• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Dagenham & Redbridge FC v Southend United, Saturday 23rd October, 15:00, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 63 79.7%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Jason Demitriou

Votes: 38 48.1%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 35 44.3%
  • John White

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 56 70.9%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 65 82.3%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 62 78.5%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 48 60.8%
  • Harry Phillips

• Jack Bridge

Votes: 64 81.0%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Simeon Akinola

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Louis Walsh

• Rhys Murphy

Votes: 65 82.3%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 61 77.2%
  • Hamzad Kargbo

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Benji Kimpioka

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Matt Dennis

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Oli Coker

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Abu Ogogo

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Win

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Lose

Votes: 22 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have a read of the article I did in Nottingham with Chris Phillips in 2017.

We finished 7th in League one so the club on the pitch was in a stable position.

Either I'm an extremely clever liar, waiting for four full years for the arse to fall out of the club to pounce like Dick Dastardly, or I'm just telling the truth, as I've done on Shrimperzone since 2003, have said in countless media interviews over 30 years and have shown to be true in 2003 ( quoted in the article) that "I'm here always to help".

I don't expect to be universally liked, a good half dozen on here would rather their club go to the wall with a failing system rather than accept the possibility that I'm just offering a progressive and honest future, well thought out and accounted for.

But being questioned about my motives like some Scooby Doo villain with a wicked and devious plan is hilarious. Really it is.

I invite everyone to read this article from 4 years ago and just make your own mind up.

Stan, will you be going to the game today?

Appreciate you actually have a life outside of SUFC & other commitments but just wondered.

UTB ?

We finished 7th in League one so the club on the pitch was in a stable position.

Either I'm an extremely clever liar, waiting for four full years for the arse to fall out of the club to pounce like Dick Dastardly, or I'm just telling the truth, as I've done on Shrimperzone since 2003, have said in countless media interviews over 30 years and have shown to be true in 2003 ( quoted in the article) that "I'm here always to help".

I don't expect to be universally liked, a good half dozen on here would rather their club go to the wall with a failing system rather than accept the possibility that I'm just offering a progressive and honest future, well thought out and accounted for.

But being questioned about my motives like some Scooby Doo villain with a wicked and devious plan is hilarious. Really it is.

I invite everyone to read this article from 4 years ago and just make your own mind up.

You'll do for me. There's a buzz around the place that only a character like you could bring and I will personally be devastated if you are not put in place permanently at our glorious club. If in years to come you own the club then that's all good too. It can only be good for the Blues.

SO HERE WE GO...

Matchday and no ordinary one as we visit the disease-ridden swamp that is D*genham. Win at all costs against these knuckle draggers who celebrated each of our recent delegations. **** off.

If I remember correctly that was a defeat under the management of Mr Bond. I was there and it was a truly deflating experience. We looked disorganised and ended up well beaten. We were well on the way down that slippery slope which led to our consecutive relegations. Hope today sees the start of our renaissance under the new management team. COYB.
Yes I think it was either 3-0 or 4-0. Let's hope for better today ?

SO HERE WE GO...

Matchday and no ordinary one as we visit the disease-ridden swamp that is D*genham. Win at all costs against these knuckle draggers who celebrated each of our recent delegations. **** off.

Barry
I know you love to wind people up.
I was born in Dagenham, supported Southend since the seventies.
My other half lives in Dagenham, and i will be staying there tonight.
Drinking in the area tonight as well. With other Dagenham residents.

You have a young son who you took into the Daggers end as it was cheaper. !!!
Then was involved in trouble, now have a vendeta against Daggers fans.
You dont seem a young man, i would only say. Grow up. I spoke like this when i was
younger and wanted attention.
I hope you enjoy the game and we win. Up the Blues.

I just wonder if those numerous players that were not fit to play for the previous management ‘team’ will declare themselves fit for the new Team? The Cup match against Chertsey was a pass, so will JW for example want to play?

Barry
I know you love to wind people up.
I was born in Dagenham, supported Southend since the seventies.
My other half lives in Dagenham, and i will be staying there tonight.
Drinking in the area tonight as well. With other Dagenham residents.

You have a young son who you took into the Daggers end as it was cheaper. !!!
Then was involved in trouble, now have a vendeta against Daggers fans.
You dont seem a young man, i would only say. Grow up. I spoke like this when i was
younger and wanted attention.
I hope you enjoy the game and we win. Up the Blues.
My son isn't so young anymore, it's a 15 year old accompanying me today! I'm amazed he's stuck with the Shrimpers despite the allure of the big clubs like his mates support.

Also, it's an Essex derby as good as it gets in this **** league. No room for liking eachother.

If I remember correctly that was a defeat under the management of Mr Bond. I was there and it was a truly deflating experience. We looked disorganised and ended up well beaten. We were well on the way down that slippery slope which led to our consecutive relegations. Hope today sees the start of our renaissance under the new management team. COYB.
We hit the post and missed a sitter at 0-0 in that game. After that, absolutely awful. It was 4-0. It was the game when Cox apparently had a falling out with the manager and came out in the post-match interview and said, "I've never been asked to play like this before." Literally publicly slated the manager and his tactics, or lack of. All downhill from there. I know there are many that have an opinion of Cox behind the scenes but in this case, he was spot on.

Let's hope the new era breeds cohesion and stability.

Come on you blues!

Irrespective of the result I'm looking to see if we are more organized with everyone knowing their role and game plan and sticking to it and that the players seem happier and body language does not say "I would rather be anywhere but here".

Irrespective of the result I'm looking to see if we are more organized with everyone knowing their role and game plan and sticking to it and that the players seem happier and body language does not say "I would rather be anywhere but here".

Hhmm - remember the coaching team have only had a few days with them - might be abit too early for a massive change. Although having said that I do think the team were underperforming, so there is scope for a new manager bounce.

Hello Stan.
Dont take the bait. Dont let them get inside you.
For every 1 person that may question why you are here there 300 that know why you are here and support you.
So put some posts on here saying how much you are enjoying reading all the positive posts and support for you.
We would like to read that.
Like you, we need positive comments.

I think a legitimate question to be asked re possible Collymore appointment is will he be full time?. I ask this in view of his media commitments which presumably he will still fulfil.

I said in another thread - I wonder if that is where a compromise could come in - we can only afford X so may be reduce the time commitment we're asking for. I think a facilitator and visionary type role can be successfully completed part-time.

Hhmm - remember the coaching team have only had a few days with them - might be abit too early for a massive change. Although having said that I do think the team were underperforming, so there is scope for a new manager bounce.
If they look organised and up for it then that'll be a start whether we win, lose or draw.
Rome wasn't built in a day. UTB!

There is going to be a good turn out today for the team so hopefully our support will carry over to the players.
has to be our closest game as the crow flies
reckon Hobson will be back in the side and possibly John White
Also think Murphy and Dalby will start

Not the first time this season and probably not the last that we will match the home support in terms of turnout.

I am hoping for a rare occasion of us matching the opposition on the pitch though. A lot of these players aren't that bad, they need to be played to their strengths and we need to take the focus off the opposition and put it on what we're capable of doing.

I'll be listening with intent but still think Dagenham are a big mountain to climb so soon.

Not the first time this season and probably not the last that we will match the home support in terms of turnout.

I am hoping for a rare occasion of us matching the opposition on the pitch though. A lot of these players aren't that bad, they need to be played to their strengths and we need to take the focus off the opposition and put it on what we're capable of doing.

I'll be listening with intent but still think Dagenham are a big mountain to climb so soon.
Dunno, I'm confident we can shift 15,000 for Wrexham

Back