• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dagenham Kev

KrustyTheKray

President
I was standing outside in the queue for the Fish House before the game, and out walks Dagenham Kev with lots of outbursts about Southend like, "Pa, one team in Essex, yeah whatever", and "Ronnie Whelan was the best". Not too sure what else he was on about.

But what planet is this guy on?? :D

Anyone else see his outburst?

Wonder how he is feeling after the 5-0 rout??:thump:

You have to love him dont you!! :o :o :o

Looked decidedly quiet at half time when i ran into him... Albeit i didn't exactly hang around to talk to him.

Don't know Dag. Kev, but if it's who I think it is he was very vocal when we played Coventry last year....constantly criticising Tilly/the team on the train home.

myself and Hong Kong Blue saw him at Prittlewell station after the game where, unbelievably, he was still moaning

then a bunch of Blues supporters turned up and started jokingly abusing him and he got the right hump and stormed off up the platform

c*ck

Dagenham Kev is a legend.This guy would moan if we hadn't lost a game in the last 20 years. Used to sit right in front of me in the East Reds in the days when we had something to moan about.Has since luckily moved on to somewhere else on the East thank god.

Dagenham Kev is a legend.This guy would moan if we hadn't lost a game in the last 20 years. Used to sit right in front of me in the East Reds in the days when we had something to moan about.Has since luckily moved on to somewhere else on the East thank god.[/QUO
He was in the bar in the East Stand saying he would probaly watch the game on the tv in there rather than go out side to the stand ...Very odd!

Good old Dagenham Kev!

Ran into him on my trip over last season vs. MK Dons (FA Cup) and Chesterfield, very odd character... Shame though I'm sure he's got his own set of problems quite unlike most of the rest of us do...

Wonder if I'll run into him again on my trip over this season (be in the UK from Feb 22-March 4) as I've planned to attend the 2 matches on during my stay, the away at Sheffield Wednesday (what a ridiculous name for a football squad, maybe we can come up with a witty song to sing about it??) and the home against Leicester. Hopefully I'll FINALLY get to see the mighty Blues pick up a win, of all the games I've watched live over the passed 7 years, I've never seen them bag more than a point, and that was only until last season against Chesterfield and then Bradford....

Fingers crossed for 2 wins!

Jeremy
Toronto, Canada

myself and Hong Kong Blue saw him at Prittlewell station after the game where, unbelievably, he was still moaning

then a bunch of Blues supporters turned up and started jokingly abusing him and he got the right hump and stormed off up the platform

c*ck

I was one of those people. Sadly he didn't strorm down the platform but approached us (my fault actually, I started it) and we had to put up with him the whole journey home to Billericay.
Unbelievably, on the train, he pulled out a programme from Southend v Stoke from February 1997 (you have to wonder why that man was carrying such a thing round with him anyway) and declared that we had 2 more points at this time that season (maybe we had 2 points less?...frankly, I didn't care) and that nobody should be getting carried away. I think he said we were playing better football then. Under Whelan.
He was very much looking forward to his trip to Thurrock the next day. He said he got respect from the people in the bar there and they hold a chat and a drink with him.
I think that has to be seen to be believed.

If that man has ever kissed a woman it's an injustice.

A few years ago he came over to me in the bar at half time and started telling me how he tried to commit suicide a few years ago. I was so tempted to say I wish you had succeded!
He reminds me of the classic Jasper Carrott 'You always get the nutter sitting next to you on the bus' gag.

c*ck

To be fair to the fella, hes clearly not quite all there! a definate character though!

Back