• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Dagenham & Redbridge 2-0 Southend United - The Buildbase FA Trophy

Well quite!

Who'd have thought that the installation of our management team plus the addition of John Still would be behind the secret motive to get Dagenham promoted... I mean, that's how it works, right?
Its all becoming clear to me now.....

EHTQ1y1XUAAxtJt.jpg

Sod the cup anyway, I didn't care about it before the game and definitely don't after either. This was always a awkward distraction from the league where we've finally started putting a few performances together.

Like Maher has already said, the players need to forget about it now and get some confidence back for Friday and not hide away.

We should be beating Kings Lynn but this is sufc we're talking about so it won't be easy (I hope it is) but I'm thinking back to the first game of the season where I thought they could of won that day. I know they're in a horrible bit of form so hopefully we can make that worse.

We're in the business end now and I want the remainder of the season to be dull and boring and not involve anymore relegation scares.

I'm jumping the gun here but the summer is yet again another important one in terms of who we keep. Personally I think we got it wrong last summer and the summer before that. We had the chance to get rid of dead wood and we did to a certain extent but times up for several squads members who, in truth, have had more chances than they deserve purely based on us being in a terrible position financially etc. I hope Maher and co can get it right, I certainly feel more confident now with them in charge than the last 5 years or so.

Any chance I can do a post on here without being jumped on from all directions?
I guess it depends what you post Barry. If you express an opinion that could be contentious then you should expect responses. Those responses should debate the content of your post though, not you as a poster.

You are afforded the same rights as everyone else on this site, i.e. the protection from abuse, insults etc, as laid out in the rules of the forum.

I can assure you we remove those kinds of posts as soon as they come to our attention.

The trouble is, Barry, some of your posts/views are quite incendiary, and whilst you have the right to post them - within the boundary of the site rules - other posters have the right to reply to them and respond with their view.

It just so happens that more people seem to disagree with your views than agree, which will inevitably cause people to “jump on you”.

Worth remembering that we do get family and friends of club employees (including players) who post on here regularly, so criticism of them personally is likely to bring about a defensive reaction.

Murphy didn't play, and his absence might have shown up what was missing from the team. Yes he has more chance misses than scores BUT he is a defenders nightmare and works blooming hard off the ball. We are weaker attacking without him.

The midfield showed the problems we have had over the last 3/4 seasons just not quite up to the mark,

Take a deep breath BB52, and chill.
AND how about on the next thread, the pre game KL for Friday you post on your line up, selections and omissions, game set up.

And then after the game put a match report up with some detail and explain about?

Do that and I suggest you may get some engagement on the post content rather than general snippets taunts.

We all say somethings other people don’t agree with whether that is new signings, Stan, Ron Martin, new stadium etc. The problem posters have with you is you come across as a troll all the time, always negative, get much more vocal when we play Dagenham which suggests you support them and not us (plus you have admitted you have previously sat in their end when you got punched or whatever it was) and that’s just to name a few things. Plus if you go to all the games you say you do surely we would see you regularly but I’ve never seen anyone back you up. I may be wrong but that is just a way I see things when you post.

What happened to the ''crowd trouble'' thread, I posted on on Saturday night....

Big brother never liked it ?

Well quite!

Who'd have thought that the installation of our management team plus the addition of John Still would be behind the secret motive to get Dagenham promoted... I mean, that's how it works, right?
There was a joke when David Moyes was manager of Man Utd, that he had spent years trying to get Everton above Man U in the league… and finally succeeded.

Back