• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Dagenham & Redbridge v Southend United, Saturday 15th January, 3.00pm KO, FA Trophy (4)

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • Collin Ndeng-Ndi

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • John White

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 30 55.6%
  • Kacper Łopata

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Josh Coulson

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 41 75.9%
  • Will Atkinson

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Lewis Gard

Votes: 28 51.9%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • Abu Ogogo

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • Harry Phillips

• Louis Walsh

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Matt Dennis

Votes: 36 66.7%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Eren Kinali

• Win

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Lose

Votes: 23 42.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
So it's our second trip to the Victoria Ground this season, last time was for the first game of King Kev's reign and ended in a disappointing 3-0 defeat. Given our recent upturn in form, one would hope for a slightly better result this coming Saturday in what is our last realistic hope for another trip to Wembley this season.

Daggers' form has been a bit up and down since beating us on 23rd October. Following that victory their next 7 games yielded 5 defeats, 1 win and 1 draw, then followed a 6 game unbeaten run which takes them up to last Saturday's draw at Torquay where they came back from being 2-0 down.

Harrison Neal is cup-tied for this game, so Blues will have to find another all action central midfielder from somewhere to cover for him. It might have been a good game to give Leon Davies a first run out, but he's also cup-tied having played for Weymouth in the last round. Ollie Kensdale, however, did not play for Concord in the second round so should be able to feature.

The injuries picked up by Rhys Murphy and Will Atkinson are a little concerning and whether Kev will risk either of them ahead of 3 big league games against teams around us coming up in the next fortnight remains to be seen.

We won't have as many fans there as in the league game, but with the dearth of Saturday afternoon football at Roots Hall this season, one would hope that there is a decent following given how close to home we are.

Anyway, given what we know about player availability, who would you select and what do you predict the result will be?

Last edited:
Given we don't have a midweek game next week, I'd hope we'd look to field as strong a side as possible but Harrison Neal will be a big miss.

Dagenham seem intent on trying to forge some kind of rivalry with us, when they beat us in October you'd have thought they'd won the league. So they'll be well up for this, but there's been enough improvement in the past month or so to expect us not to roll over like we did before.

With Murphy out Maher may have to revert to a 4-4-2.

With us now 7 points above the last relegation spot the priority becomes to continue the momentum and have a cup run.

This will give us the big game Wembley experience ahead of next year’s hopeful play-off push.

Changes should therefore be kept to a minimum. Ferguson in for Neal is one enforced change, maybe Dunne in for Atkinson and Rush for Murphy as well depending on how they recover. Maher may consider Davies in for Demitriou as well.

I expect Kensdale is cup-tied before people say he must play.

Ndeng-Ndi
Kensdale, Lopata, Ralph
Howard, Gard, Ferguson, Clifford
Dalby, Dennis, Rush
But also wouldn’t mind seeing Walsh as RWB or left of the front 3 in place of Rush.

T
Given we don't have a midweek game next week, I'd hope we'd look to field as strong a side as possible but Harrison Neal will be a big miss.

Dagenham seem intent on trying to forge some kind of rivalry with us, when they beat us in October you'd have thought they'd won the league. So they'll be well up for this, but there's been enough improvement in the past month or so to expect us not to roll over like we did before.

With Murphy out Maher may have to revert to a 4-4-2.
This post should censored for the sake of Barry's blood pressure.

I think this could be a game for Rush to prove his worth to the team, coming on last night he wasn't great, mistimed runs, pushed off the ball and looked overall tired after 10 minutes.

If he can grab a goal or even just put a good performance alone if he plays, I'd keep him around the team, if not, potentially a loan would be more beneficial and we look to find someone that can come of the bench and cause problems for teams.

I think this could be a game for Rush to prove his worth to the team, coming on last night he wasn't great, mistimed runs, pushed off the ball and looked overall tired after 10 minutes.

If he can grab a goal or even just put a good performance alone if he plays, I'd keep him around the team, if not, potentially a loan would be more beneficial and we look to find someone that can come of the bench and cause problems for teams.
I must admit I was quite disappointed with Rush when he came on last night. He looked on his heels a fair bit of the time. We needed a Gareth Risbridger to come on and press like mad to give the defence some relief.

Picked up 3 tickets this morning,over 500 tickets sold and counting,great turn out for the lads,come on you mighty mighty Shrimpers.
Is that all? Cheaper than the league visit and our last shot at a cup run. Bit underwhelmed truth be told.

Throw this one, with injuries, potential injuries to be had and the need for league survival outweighing it all with a fair few 6 pointers coming up id play fringe players only.

Stick Josh up top and just sling balls up to his head

Gk - Colin
Dfs- Kensdale, Davies, White
MF- Bridge, Dunne, Kinalli, Ferguson, Coker
FW Coulson & Rush

Bench Seaden, Benno, Egbri, Parlour, Lockwood

Question is do you take this seriously as show how far we've come under KM in the past couple of months and focus on a cup run or do you concentrate on the league and rest some players?

I wouldn't be against seeing the new lads given a run out but if we are just going to roll over again and play a crap team we might as well borrow some Covid testing kits from Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back