• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wally4pm

Old Timer
I know its a few weeks away yet, but when I collected my tickets yesterday the box office stated that we have only sold 400 of the 1,000 away tickets allocated. I thought these tickets would have been snapped up like gold dust. Surely we'll take our full compliment (and more?). After all its only a short train and tube journey to Dagenham East (or a short drive along the A13). I personally will be going by bus as it is nearer to my house than Roots Hall! It should be easy for us to outnumber the home support surely? Lets turn it into a carnival.

:thumbsup:

Our allocation is 1,200 and that is it unfortunately. We cannot have anymore. We will of course sell this out easily, as general sale only started today. I would urge all those who have not got a ticket yet, to get one. As it is highly unlikely you will be able to buy on the gate on the day. Well, for the Southend end anyway.... :winking:

Last edited:
Title changed wally, don't want to give them any extra incentive to turn us over now do we :winking:

Was only being descriptively accurate Blueblood!

Alginon1, take C2C to Upminster and change onto District Line tube train and it is 4 stops to Dagenham East station. Turn left out of the station and it is about a 5 minute walk to Victoria Road on the left handside. The ground is at the far end of the road. (Or just follow all the Blues fans!)

Wally as you're inthe area, is the Tube okay that day as TfL seems to be suggesting that there maybe maintenance going on that day. Not sure from their website if it is all day or just overnight. It says DISTRICT LINE: Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 November, suspended between Tower Hill and Upminster. Saturday, after 2000, and Sunday, before 1300, but if you use the journey planner it talks about replacement buses.

I'm afraid you are correct. The tube is not running that day but there are replacement buses running from Upminster Station to Dagenham East. However, they do tend to be erractic and slow. Cunning plan number 2 might be to get a Liverpool Strret line train to Romford and from outside the station, catch a 103 bus towards Dagenham which stops outside the ground. (This is the bus that I will be using!). Better still, get on the supporters coach or cadge a lift!

I think the pricing is a big let down as ALL concessions are £13, which is expensive, so most of my clan aren't coming :(

Also, just checked on Dagenham Website, if you buy in advance for home tickets, Adults are £15 and £17 on the day, 8-18 yr olds are £6 in advance and £11 on the day and under 8's are £1 in advance and £11 (yes, I said £11) on the day!

Rip off for us!!!

I think the pricing is a big let down as ALL concessions are £13, which is expensive, so most of my clan aren't coming :(

Agree, its like the sublime to the ridiculous ...

i paid a stupidly cheap £12 for Daniel and i to go to the JPT match yet this will rise to £32 for the league game .. think i'll swerve this one

Also, just checked on Dagenham Website, if you buy in advance for home tickets, Adults are £15 and £17 on the day, 8-18 yr olds are £6 in advance and £11 on the day and under 8's are £1 in advance and £11 (yes, I said £11) on the day!

Rip off for us!!!

I thought there was some sort of legislation in place to prevent disproportionate pricing ???

Matchday Prices

Terraces
In Advance On The Day
Adults £15.00 £17.00
Concessions £10.00 £11.00
Juniors (8-U18) £6.00 £11.00
7 & Under* £1.00 £11.00

Carling Stand
In Advance On The Day
Adults £19.00 £22.00
Concessions £13.00 £15.00

Family Stand
In Advance On The Day
Adults £16.00 NA
Concessions £11.00 NA
Juniors (8-U18) £7.00 NA
7 & Under £2.00 NA

No idea. I just got it straight off their 2011-2012 Home Ticket webpage.

I don't doubt what you are saying Hils, i just remember some years ago Sheffield United were charging £9 behind one goal (home end) but £21 behind the other .. there was some sort of test case which led to clubs being prevented from charging widely varying entry fees for similar accomodation

Wally as you're inthe area, is the Tube okay that day as TfL seems to be suggesting that there maybe maintenance going on that day. Not sure from their website if it is all day or just overnight. It says DISTRICT LINE: Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 November, suspended between Tower Hill and Upminster. Saturday, after 2000, and Sunday, before 1300, but if you use the journey planner it talks about replacement buses.

You missed a bit off the end of that message.

Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 November, suspended between Tower Hill and Upminster. Saturday, after 2000, and Sunday, before 1300, also suspended between Wimbledon and Putney Bridge. Rail replacement buses operate.

I thought there was some sort of legislation in place to prevent disproportionate pricing ???

£19 for our stand compared to £15 to stand on their terrace doesn't seem disproportionate to me.

Was only being descriptively accurate Blueblood!

Alginon1, take C2C to Upminster and change onto District Line tube train and it is 4 stops to Dagenham East station. Turn left out of the station and it is about a 5 minute walk to Victoria Road on the left handside. The ground is at the far end of the road. (Or just follow all the Blues fans!)

Thank you my friend - best try and now get a ticket. I think I'll drive maybe a safer option
Al

£19 for our stand compared to £15 to stand on their terrace doesn't seem disproportionate to me.

I was thinking more the fact that all our under 18s are being charged £13 and theirs are £6 but from a pedantic so and so like you i expect nothing less :winking:

Back