package but wish to unsubscribe to certain elements e.g. childrens channels will i save money?

You: I currently live with a sky subscriber who cancelled sky movies and saved money. I believe £3 a month from memory.

Manish : we only have two entertainment pack and if customers wants only the news or documentaries they are compulsorily need to take the other packs as this is done by sky in UK , we are just helping customers for the online ordering process we are chatting from India

You: Manish, you have been a good help today. I will need to talk to my partner to establish her thoughts.

Manish : Okay sure

Manish : sorry as could not help you with the deals and tried my best to get the best offer available

You: I appreciate that. There will be budget constraints because of the house move. Is that the absolute best offer you can provide me with today?

Manish : Yes, this is 100% the best offer you can get across sky you can save this chat and also can compare that is the best

You: Thank you kindly

You: I shall do just that. Have a good day.

Manish : Thank you for your time

Manish : sorry again.

Manish : Thank you for your time

Manish : take care

Manish : Cheers

Manish : Thank you for chatting today. Could you help us improve how we help customers here? Once you sign off, there’s chance to give your feedback – it will only take a moment. When you click the 'End Chat' button, you'll be able to answer a few questions about your experience today - please do share your thoughts.

When searching for the best deal, be aware that most quote a package price without including the line rental. It usually appears in the small print at the bottom, marked under *. Very misleading as you need to have the line rental with nearly all the providers, and hikes the overall price up quite a lot.

Manish : You also get FREE with the deals..

Manish : Free 240 FREE view channels

Manish : Free Sky + (Recording, Pause and Rewind) feature with the box.

Manish : Free Dish

Manish : Free 12 Months of McAfee Internet Security Suite.

Manish : Free Wireless router (Worth £50)

Manish : Free Voice Mail and Caller Display

Manish : Free Viewing Card

ispman_reg.jpg

you get free ring ding

I use Virgin Media and happy enough with my internet providings. 50mb connection which should be 100mb in the next 2 weeks.

TV is ok, I only use it in the bedroom though as have Sky, but with sky cutting out whenever it rains, a weather type that isnt that unusual in Great Britain, Ive considered getting rid of Sky and getting VM downstairs as well.

Look at the cashback sites (TopCashBack and Quidco) as these sometimes have large amounts that can also be factored in to give a net cost over the year. I'm told Virgin are also good for haggling with when it comes time for renewal

£83 per month for broadband, phoneline, and sky tv with a 12 month contract. Is that reasonable?

I have the same package as they are quoting you for £61 a month. Basically, you need to phone up and haggle like a champ! (on an annual basis)

Im with Virgin & currently have:-

30MB BB (L I think), going up to 60MB soon
TV XL, no pay for channels, 500GB Tivo box
Phone line & call package which includes free to Virgin mobiles & all 0845 / 0870, 24/7 free to landlines
Extra box in both daughters bedroom's

£58

I have been a customer for years though & negotiated new packages from time to time..:thumbsup:

I have the same package as they are quoting you for £61 a month. Basically, you need to phone up and haggle like a champ! (on an annual basis)

Absolute scumbags - "Is this the best price you can give today?" "Yes".

Putting my irritated perspective customer hat on and ready to beat these sky amateurs down with a stick!

Virgin all the way mate.

Cant fault them really.

Plus you get ESPN as well for free, which is a bonus.

Virgin all the way mate.

Cant fault them really.

Plus you get ESPN as well for free, which is a bonus.

Have they got rights for the FA cup again next year or is that not decided at this stage? Presume they have premier league rights?

Do you get Sky Atlantic on Virgin? That'd be the only sattellite channel I'd care about.

Do you get Sky Atlantic on Virgin? That'd be the only sattellite channel I'd care about.

i think you do mate but possibly only on one of the more expensive packages. do you rate the channel? isn't it very american - soprano's etc?

i think you do mate but possibly only on one of the more expensive packages. do you rate the channel? isn't it very american - soprano's etc?

Very American indeed, the best of. Game of Thrones/Mad Men/Blue Bloods/Friday Night Lights etc. All the top, top HBO stuff.

Just read that's it's not available to Virgin as yet, and may not be (if ever) until 2014. That's the decider for me, and I ain't going nowhere.

Very American indeed, the best of. Game of Thrones/Mad Men/Blue Bloods/Friday Night Lights etc. All the top, top HBO stuff.

Just read that's it's not available to Virgin as yet, and may not be (if ever) until 2014. That's the decider for me, and I ain't going nowhere.

It's not available on Virgin, and that is the reason why I won't switch from Sky at the moment, although I am thoroughly ****ed off with Sky.

It's not available on Virgin, and that is the reason why I won't switch from Sky at the moment, although I am thoroughly ****ed off with Sky.

Why so mate?

Not sure how you get into all of this American TV... never sat down and watched too much of it myself.

Back