• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Custard Splat Podcast

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat
Morning!

Been doing a Southend podcast for about 8 months. We started off just dissecting the football on the pitch and we just wanted it to be a bit of a 'bloke in the pub' format

But with this season being so horrendous we had to mix it up so we started sliding into some DM's and we've managed to get hold of our first guest

We had a great chat with Liam Dickinson talking about how his move came about, working with Bilel, a great team spirit, booting the ball in a child's face at Aldershot, plus what happened that night in Morecambe

Really grateful to him for giving up is time, a really top lad.

Follow us on Twitter if you haven't done so already and the podcast, plus all other episodes are live on Apple and Spotifty pods now. Just search "The Custard Splat"

Please bear in mind Dicko is on the phone but we are working on some new guests who are still fairly local so we'll be able to travel to them

I hope you enjoy!

Apple https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-custard-splat/id1477034273

Spotify https://open.spotify.com/show/3qhscxNM0dVzuKYHpAR6IZ

Been listening from the start and think it’s brilliant, content is great and now with guests by far the best out there.

My only advise is don’t listen when you’ve got little ears around.

Been listening from the start and think it’s brilliant, content is great and now with guests by far the best out there.

My only advise is don’t listen when you’ve got little ears around.

d9f0d2fae8b284e20e9e4fcfd8de3279.png

Thought this was a great listen! I remember vividly when Dicko broke his ankle as it happened right in front of where i was sitting. Its a shame that ended up ruining his career. He seems like a good lad.

Looking forward to more episodes

Agree the amount of swearing is uncalled for, but the bit with Dicko was brilliant, loved it and great he had so many memories to share.

Followed it from the start, haven't got round to listening to the big dicko energy yet but aiming to give that a blast this evening.

Swearing doesn't faze me in the slightest and I wouldn't listen around my kids anyway, they'd only ruin it and talk over the top of it :ROFL:

Coming from a military, fire and policing background swearing doesn’t bother me in the slightest. I’m half way through the Dicko episode so far and it’s top stuff, got the 2nd half on my way home from work.

Followed it from the start, haven't got round to listening to the big dicko energy yet but aiming to give that a blast this evening.

Swearing doesn't faze me in the slightest and I wouldn't listen around my kids anyway, they'd only ruin it and talk over the top of it :ROFL:

Listened on the way home last night and the way in this morning.

Quality! Dicko was quality and I like where you're trying to take the podcast

Top work chaps.

Loved hearing about Mohsni, Morecambe and how many kitchen appliances he could use to describe the girl in Brighton!

Looking forward to the next few guests we've got lined up

Promise to tone down on the language used in future... :Whistling:

Yes lads !!!! Nicely done !! Listening to them all now and I love the special guest idea!! I reckon you need to get
Nile Ranger on I’m sure he would be up for it.

Also don’t worry about the swearing, most podcasts have swearing in, even the peter crouch podcast does and that’s backed by bbc! Lol

We have a new episode live now! No guest this time. Just the three of us having a chat after the buzz of the young lads getting a brilliant win on Saturday and Ron's continued total mismanagement of the club.

We have taken constructive criticism on board from this forum and we have attempted to really tone down the foul language so if you were maybe a bit put off if you listened before then we invite you to give us another chance.

If you subscribe to the podcast on Apple Pods or Spotify you will be notified whenever a new episode goes live!

Morning!

Been doing a Southend podcast for about 8 months. We started off just dissecting the football on the pitch and we just wanted it to be a bit of a 'bloke in the pub' format

But with this season being so horrendous we had to mix it up so we started sliding into some DM's and we've managed to get hold of our first guest

We had a great chat with Liam Dickinson talking about how his move came about, working with Bilel, a great team spirit, booting the ball in a child's face at Aldershot, plus what happened that night in Morecambe

Really grateful to him for giving up is time, a really top lad.

Follow us on Twitter if you haven't done so already and the podcast, plus all other episodes are live on Apple and Spotifty pods now. Just search "The Custard Splat"

Please bear in mind Dicko is on the phone but we are working on some new guests who are still fairly local so we'll be able to travel to them

I hope you enjoy!

Apple https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-custard-splat/id1477034273

Spotify https://open.spotify.com/show/3qhscxNM0dVzuKYHpAR6IZ
Thanks guys classy cast had me in stitches this morning

Really enjoyed listening to Dickinson, didn’t realise what a character he was. His comments on sturrock and moshni were very interesting,as well as the Ben clarkson “rhino” part of the morecombe story ( for those who would not be listening Ben didn’t do anything wrong).

it reminded me how much has been missing the last couple of years, I felt that we had a real connection to that squad and to sturrock, something we have not had for some time——— although hopefully that is now starting to change.

If you have listened, please leave us a review on iTunes and be sure to tell your pals about it

ES1EycXXkAAQTsq

ES1EydgWkAEybef

Hi guys, so we did have some ideas to keep something going with this during the period of no games. We still have the ideas in place but with last night's new guidelines we will be indefinitely postponing the podcast. We know we're not very big, we're a pod for a struggling L1 club but we do appreciate anyone that has supported us so far.

However, during this period of isolation, we have started a thread and will be adding daily feel-good moments. So if you haven't done so already, please give us a follow @CustardSplatPod

Back