• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Dagenham & Redbridge 2-0 Southend United - The Buildbase FA Trophy

Went yesterday and disappointed to lose but we gave it a go especially first half and more than matched them. Second half Daggers bossed the game and apart from a few half chances we didn’t really look like scoring. Both their goals reminded me of the league game. Both goals avoidable but poor defending cost us.

do I blame Kev? Not at all, his hands were tied by forced changes. We made 5 they made 1 and it showed. Also showed our lack in quality of squad when we are missing a few players

friday was always more important than the cup and had we been midtable and safe maybe Kev would have gambled a bit more, but we dont have that luxury

plus points ~ great away flowing as per usual. Thought kensdale did well on his full debut and Gard also played well but tired towards the end, would be disappointed to see him leave.

negatives~ Couldson, Egbri, Rush, Ferguson~ simply not good enough at this level and need to be replaced

crowd trouble~ I took my parents yesterday, my dad has dementia but still enjoys going. We got caught up in the large group frog marched to the stadium just before kick off. Two or three barged my dad out the way as we tried to get in at the turnstile. When they entered the ground many went straight through the unlocked gate to confront the Daggers/ West Ham youth. Why that was allowed to happen by police/stewards after the league game trouble is ridiculous

in terms of who’s fault it was then blame, Daggers, Southend, Police and stewards. We have been to 10 away games this season and only trouble has been both Daggers games. It appears that a minority have targeted these games as this was a complete contrast to the week before at Weymouth. I certainly didn’t recognise the idiot who got thrown out and neither did many other regular away day fans around me

anyway on to Friday and a massive game against a Kings Lynn side knocked out by Tonbridge Angels yesterday, hopefully a few players who missed yesterday will return and possibly a new signing or two

I don't think you're saying he only had one decent header - just one header cleared off the line?
Before that, he spurned a decent chance when he got under the ball from a corner.
For the first one, he was totally unmarked, but got the timing all wrong.

I agree about the deliveries.
They got more predictable with every passing (no pun intended) opportunity.

But that second goal killed the tie, and Mr C's part in it was less than praiseworthy.
So, we are to assume he still had a good game that included missing two decent headed chances on top of poor defending for 2-0?
Yeah, agreed he was OK for the rest of the time, but on small margins are games won and lost.
My hope is that Kensdale picks up the pace pronto, and that Lopata doesn't suffer any further injury.

Coulson did not miss two chances. The first corner was an out swinger rather than the more effective Brunt in swinger.
From where Coulson and the others started their runs from it was obviously meant to be nearer the goal. Coulson had to step out and did well just get something on it.

The free kick was a better delivery and once again Coulson lost his man but a good header was cleared off the line. Thats good defending not a miss.

The first goal Ferguson had no interest and Hobson was late to mark up. Which is why their lad got in front of him. Still a very good delivery from that close so it meant no time to react.

I doubt you see them or chose to ignore but Coulson did plenty of other no nonsense work organising or clearing up Dagenham clearances etc.

Still you have to slag someone every game so why not Coulson. Especially if you decided that the moment the teams were announced.

Same for some people about Matt Rush. We could have been 2-0 up within 30 mins as a direct result of his play. The fact that others didn't take their chance is not Matts fault. Even worse it doesn't mean you close your academy.

Coulson is a tragic footballer. I never agree with us signing anyone who has played for Orient, Col U, Dagenham in recent years.

The first goal Ferguson had no interest and Hobson was late to mark up. Which is why their lad got in front of him. Still a very good delivery from that close so it meant no time to react.

That was no lad, that was Myles Weston - he of the legendary cross for the Pig to score.

Coulson is a tragic footballer. I never agree with us signing anyone who has played for Orient, Col U, Dagenham in recent years.

If your a footballer who has a mortgage and a family round here its only natural you are likely to move around these clubs. Its got absolutely nothing to do with the player supporting any of those teams. Bit of a silly childish view Barry tbh.

Coulson did not miss two chances. The first corner was an out swinger rather than the more effective Brunt in swinger.
From where Coulson and the others started their runs from it was obviously meant to be nearer the goal. Coulson had to step out and did well just get something on it.

The free kick was a better delivery and once again Coulson lost his man but a good header was cleared off the line. Thats good defending not a miss.

I doubt you see them or chose to ignore but Coulson did plenty of other no nonsense work organising or clearing up Dagenham clearances etc.

Still you have to slag someone every game so why not Coulson. Especially if you decided that the moment the teams were announced.

Same for some people about Matt Rush. We could have been 2-0 up within 30 mins as a direct result of his play. The fact that others didn't take their chance is not Matts fault. Even worse it doesn't mean you close your academy.
You do love robust language, eh, Riggers?
'Slag'? 'Every game'? Factually wrong, but why check the facts?
BTW, dictionary definition of 'slag' is 'abusive and insulting manner'.
Am assuming you're winding one up as ever, but find me ONE post where I have been either to any Southend player. Note, slag as opposed to criticism.
The header cleared off the line didn't go in. Therefore, it wasn't a goal, and was...Go on, say it - you know you want to, lol.
I already said Coulson had an 'OK game', but you surpassed yourself with your new found skill: mind reading.
Deciding to 'slag off' JC even before the kick-off? How did you know? It must have been writ large on my face.
Damn! Must practice that poker stare a bit harder.

Never hear from you when we win. Lots of rubbish from you when we lose.
Surprised to hear you're 'fed up'. I thought you were the 'life and soul of the party'

Surprised to hear you're 'fed up'. I thought you were the 'life and soul of the party'
Look at the Weymouth thread then. Or the Yeovil one. Or does that not suit the strange agenda you have against a pensioner?

We only hear from Barry when we play Dagenham for some reason.

The Mods have to work full time deleting most of his comments so God knows how much worse they get.

Went yesterday and disappointed to lose but we gave it a go especially first half and more than matched them. Second half Daggers bossed the game and apart from a few half chances we didn’t really look like scoring. Both their goals reminded me of the league game. Both goals avoidable but poor defending cost us.

do I blame Kev? Not at all, his hands were tied by forced changes. We made 5 they made 1 and it showed. Also showed our lack in quality of squad when we are missing a few players

friday was always more important than the cup and had we been midtable and safe maybe Kev would have gambled a bit more, but we dont have that luxury

plus points ~ great away flowing as per usual. Thought kensdale did well on his full debut and Gard also played well but tired towards the end, would be disappointed to see him leave.

negatives~ Couldson, Egbri, Rush, Ferguson~ simply not good enough at this level and need to be replaced

crowd trouble~ I took my parents yesterday, my dad has dementia but still enjoys going. We got caught up in the large group frog marched to the stadium just before kick off. Two or three barged my dad out the way as we tried to get in at the turnstile. When they entered the ground many went straight through the unlocked gate to confront the Daggers/ West Ham youth. Why that was allowed to happen by police/stewards after the league game trouble is ridiculous

in terms of who’s fault it was then blame, Daggers, Southend, Police and stewards. We have been to 10 away games this season and only trouble has been both Daggers games. It appears that a minority have targeted these games as this was a complete contrast to the week before at Weymouth. I certainly didn’t recognise the idiot who got thrown out and neither did many other regular away day fans around me

anyway on to Friday and a massive game against a Kings Lynn side knocked out by Tonbridge Angels yesterday, hopefully a few players who missed yesterday will return and possibly a new signing or two
There's a possibility of 3 or 4 new faces quite soon with tallying numbers going the other way. To hopefully help our lack of quality when we're missing players.

There's a possibility of 3 or 4 new faces quite soon with tallying numbers going the other way. To hopefully help our lack of quality when we're missing players.

Thanks, good to hear - whilst things have improved some more strength in depth would be great.

Can @BoyWonder2 back up this statement?

I don't know who would want our old injury prone players that we want to get rid of. Surely another club is not that stupid?

Not genuine fans??? Been all bar one home game this season and Dagenham away twice, plus Weymouth, Borehamwood, Kings-Lynn, Wealdstone...by all means engage in dialogue with me but don't question my loyalty to this club please.
The person who sits in the home section when Southend plays away and causes problems and constantly spouting negative comments to our players just because they played for so called rivals previously is not a fan

What a load of rubbish.

Richard Cadette, Ricky Otto, Craig Easton and Jason Demitriou all played for Orient before us. In fact, Cadette made his debut for us against Orient and scored 4 goals!

John White, Mark Warren, Ben Coker, Sean Clohessy, Roy McDonough, Tony Hadley, Owen Simpson and Mario Walsh all played for Colchester before us and not only that, joined us from them!

Gavin Tomlin, Ryan Hall, Ben Reeves and Rhys Murphy all played for Dagenham before us as did Darren Currie before he joined the management set up (or doesn't that count?). Don't forget, Kevin Maher finished his playing career there.

If you seriously believe there is some hidden agenda with former players of rival clubs, then you need your head examined.

Back