• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Dagenham & Redbridge FC v Southend United, Saturday 23rd October, 15:00, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 63 79.7%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Jason Demitriou

Votes: 38 48.1%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 35 44.3%
  • John White

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 56 70.9%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 65 82.3%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 62 78.5%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 48 60.8%
  • Harry Phillips

• Jack Bridge

Votes: 64 81.0%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Simeon Akinola

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Louis Walsh

• Rhys Murphy

Votes: 65 82.3%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 61 77.2%
  • Hamzad Kargbo

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Benji Kimpioka

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Matt Dennis

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Oli Coker

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Abu Ogogo

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Win

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Lose

Votes: 22 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
While I agree about a "fresh start " and "new ideas" Chesterfield your "then" was only a fortnight ago on Saturday.
But thats the most recent league game and that's why we now have king kev and and his new team ! They wasn't playing for brown ! If we see another performance like that under our new team then we have serious problems!!

I think Marky Gower has pulled a few strings to bolster our defence for Saturday ; so

--------------------------------ARNOLD-----------------------------
ALEXANDER ARNOLD ----MATIP ---VAN DYKE------ROBERTSON
--------------DUNNE ------FERGUSON----PHILLIPS--------------
----------AKINOLA-------MURPHY---------BRIDGE--------------

DALBY, RALPH , DEMETRIOU, SEADEN, SALAH.

Dalby should be in starting 11. ?

Is the Banner being taken to Dagenham?? If not why not??
Is that the banner that says
we are SOUTHEND, we are UNITED, and we’ll NEVER, BE DIVIDED.

We are possibly starting a new future, let’s all get behind the team on Saturday, and for the next 6 weeks to give everyone a chance.

COME ON YOU BLUES
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.

Is that the banner that says
we are SOUTHEND, we are UNITED, and we’ll NEVER, BE DIVIDED.

We are possibly starting a new future, let’s all get behind the team on Saturday, and for the next 6 weeks to give everyone a chance.

COME ON YOU BLUES
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.
No, Its the Banner saying MARTIN OUT. Have you noticed he is still there. You probably read it wrong and thought it said Brown out.
After the 6 weeks it can come out again.

No, Its the Banner saying MARTIN OUT. Have you noticed he is still there. You probably read it wrong and thought it said Brown out.
I haven't noticed him much lately to be fair. Very noticeable that Tom has been in the forefront with speaking to the Echo, Stan coming in as Head of Football Operations etc. Ron's been told to take a step back, which I fancy might be as good as we're going to get right now.

No, I saw the banner, I was standing behind it.
But events are changing, the protest has made a big difference, just look what's happening, you must be blind not to see, or to blinkered to care.
No, I agree with Stan, and Stan with us.
Let's give this vision a chance to gain some legs for approx 6 weeks and then see what's happens.
OUR PLAYERS, need us, they need the positiveness from the stands to spur them on to victory.
AND THRY REALLY NEED US ON SATURDAY, so

COME ON YOU BLUES.

Five at the back.. five across the middle… let’s get sideways passing right first.. ‘king Kev’, soon to be known as ‘kin Kev.. was the god at that

Dare I suggest that maybe Ron saw it, realised the mistakes he was making and has set about addressing them over the last two weeks by supporting a full restructure of the footballing side of the club. Maybe?

For now we go to Dagenham, sing our hearts out for the team and get behind them. If he starts playing up again on another area then we still maintain the right to protest.

CAVEAT: not a Ron Martin supporter as still think he mainly in it for the money

Difficult to pick a team without knowing the new managers style of play. I do expect a couple of unexpected additions to the squad such as maybe Rush and Philips as they look to see what they have.

Just hope we show energy, passion and desire even if we end up on the wrong end of the result.

Difficult to pick a team without knowing the new managers style of play. I do expect a couple of unexpected additions to the squad such as maybe Rush and Philips as they look to see what they have.

Just hope we show energy, passion and desire even if we end up on the wrong end of the result.
Judging by our injuries I don't think we'll see anything on Saturday that will tell us about Maher's style of play, he just has to get a squad out there to compete. Our injury issues should be no surprise to anyone, it's the same old faces and we were silly enough to sign them or offer new contracts to them so we have to own that now. Hopefully Stan will stop us going for the injury prone players where there's years of evidence that they can't get on the pitch regularly.

He is still there but after years of resisting he’s suddenly making all the changes that would make the club more attractive to potential buyers, right around the time he expects finally to get planning permission…

One Gauge of progress might be what happens when we go one down. As Stan said players were flat as a pancake, we know Confidence is/was shot , So I can live with it if we lose 3 nil as long as we continue to battle and heads dont go down

Its tough though with all those injuries and questions over fitness, plus at some stage we need to address our often walk through midfield and weak defence, so it will take a time to re-shape the squad. Ferguson has done well lately though which offers some comfort and Bridge works hard. Be interesting to see where the new team see his role?

Would love it though if the new Team bounce could lift spirits strongly and we score first and pulled off a great result

I haven't noticed him much lately to be fair. Very noticeable that Tom has been in the forefront with speaking to the Echo, Stan coming in as Head of Football Operations etc. Ron's been told to take a step back, which I fancy might be as good as we're going to get right now.
Unlikely, until after Monday's SBC meeting at least.Call me cynical if you like but it wouldn't suprise me at all to learn that the recent management changes are somehow connected with this in an attempt to keep SOS (and other fan groups) onside while the planning application for FF is discussed.Until it's approved the Chairman is clearly going nowhere.

Last edited:
No, I saw the banner, I was standing behind it.
But events are changing, the protest has made a big difference, just look what's happening, you must be blind not to see, or to blinkered to care.
No, I agree with Stan, and Stan with us.
Let's give this vision a chance to gain some legs for approx 6 weeks and then see what's happens.
OUR PLAYERS, need us, they need the positiveness from the stands to spur them on to victory.
AND THRY REALLY NEED US ON SATURDAY, so

COME ON YOU BLUES.
I believe Collymore is there for other reasons? He is there for his own gain for the future. Possibly buying the club with others if all goes well. I have my doubts about his total love for the club. Only played 19 games for the club and not even a Southend supporter if he is honest.

I believe Collymore is there for other reasons? He is there for his own gain for the future. Possibly buying the club with others if all goes well. I have my doubts about his total love for the club. Only played 19 games for the club and not even a Southend supporter if he is honest.
Who cares ! Ron listens to him! Look what's happened in the short time he's been involved! The club's moving in the right direction with Stan.

Back