• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

D-day - HMRC

I think a lot of people are thinking (hoping) that something definite will happen today so that we can start to focus on the rest of the season and either sign some new players or know we are destined for Administration and the National League.
I think as usual Ron will pull half a rabbit out of the hat so that we have a stay of execution and the can gets kicked down the road for another 6 months and we have another 6 months of uncertainty, embargo and without doubt the next "Players have not been paid" headlines. He has been doing it now for 3 - 5 years so why should he stop now. I truly believe that once we move out of Roots Hall and the flats start going up Ron will be off!

Anyone ITK got any info - I seem to remember last time quite a few people claimed they had the inside track, including @GBJ who was confident one moment then not so much shortly after!!

Whats the feeling generally on which way its gonna go.

If we pay a 'bit' off again, the death by 10,000 cuts continues :(

I think a lot of people are thinking (hoping) that something definite will happen today so that we can start to focus on the rest of the season and either sign some new players or know we are destined for Administration and the National League.
I think as usual Ron will pull half a rabbit out of the hat so that we have a stay of execution and the can gets kicked down the road for another 6 months and we have another 6 months of uncertainty, embargo and without doubt the next "Players have not been paid" headlines. He has been doing it now for 3 - 5 years so why should he stop now. I truly believe that once we move out of Roots Hall and the flats start going up Ron will be off!
Don't think there's any doubt that Ron wants out now with his financial payday but with the club in ruins on and off the pitch .Roots Hall will be built on but just what is left of the original dreams ground wise outside the football league is the other question. We also shouldn't forget the councils handling of the club since the 80s and their totally unhelpful anti football stance which has been a major obstacle to all plans.
Now they have got their way on Seaway and see the central housing targets met by the footbal clubs demise they have suddenly found a new love for plans.
As I said before.....Does the town deserve the club ,or the club deserve a 2nd rate town

Anyone ITK got any info - I seem to remember last time quite a few people claimed they had the inside track, including @GBJ who was confident one moment then not so much shortly after!!

Whats the feeling generally on which way its gonna go.

If we pay a 'bit' off again, the death by 10,000 cuts continues :(

Haven’t heard anything this time around. Cards are being kept firmly to chests (make of that what you will)

My gut instinct tells me that we’ve paid off a chunk of it, but not the full amount.

If we get wound up.

Can Ron still build what he wants are is the football club part of those plans.

Does Sufc need to survive in order for roots hall and fossetts to be built.

Haven’t heard anything this time around. Cards are being kept firmly to chests (make of that what you will)

My gut instinct tells me that we’ve paid off a chunk of it, but not the full amount.

Yea seems to be the most likely option. Keep them at bay for as long as possible till some funding materialises. Ergh... its just so painful :(

If we get wound up.

Can Ron still build what he wants are is the football club part of those plans.

Does Sufc need to survive in order for roots hall and fossetts to be built.
IIRC Roots Hall cannot be built on unless SUFC have an alternative place to play. Although if the club is to go out of business I’m not sure this would still apply.

Back