• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
With Cresswell's bid for £50k turned down just wondering what people think realistically if we received bids for certain players at what price we would accept?

£1 and a Mars Bar for Harris. Actually just the Mars Bar.
Bit harsh,at least he's trying to get himself fit after a serious knee op and wants to play for us.Eastwood has probably finished off Cresswells reported transfer bid in mars bars since the last game of the season.

Realistically, bids in the region of 100k for any of our players and I think we'd accept imho, and obviously, some would be valued way less.

Cresswell - Gotta be looking at 140k upwards after the season he had and still being under contract
Tomlin - 50 - 80k
Straker - Pay them to take him
Timlin - 50k plus when fit

Cresswell will be one of a few we could get a decent fee for (more than £20-30k).

Reckon if Tomlin and Clohessy were under contract for more than a year we could get a fair bit for them, maybe around 100k each.

My valuations (not taking into account existing contracts) :-
Cresswell --- £100,000 max.
Straker --- cost £17,500 but like a new car depreciates quickly now worth £17.50
Clohessy --- £50,000
Timlin --- £40,000
BBBC --- £30,000
Smith --- can't put a price on him , does that make him priceless or worthless ?
Eastwood --- young £2,000,000 old £10,000

Please note the value of footballers can go down as well as down

Seriously, if a club came in with £100k for Cresswell, I'd honestly think about it.

My valuations (not taking into account existing contracts) :-
Cresswell --- £100,000 max.
Straker --- cost £17,500 but like a new car depreciates quickly now worth £17.50
Clohessy --- £50,000
Timlin --- £40,000
BBBC --- £30,000
Smith --- can't put a price on him , does that make him priceless or worthless ?
Eastwood --- young £2,000,000 old £10,000

Please note the value of footballers can go down as well as down

They can also go up as well.

They're worth as much as somebody is willing to pay. And looking at our current crop, that isn't going to be much.

An agent friend of mine has previously mentioned most 'fees' paid at this level are about the value of a player's remaining contract. In Cresswell's case, £50k is probably a fair offer.

None of our players are worth more than 50-60k imo cresswell and clohessy/tomlin(out of contract) best valued accept any in that region and recruit cheaper and hopefully as good players on less wage.

They're worth as much as somebody is willing to pay. And looking at our current crop, that isn't going to be much.

An agent friend of mine has previously mentioned most 'fees' paid at this level are about the value of a player's remaining contract. In Cresswell's case, £50k is probably a fair offer.
If that's the case, then it makes the whole Mohsni debacle all the more difficult to understand.

£50k for a league 2 player who is in his twenties and has a year to run on his contract.
More if he's young and could genuinely play at Championship level.

Is there one player we would really miss massively if a 100k offer came in?

Last season I thought losing Hall was a disaster, yet for the first half of the season Hurst looked to fill his boots.

Cresswell and Hurst I would be disappointed to lose but the only player I think will be any major loss is Clohessey.

Pretty much no one else has shown in the last year they are anything but replaceable.

Eastwood and Harris must be worth at least ,
1 can of opened fosters and pack of asda own brand burgers.:sad:

I really don't buy into this theory that Cresswell is irreplaceable. Good player, yes, and certainly one I'd want to keep around, but I personally thought he was fairly underwhelming in the second half of the season. I think YB nailed it a few weeks ago when he said he's becoming more and more like Barrett with each passing game with the number of fouls he gives away in and around our 18-yard box. If any club wants to put six-figures on the table, we'd be wise to consider it.

Corr's probably worth around the same. Would be more if his injury record wasn't so checkered.

In a season or two, I fully expect Ryan Leonard to have either followed Kane Ferdinand in moving to a higher league or be one of our most valuable assets.

Back