• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Daft names

shrimperian

Coach
I was talking to a mate the other day and we got talking about the number of stupid surnames there are around at the moment, caused no doubt by the influx of foreign players, such as Sinima Pongole (not sure of spelling) and Danny s%&ttu. It got me thinking about SUFC players with daft names. Daniel Gay springs to mind from recent years, but going back I cant remember many. We had a guy named Ken Foggo in the seventies, but dont recall any others. Anyone......?

Fransisco Cagigao
Adem Poric (pronnounced very similar to 'porridge')
Martyn 'shake that' Booty.....

ermm...Im done..

Yes, forgot about Polycarpou, great winner v Watford to give us a home 3rd round tie against Liverpool. Otulokowski was a classic because the matchday announcer in those days, the venerable Frank Gill, could never pronounce his name and used to @*&K it up whenever he read out the team sheet.

Mark Dziadulewicz (I think correct spelling) was an apprentice at the club in the late 70's. He went on to play for Wimbledon, and I think one of the leading Northern Irish League Clubs, scoring in a European Cup game, I think. He also played for Canvey towards the end of his career. Other memorable names from that youth team were Colin Krzoska and George Mazurek, as well as Andy Polycarpou.

Going further back in the early 70's there was John Piekaneleitis.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Sep. 30 2005,12:56)]George Duck
Steve Lamb
Suddenly feel hungry.

Steve Lamb was actually mates with my brother - what a claim to fame that is!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Sep. 30 2005,12:59)]
[b said:
Steve Lamb
Suddenly feel hungry.

biggrin.gif
I was eating my lunch as inspiration. A few others, not trying to stay with foods but,
Tony Currie,
Spud Taylor.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Sep. 30 2005,13:20)]
[b said:
[b said:
Steve Lamb
Suddenly feel hungry.

biggrin.gif
I was eating my lunch as inspiration. A few others, not trying to stay with foods but,
Tony Currie,
Spud Taylor.
Pretty sure we did this a year or so but seeing as there are so many newbies all this would have been prepared by Jason Cook and served by Peter Butler.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 30 2005,13:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Sep. 30 2005,13:20)]
[b said:
[b said:
Steve Lamb
Suddenly feel hungry.

biggrin.gif
Tony Currie,
Spud Taylor.
Pretty sure we did this a year or so but seeing as there are so many newbies all this would have been prepared by Jason Cook and served by Peter Butler.
biggrin.gif
Probably washed down with a pint or two of Worthington.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Sep. 30 2005,13:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Sep. 30 2005,12:58)]Mark Dziadulewicz... was an apprentice at the club in the late 70's.
Now that's just showing off!!

biggrin.gif
Someone has been looking at the Southend Stats website!

tounge.gif

Back