• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cycling turbo trainers.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Does anyone use one of these?

I have just purchased one along with a training tyre and Wahoo Bluetooth Cadence/Speed sensor.

Can anyone recommend any decent training apps to relieve the boredom of cycling alone in my conservatory?

I have just purchased one along with a training tyre and Wahoo Bluetooth Cadence/Speed sensor.

Can anyone recommend any decent training apps to relieve the boredom of cycling alone in my conservatory?

Cant you rig up a big old telly and watch it whilst cycling? Wheeler Dealers is good for light viewing.

My wife used to have one for her triathlon training...don't suppose that helps you very much though!

Sufferfest is one widely used.

The Cycle Chat forum is probably the best place to go for all sorts of advise, just make sure you use the right sub forum.....

I hope that your conservatory's well-ventillated, but I'm sure you know that. As others have said, cycling forums have the most recent advice. I find turbos maddening so I'll be very interested to hear how you get on. Are you using the same bike that you go out on?

I hope that your conservatory's well-ventillated, but I'm sure you know that. As others have said, cycling forums have the most recent advice. I find turbos maddening so I'll be very interested to hear how you get on. Are you using the same bike that you go out on?

I am using the hardtail mountain bike that I go out on but have replaced the rear tyre with a training tyre.

I haven't cycled for a while and have done a few sessions at a pace of 90 rpm/ 16mph to get back into it and have found it fairly hard work. Boring and sweaty as well. I am going to put a fan in the conservatory to help.

I am using the hardtail mountain bike that I go out on but have replaced the rear tyre with a training tyre.

I haven't cycled for a while and have done a few sessions at a pace of 90 rpm/ 16mph to get back into it and have found it fairly hard work. Boring and sweaty as well. I am going to put a fan in the conservatory to help.

You might want to put in an air freshener too.

Hard-tail or not, I'd say that's a decent speed on a mountain bike. Pace yourself because it's easy to get fed up with a turbo. You have my admiration.

Back