• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Custard Splat Podcast

Not as long as we'd have liked as he was on his way to work unfortunately but still a good chat with some interesting stories in there

Thank you. Enjoyed that. Hard to think of many Southend players with a better career than Spinner. He was there for almost all the Southend highlights of the last 39 and a half years and still found time to be part of Norwich, Derby and Leicester's high points (at least until Leicester won the League)

On a point of order Southend - Grimsby has often been a big game. In 2004 we'd have been promoted had we won up there, 89/90 and 90/91 we were both promoted together.
That 1990 game at Roots Hall was absolutely massive. Top v second and it had the biggest Roots Hall crowd for a league game for many a year. Tilly scored an absolute screamer to send us clear at the top.

Thank you. Enjoyed that. Hard to think of many Southend players with a better career than Spinner. He was there for almost all the Southend highlights of the last 39 and a half years and still found time to be part of Norwich, Derby and Leicester's high points (at least until Leicester won the League)

On a point of order Southend - Grimsby has often been a big game. In 2004 we'd have been promoted had we won up there, 89/90 and 90/91 we were both promoted together.
That 1990 game at Roots Hall was absolutely massive. Top v second and it had the biggest Roots Hall crowd for a league game for many a year. Tilly scored an absolute screamer to send us clear at the top.

You forget you how fast paced the football was that high up!

You forget how short the shorts were!

I’m listening atm and has anyone else clocked the slight Australian accent he has developed . Crazy lol.
I noticed that as well! In one section in the middle especially.
I knew a barman from the cork and cheese who was out there for a year and next I saw of him back in southend he had a proper accent!

I noticed that as well! In one section in the middle especially.
I knew a barman from the cork and cheese who was out there for a year and next I saw of him back in southend he had a proper accent!
Yeh it’s crazy how that happens. I mean he went out to aussie land when he was 37 he must be pushing 50 now so he’s been there long time but to have a Aussie twang to his voice is crazy lol. Great podcast though.

Back for a new season and we're back with a new series

Won't go into too many details here about the hiatus we've had, you'll have to listen and find out. We are planning on dropping an episode once a month to keep it manageable.

We will try to keep the episode length to in and around the 45-minute mark (sometimes there might be a bit of injury time). If we are fortunate enough to have a guest with us then the episode will be longer.

FAQS... I don't know why the iTunes podcast artwork isn't updating. Spotify is showing the new artwork and so is our host, SoundCloud. It's all on the same RSS feed so should all be the same artwork but if you're listening on Apple Podcasts we can just pretend Stephen Humphrys still plays for us.

Back for a new season and we're back with a new series

Won't go into too many details here about the hiatus we've had, you'll have to listen and find out. We are planning on dropping an episode once a month to keep it manageable.

We will try to keep the episode length to in and around the 45-minute mark (sometimes there might be a bit of injury time). If we are fortunate enough to have a guest with us then the episode will be longer.

FAQS... I don't know why the iTunes podcast artwork isn't updating. Spotify is showing the new artwork and so is our host, SoundCloud. It's all on the same RSS feed so should all be the same artwork but if you're listening on Apple Podcasts we can just pretend Stephen Humphrys still plays for us.
Are you fellas not putting new episodes up on Google Podcasts anymore? Latest one I can see is from January.

Good listen. But too short.

For me when im lucky enough to get the time to listen to a podcast im normally doing some hobby stuff with it on in the background or commuting so more is more ;).

Are you fellas not putting new episodes up on Google Podcasts anymore? Latest one I can see is from January.
I'll get onto @Ayrshire Blue about this as I haven't got a clue when it comes to the technical side, I'm there for my footballing expertise...

Good listen. But too short.

For me when im lucky enough to get the time to listen to a podcast im normally doing some hobby stuff with it on in the background or commuting so more is more ;).
Believe me you don't want to listen to us for more than 45 mins!

All I can suggest RE Google Podcasts is check your automatic downloads are turned on for the show. Because we left it a while between episodes your provider might have stopped it.

Back