• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

in the know

Newbie⭐⭐
Anyone see the Cyprus / Bosnia game on sky. 3-2 Cyprus, very good win against a big side including Djeko and Begovic. Demi very involved in setting up two of the 3 goals. God game (shirt No 6).

The new Cyprus coach is apparently suppose to be an excellent tactician and coach. Something lacking with PB maybe. I think he was still playing as a wing back for Cyprus but the cover was in place to allow the benefits of his attacking. Its tough to utilise those benefits with PB's'hoofball'.

It's been said time and time again. Demi was brilliant in the Walsall side that should of gone up automatically, playing as a wing back. I thought that was why we signed him, to play in that very position.

I totally agree, but...walsall played a very passing type of football which worked well. When southend do it we look so effective but PB panics and reverts to hoofball at every little chance unfortunately.
When the right blend is together the cover for the attacking is seamless and its so effective, hence the discussion over who scored the 3rd at Gillingham, Demi in the 6 yd box supporting the attack.
I think Hendrie has this in him too with a little more confidence

I think we'll see the best of Demi when he has Kightly to link up with on the right hand side. I like McGlashan but he's more of a player that looks to get in behind himself rather than link up with the fullback.

Yes I do think we are a different proposition when we eventually play Kightly on the right and macca on the left. Take nothing away from Mcglashan, he's had a good start to the season, however, I don't think he'll be in the team long term.

agree 100% with both of you! (Orangy and Blues4)
Once players are back fit - particularly wordy in the mid (and hopefully raring to go) the team will hold its own against most if its allowed to express itself and play some football. I worry that may be the issue going forward. Not the players skills, but how theyre told to play

Perhaps PB should play him in the same position.Many have said on here he could play right midfield

He much prefers (and is more effective at) playing on the left of midfield where he can cut inside. He doesn't really have the pace or strength to get round the outside of the fullbacks very often*. Seems like he is pretty settled at right back for club and country, though. That's the position he came through our academy in before being switched into midfield.

*I am aware of the potential for my opinion to be wildly outdated, having not really seen him play for the best part of a decade.

Back