• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I would quite like to see that, puzzled as to why it was taken from him in the first place BUT saying that, this will proberly be his last major tournement, is it worth it? Surely appointing some one for now and the future will be better. Rio i think would do a very good job with Gerrard still being vice-captain. After all Rio captains one of the biggest clubs (no offense to Chelsea and Liverpool) week in week out and does a very good job.

Beckham's experience will be vital in the World Cup. Rio Ferdinand would be a great captain IMO.

What Terry has done is unforgivable really, I think we all agree on that but talk of him missing out on the World Cup, never playing for his country again (Two stories I've read in the paper, not on here) is utter garbage in my opinion.

Yes he will be stripped of the captaincy, of that there is no doubt in my eyes and Ferdinand will pick up the armband and do just as good a job as Terry has done.

I do really feel for Bridge on two levels. Obviously what has happened is terrible for him, it truly is but looking at this from a football fans way, I can't see how Bridge will ever be involved in the National squad again. Terry is a top, top centre half and alongside Ferdinand they have become the first choice pairing for England, and Bridge is only our second choice left back, and with the emergence of Gibbs at Arsenal, he could find himself 3rd choice in the future.

It was interesting to see in the Mirror today, apparently some players have come out and said to Bridge that they will not be in the same dressing room as Terry after this. I wonder how true that is, because if for example Gerrard and Rooney decide that if Terry is there they don't want to be there then what do you do.

Its an interesting one, and I don't think Capello will say too much on this until the Internationals in March.

It was interesting to see in the Mirror today, apparently some players have come out and said to Bridge that they will not be in the same dressing room as Terry after this. I wonder how true that is, because if for example Gerrard and Rooney decide that if Terry is there they don't want to be there then what do you do.

Its an interesting one, and I don't think Capello will say too much on this until the Internationals in March.

I am a bit perturbed that some of our red top tabloids are suddenly our moral guardians. The only player who may refuse a place in the world cup party is Wayne Bridge. Does anyone seriously think a player will turn down what may be a once in a career chance?

I'm not going to pass a moral judgement on John Terry, preferring to take the view that he who is without sin cast the first stone. England's most successful captain Bobby Moore was well known for his liking of a drink, and he was also alleged to indulged in a lot of extra curricular activity. However the press at that time preferred to keep players indiscretions to themselves.

Terry will inevitably resign / lose the captaincy, I'm not sure to whom as including Terry I don't see any natural leaders in the England squad. I don't envy Capello have to make a choice.

The only player who may refuse a place in the world cup party is Wayne Bridge. Does anyone seriously think a player will turn down what may be a once in a career chance?

But is it fair that Bridge should be put in a position where he has to worry about going away for a month with a team mate who has acted like that?

Terry earns a fortune and could probably have his choice of birds if he just wants a quick fling. Why go for one Bridges? The bloke is clearly a moron.

But is it fair that Bridge should be put in a position where he has to worry about going away for a month with a team mate who has acted like that?

Terry earns a fortune and could probably have his choice of birds if he just wants a quick fling. Why go for one Bridges? The bloke is clearly a moron.

While I understand that, as far as I am aware there were two people having the affair only one of whom was John Terry. I'm not defending his actions but as the old saying says it takes two to tango.

I am a bit perturbed that some of our red top tabloids are suddenly our moral guardians. The only player who may refuse a place in the world cup party is Wayne Bridge. Does anyone seriously think a player will turn down what may be a once in a career chance?

I'm not going to pass a moral judgement on John Terry, preferring to take the view that he who is without sin cast the first stone. England's most successful captain Bobby Moore was well known for his liking of a drink, and he was also alleged to indulged in a lot of extra curricular activity. However the press at that time preferred to keep players indiscretions to themselves.

Terry will inevitably resign / lose the captaincy, I'm not sure to whom as including Terry I don't see any natural leaders in the England squad. I don't envy Capello have to make a choice.

Fantastic post, and exactly what I was about to post.

Judge Terry as a footballer, not as a person.

I couldn't care less who or what he shags. It might have been immoral, but it was legal and as long as that is the case I don't think someone's private life has anything to do with his suitability for the England captaincy.

We're choosing the England captain, not the Archbishop of Canterbury.

ps Congratulations I think maybe in order to Murdoch if Terry is stripped of the captaincy - will that be the hattrick in a world cup/Ashes year following Gatting and Dallagio?

Give it to Rio or Lampard (ok, both had made mistakes in the past. but long time ago). If they are setting an example then Gerrard should not be considered due to the recent court case fiasco!

While I understand that, as far as I am aware there were two people having the affair only one of whom was John Terry. I'm not defending his actions but as the old saying says it takes two to tango.

Absolutely right but Bridge was supposedly a good friend. You would need some pretty poor standards to do something like this to one of your best mates. because he is a very rich decent footballer, it appears that Terry thinks he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants to. Dad of the year 2009? The bloke is an arse.

Absolutely right but Bridge was supposedly a good friend. You would need some pretty poor standards to do something like this to one of your best mates. because he is a very rich decent footballer, it appears that Terry thinks he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants to. Dad of the year 2009? The bloke is an arse.

...and by the same token wasn't this Peroncell bird meant to be best mates with Terry's wife? Seems to me that cuts both ways.

...and by the same token wasn't this Peroncell bird meant to be best mates with Terry's wife? Seems to me that cuts both ways.

Yeah I see your point but if Terry had just been having a fling with some bird at the pub it would be different. As a bloke there should be some kind of respect for you mate, and he doesnt have it. Hes still an arse.

If they give it to Rio or Lamps, you can guarantee that their 'holiday video' will hit the tabloids within minutes. Will the FA take that risk?

Rather than letting the red tops have their 12 pages a day for the next 3 days before moving onto arranging for lynch mobs to go torch someones house as they've overstayed their visa for 2 minutes why not just let Bridge and Terry sort it out like men?

A quick smash in the face, a few kicks to the ribs and before you know it they'll be falling out of Bungalow 8 together having pulled an ex BB contestant, getting involved in a spit roast and the resultant video finding it's way to News of the World for the princely sum of 250k.

Sorted.

No offence Slip, but if only journalists private lives could come under the same kind of lies and scrutiny that our "beloved" redtops dish out eh?

No offence Slip, but if only journalists private lives could come under the same kind of lies and scrutiny that our "beloved" redtops dish out eh?

It comes with the territory. Some footballers, mainly "professionals" like John Terry, Ashley Cole and the like, don't know that they're born and think that they can get away with anything because they're in the public eye.

You're being paid £120,000 a week, 4 times more than the average joe earns in a year.... The least you can do is keep it in your trousers until you're 34.

It comes with the territory. Some footballers, mainly "professionals" like John Terry, Ashley Cole and the like, don't know that they're born and think that they can get away with anything because they're in the public eye.

You're being paid £120,000 a week, 4 times more than the average joe earns in a year.... The least you can do is keep it in your trousers until you're 34.

Absolutely agree but it makes me laugh when journalists appoint themselves as a bastion of moral values as they themselves are rolling around in the same filthy gutters as the slebs they love to rip to pieces.

Why on Earth would you want journalists to be put under scrutiny? Are they raking in 4 times most peoples average annual salary per week? Are they meant to be ambassadors for the country?

Capello was doing a very good job of re-building peoples liking of the England team, but Terry goes a long way to undo that.

I would be delighted if he was stripped of the captaincy as I do not think someone of such dubious moral fibra / a complete chav scumbag - should be leading us into such a big event and it would forever tinge an England world cup win with disappointment if it was him holding the trophy aloft.

Why on Earth would you want journalists to be put under scrutiny? Are they raking in 4 times most peoples average annual salary per week? Are they meant to be ambassadors for the country?

Capello was doing a very good job of re-building peoples liking of the England team, but Terry goes a long way to undo that.

I would be delighted if he was stripped of the captaincy as I do not think someone of such dubious moral fibra / a complete chav scumbag - should be leading us into such a big event and it would forever tinge an England world cup win with disappointment if it was him holding the trophy aloft.

Journalists' private lives need to be put under the microscope if they continue to pontificate about footballers' private lives. They are open to the charge of hypocrisy. Footballers don't hold themselves out as some higher moral authority like many journalists do.

I'd be disappointed if John Terry was Archbishop of Canterbury, but he isn't.

The next man up for the England captaincy, would be Stevie G, someone of even dodgier moral fibres when it comes to diving for penalties or choosing the next track the DJ is going to play. Frankly the entire England team are chavs. They represent us as footballers, not as human beings.

Frankly the entire England team are chavs. They represent us as footballers, not as human beings.

Unfortunately they probably do represent the majority of the English public. Only Graeme Le Saux represent(ed) people like you and me ;)

Back