• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

D-day

Kent Shrimper

Mike Reid
Today is the day we find out if we have been succesfull in our bid to build our shiny new stadium.

I shall be crossing everything in hope. I think that we should all spend the afternoon on our prayer mats, rubbing spoons, licking pictures of the new stadium in a Uri Gellar style positive thinking excersice :D

As i have no idea how long these things take does anyone have an idea what time the council should reach there decision?

I knew today is obviously important to the future of SUFC but I liken my feelings today in terms of awaiting the decision to those I had the day my daughter was born.

Can't concentrate, can't work, etc etc etc.
If planning meeting starts at 2ish, I wonder what time we'll know either way?

I reckon it will be over in less than an hour..

Deferred for a couple of months....

Anything better than that will be a bonus

:(

It all depends, so I have been told how many objectors are in the same lodge as the committee.
There have been lots of "steering group" lunches. Expensive lunches too.
Lets face it we're dealinmg with the keystone cops who have let the Hotel become an Assylum ghetto establishment and the world famous pier, a distinct anti-climax.

The voices who say yah or neigh are probably sh*tting their aprons with this proposal

I shall be taking my laptop and if there is a hot spot or open network nearby I shall of course be keeping you all informed of developments as and when they happen.

Your hoping, this is southend council you will be lucky to get use of one of there carrier pidgeons ;)

Your hoping, this is southend council you will be lucky to get use of one of there carrier pidgeons ;)

Agreed, but if it means legging round the corner immediately afterwards to steal some bandwidth off some poor unsuspecting soul then so be it. :D

I know they have a wireless network for official press etc, whether I can use that of course is another matter entirely :confused:

Agreed, but if it means legging round the corner immediately afterwards to steal some bandwidth off some poor unsuspecting soul then so be it. :D

I know they have a wireless network for official press etc, whether I can use that of course is another matter entirely :confused:

You could always borrow some of Scriv's he must be deemed as official :)

Strangely, I'm not really feeling anything in anticipation of today because I expect today's hearing to be spectacularly inconclusive.

Surely if it is deferred to a later date with re-submitted plans RM would already have a good idea of what the stumbling blocks are and have revised plans already drawn up to keep the timescale more or less on track.

Well, you'd hope so wouldn't you :confused:

Positive Mental Attitude everyone.

Lets Keep the faith.

Unfortunately nothing we can do will affect the outcome.

The recommendation is for it to be deferred, if the council ignore the recommendation it goes to the government.

We can turn up to ensure the council know people support it but I cant see how there will be a green light today.

Anyone know how long the meeting will last ?

Back