• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Slipperduke

The Camden Cad
I still can't believe it's true. I still can't accept that the captain of Chelsea, nay, the captain of England, could ever act in this way. What would Bobby Moore say? He'd be shocked and rightly so. What kind of man cheats on his wife with Alicia Douvall?

It's one thing to bonk your way around the gaudiest nightclubs in West London, it's another to impregnate your best mate's girlfriend, but even Giacomo Casanova, on his first day out of prison, would think twice before taking a swing at that concrete-boobed Jezebel.

Douvall, who has served as something of an old gym sock over the years to legions of Premier League players and half the cast of EastEnders, did at least reveal the key to Terry's success with the ladies.

"(He) told me, 'I called you over because you've got really nice boobs'...I loved that he was complimenting me."

It's been almost 500 years since Romeo's, "Soft, what light through yonder window breaks, it is the East and Juliet is the sun." I can't help thinking that, as a society, our mating rituals might have regressed a little.

Still, as unpleasant as all of this is, should it have any bearing on Terry's place in the England squad? Absolutely not. Let's not get hysterical. If Fabio Capello was picking his team on personality alone, removing all the players who have disgraced themselves, he'd be reduced to Peter Crouch and ten cardboard cut-outs of Roy Race. Is Terry's behaviour more disgraceful than Ashley Cole's vomitous night out with a single mother? Than Frank Lampard's holiday video?Besides, if Terry can score the winning goal on the day that his entire personal life falls apart around his ears, I suspect he might be a useful chap to have around in a World Cup final.

He should resign the national captaincy, for sure. You can't expect to keep the respect of men who wouldn't want to leave you alone with their wives for any longer than it takes to compliment their chest, but let's keep some perspective.

They're not politicians, they're not religious leaders. They're just footballers. They kick balls, they earn too much money and they rut without reason. John Terry must travel to South Africa. If for no other reason than to ensure that his team-mates can keep an eye on him.

I still can't believe it's true. I still can't accept that the captain of Chelsea, nay, the captain of England, could ever act in this way. What would Bobby Moore say? He'd be shocked and rightly so. What kind of man cheats on his wife with Alicia Douvall?

It's one thing to bonk your way around the gaudiest nightclubs in West London, it's another to impregnate your best mate's girlfriend, but even Giacomo Casanova, on his first day out of prison, would think twice before taking a swing at that concrete-boobed Jezebel.

Douvall, who has served as something of an old gym sock over the years to legions of Premier League players and half the cast of EastEnders, did at least reveal the key to Terry's success with the ladies.

"(He) told me, 'I called you over because you've got really nice boobs'...I loved that he was complimenting me."

It's been almost 500 years since Romeo's, "Soft, what light through yonder window breaks, it is the East and Juliet is the sun." I can't help thinking that, as a society, our mating rituals might have regressed a little.

Still, as unpleasant as all of this is, should it have any bearing on Terry's place in the England squad? Absolutely not. Let's not get hysterical. If Fabio Capello was picking his team on personality alone, removing all the players who have disgraced themselves, he'd be reduced to Peter Crouch and ten cardboard cut-outs of Roy Race. Is Terry's behaviour more disgraceful than Ashley Cole's vomitous night out with a single mother? Than Frank Lampard's holiday video?Besides, if Terry can score the winning goal on the day that his entire personal life falls apart around his ears, I suspect he might be a useful chap to have around in a World Cup final.

He should resign the national captaincy, for sure. You can't expect to keep the respect of men who wouldn't want to leave you alone with their wives for any longer than it takes to compliment their chest, but let's keep some perspective.

They're not politicians, they're not religious leaders. They're just footballers. They kick balls, they earn too much money and they rut without reason. John Terry must travel to South Africa. If for no other reason than to ensure that his team-mates can keep an eye on him.

The account of Romeo seducing Juliet was fictional, whereas the account of John Terry seducing Mrs Bridge was in the Sun. Are you suggesting the two are comparable?

I say the guy deserves everything he gets! he is the captain of the country, someone kids are ment to be able to look up to. What a great example he is "dont worry kids, its ok to have an affair with your best mates misses." the guy deserves to be stripped of the England captain.

I personally think Terry is scum. He keeps appearing in the papers every 6 months. Him and His family really do act like scumbags.

He should be stripped of his captaincy, but who should replace him? Ferdinand? Gerrard? Lampard?

James Milner for England Captain!!!

my paper says capello will ask bridge. fancy putting all of that on bridge. shocking.

To be fair to him, if I was earning £150000 a week, captain of England and one of the best players in europe I'd be using my fame to goose any vixen that took my fancy. Don't blame the player, blame the game.

To be fair to him, if I was earning £150000 a week, captain of England and one of the best players in europe I'd be using my fame to goose any vixen that took my fancy. Don't blame the player, blame the game.

So its the large salary and the beautiful game of football that made him sleep with his best mates women and betray his wife? do me a favour, the guy is scum. Deserves everything that is coming to him! how can Capello keep him captain when the majority of english fans are going to boo him for his off field antics? AGREED he is a top class center half but that doesnt excuse him for this. I dont want to see a cheat, a gambler, a theif captain us in the world cup god for bid lift the world cup trophy! Gerrard for captain! let him play for England how he does for Liverpool.

So its the large salary and the beautiful game of football that made him sleep with his best mates women and betray his wife? do me a favour, the guy is scum. Deserves everything that is coming to him! how can Capello keep him captain when the majority of english fans are going to boo him for his off field antics? AGREED he is a top class center half but that doesnt excuse him for this. I dont want to see a cheat, a gambler, a theif captain us in the world cup god for bid lift the world cup trophy! Gerrard for captain! let him play for England how he does for Liverpool.

I agree with you up until that point. I don't like Terry at all and think he shouldn't have been made England Captain to start with. People were saying that he gave an extra 15% as captain. I don't care as he should be giving 100% just for being in the England team!

As for Gerrard being the captain, the same person who punched someone in a club? Then again if you go through the whole national team and pick out those who aren't perfect, you will be left with Crouch.

I was speaking tongue in cheek, but as we're being serious about it, I vote Gerrard as well, because he only beat a DJ up (in self defence).

I agree with you up until that point. I don't like Terry at all and think he shouldn't have been made England Captain to start with. People were saying that he gave an extra 15% as captain. I don't care as he should be giving 100% just for being in the England team!

As for Gerrard being the captain, the same person who punched someone in a club? Then again if you go through the whole national team and pick out those who aren't perfect, you will be left with Crouch.

He did indeed and i apologise because i completely forgot about that!

As for "who" should be the captain of England, its a difficult question because many of the players have had bad times in the past eg/ Rio's drug ban etc etc. I personally (watching him again today) wouldn't mind Wayne Rooney being captain. I know he has had his problems etc but the guy is class and by far the best player England have got IMO.

He did indeed and i apologise because i completely forgot about that!

As for "who" should be the captain of England, its a difficult question because many of the players have had bad times in the past eg/ Rio's drug ban etc etc. I personally (watching him again today) wouldn't mind Wayne Rooney being captain. I know he has had his problems etc but the guy is class and by far the best player England have got IMO.

Wayne Rooney is a brilliant player, but is he captain material yet. If you look over the whole England team, there are alot of leaders (Terry, Ferdinand, Barry, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney).

For me, it has to be someone who captains their club side... As they have the experience and know what is needed to be a leader both on the pitch and off it. Terry has to go, so for me the next viable choice is Ferdinand.

Most players have some kind of indiscression when they're young, Rio is no different, but as I said in another thread it's been an awful long time since you've seen him disgraced in the paper. He's a natural leader, United's captain and he has the respect of the dressing room.

For me, it has to be someone who captains their club side... As they have the experience and know what is needed to be a leader both on the pitch and off it. Terry has to go, so for me the next viable choice is Ferdinand.

Most players have some kind of indiscression when they're young, Rio is no different, but as I said in another thread it's been an awful long time since you've seen him disgraced in the paper. He's a natural leader, United's captain and he has the respect of the dressing room.

Exactly. The only thing against Ferdinand was the fact that he missed a drug test and he got banned longer than some player who were tested positive!

Give the armband back to Beckham.

I would quite like to see that, puzzled as to why it was taken from him in the first place BUT saying that, this will proberly be his last major tournement, is it worth it? Surely appointing some one for now and the future will be better. Rio i think would do a very good job with Gerrard still being vice-captain. After all Rio captains one of the biggest clubs (no offense to Chelsea and Liverpool) week in week out and does a very good job.

Back