• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Last 14 league games at the Hall have produced just 2 wins with 7 defeats!,During this barren run the team have managed to score more than 1 goal in just 1 game,4 occasions the lads have failed to find the net.Averaging under 1 point per game is a shocking return.

I know this is old ground but somehow I think some of our so called fans do not help the cause.

I think the team not winning games matters more.

Fans react to performances and results. The team win and the fans will respond, same as anywhere.

Last 14 league games at the Hall have produced just 2 wins with 7 defeats!,During this barren run the team have managed to score more than 1 goal in just 1 game,4 occasions the lads have failed to find the net.Averaging under 1 point per game is a shocking return.

I know this is old ground but somehow I think some of our so called fans do not help the cause.

Thats the spirit hours before a big game !!!

I'm guessing by 'so called fans' you mean 'supporters'?

'Fans' like things. Supporters, in the context you mean, lend their backing and encouragement.

No offence but, as you say, it's fairly old ground here. We do need more of our fans to become supporters. Right behind you, but it takes both sides. For the most part, if we give our fans something to support, they'll respond in kind - be it a solid tackle, a great pass, passion, commitment or a cracking goal. There have been some slim pickings at home and it eventually becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

So, what's your point?

I'm guessing by 'so called fans' you mean 'supporters'?

'Fans' like things. Supporters, in the context you mean, lend their backing and encouragement.

No offence but, as you say, it's fairly old ground here. We do need more of our fans to become supporters. Right behind you, but it takes both sides. For the most part, if we give our fans something to support, they'll respond in kind - be it a solid tackle, a great pass, passion, commitment or a cracking goal. There have been some slim pickings at home and it eventually becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

So, what's your point?

My point is I think it would be great if every single supporter got behind the team and refrained from abusing any player,You never know it may help them to claim the win tonight.

Perhaps Ron should **** his leg on the corner flags before the games to break the curse .

I think the team not winning games matters more.

Fans react to performances and results. The team win and the fans will respond, same as anywhere.

The problem is that the two are linked. A good crowd (and by that I mean a supportive crowd, not necessarily a big crowd) will get the players going. However, the team need also to respond to that, so that they start well, which in turn feeds the fans further. If the team start poorly then the opposite seems to happen.

It's a virtuous circle which, IMO needs to start with us.

The problem is that the two are linked. A good crowd (and by that I mean a supportive crowd, not necessarily a big crowd) will get the players going. However, the team need also to respond to that, so that they start well, which in turn feeds the fans further. If the team start poorly then the opposite seems to happen.

This,

I pay my money to cheer on the boys not abuse them.

This,

I pay my money to cheer on the boys not abuse them.

Sadly some people believe that because they've paid they have the right that shout whatever they like. Maybe they think it is an easy way to let off some anger, not like the player is going to respond to the abuse .... unless they are called Eric Cantona!

Its easier for the team to put in a good five minutes to lift the crown than for a crowd to get enthused though.

Yes it would be great if the whole crowd was up for every game, but the reality is people want something to cheer.

I pay my money to cheer on the boys too and I'm with you both in wanting our fans to be a passionate, vocal army of supporters, but the reality is that it's not collectively happening right now and the likelihood is it won't for the immediate future unless something else changes.

It needs to start with both, it's as simple and complicated as that, but if Roots Hall's in a rut, the quickest way out is for our club and players to lead us out of it by performing on the pitch.

I too am one of the rose-tinted brigade as I have alluded to in the past - I only ever cheer because thats what I want to do.

I talk up Southend at every opportunity and 2 of my friends who havent been for ages have both said to me "I must get back to Roots Hall for a game" but then qualified it by saying they would wait for our form to pick up first - vicious circle as previously mentioned. When our form does pick up (which it most certainly will), I reckon I'll use my free ticket option to tempt them back. If anyone else knows any undecided fans, I'd encourage you to do the same (entirely up to you of course!!)

I also bumped into a mate at Wembley who was a seaon ticket holder for years but hasnt been for ages - he described the final straw for him was sitting in East Blacks during one of our most dire spells a few years ago when a ball bounced up into the stand and shattered the light above him. In his own words "As I sat there being showered with broken glass, I said to myself 'I've had enough of this'".

Improve home form, improve home fans - too simple to bother stating really. I feel that we just need a bit of a break to get everyone cheering again. The performances have been there recently, but lapses (some very severe) have cost us dearly.

working from home again?

Its easier for the team to put in a good five minutes to lift the crown than for a crowd to get enthused though.

Yes it would be great if the whole crowd was up for every game, but the reality is people want something to cheer.

You're absolutely right, but we're able to start before kick off, they players aren't. We can start the cycle off if they can hear us before, and whilst, they walk out onto the pitch.

You're absolutely right, but we're able to start before kick off, they players aren't. We can start the cycle off if they can hear us before, and whilst, they walk out onto the pitch.
Yep lets get it rocking ,would be lovely going in 2 up at half time and actually enjoy the beer for a change..can't believe
those stats..COME ON YOU BLUES!!

Perhaps Ron should **** his leg on the corner flags before the games to break the curse .

a controversial first post, I look forward to reading more of your thoughts............. welcome to the zone

Back