• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dad's Army

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
The cast has been announced for a new film:

BBC

Could be good, could be a disaster...

over to you.

The original was sh!t so I have low hopes for this.

One of the most over rated comedies along with Fawlty Towers.

Never saw the attraction of the TV series. The cast announced this week is a very strong line up and I think very close, looks wise, to the original cast. They've done well on that score, let's see what the finished product is like.

The original was sh!t so I have low hopes for this.

One of the most over rated comedies along with Fawlty Towers.

Dads army yes, but Fawlty Towers? Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but not that one. Go stand in the corner!

Dads Army was a harmless and gentle little comedy, something you could watch as a whole family - which we used to when I was growing up. Of course it's become dated over time apart from Captain Mainwaring, I could have predicted each of those actors to play key roles though.

I saw Dads Army at The Palace Theater a couple of years ago and thought it was pretty good on the stage .

Dads Army was a harmless and gentle little comedy, something you could watch as a whole family - which we used to when I was growing up. Of course it's become dated over time apart from Captain Mainwaring, I could have predicted each of those actors to play key roles though.

It was a jingoistic cauldron of hatred.

Some of us drive German cars and found the whole thing very offensive.

Meh, not my cup of tea at all. Too soft, too safe and something my dad watched, hence it was gubbins. However my dad hated anything to do with Python, so Fawlty Towers is pretty much comedy perfection.

Ah yes - Is this the show where when the credits come on at the end we used to sit there & say "He's dead.... he's dead.....he's dead... (pause for Stupid Boy Pike) ....he's dead.....etc" until the end.

Ah yes - Is this the show where when the credits come on at the end we used to sit there & say "He's dead.... he's dead.....he's dead... (pause for Stupid Boy Pike) ....he's dead.....etc" until the end.

Was it just me or was anyone else expecting a poem..?

There was an Army Of Dads
Who's comedy was rather bad
It was no Young Ones
So not as much fun.
and Mrs Baylock is now rather sad.

Loved loved loved Dad's Army and not sure the re-make will live up to the original. Arthur Lowe was an amazing actor and the timing of his delivery was perfect

Loved loved loved Dad's Army and not sure the re-make will live up to the original. Arthur Lowe was an amazing actor and the timing of his delivery was perfect

yes, maybe its my age,but i did like Dads army..i make my German wife watch Dads army

Last edited:
Days army was a huge success and attracted big viewing numbers well after it had finished.. Its a generation thing. I'm sure many youth today think the young ones is *****. In its day dads army was comedy genius. The film will almost certainly be poor... It can either stick to the original format and appeal to the over 40,s. or try to attract the younger generations, in that case it will have to be one hell of a script

Back